Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    to put it simply (IMO anyway): out of the teams he visited, he liked Philly the most. gun to his head, he'd rather play in Philly, but he wouldn't mind going back to NSH.
    Yeah, I think you'd have to read it that way. I mean he's already God Like down there and he'll be filthy rich and they have been decent lately....plus he won't have to be the Jackwagon that leaves them high and dry........so yeah, it's essentially a savvy business move for him without having to worry about how the new CBA will limit his earning potential......

HOWEVER.....regardless if he's fine or happy with being in Nashville.....you'd think once you get teased by the potential of playing for a big market team like Philly and all their resources you have to think there will be some "I wish I would have........" at some point in all this for him...

either way I'm prepping for the "Well, now that Weber is locked up long term in Nashville what's our next move" thread

vCash
    lol man don't do this to yourself. don't set yourself up for a HUGE letdown if NSH ends up matching.
    Easier said than done!!! I am trying to tell myself Nashville is just gonna match as to not get my hopes up but that is really hard to do. I REALLY hope they don't drag this all the way till Wednesday....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    this goes to the comment within this comment - briere is not going ANYWHERE ... Couturier lives with him, so did giroux, he is a mentor and our best playoff performer ... he also is signed through 2014/2015 with a full NMC ... he MIGHT wave his NMC for buffalo or montreal ... that is about it

now ... speaking to this post ... i think people are slowly coming to the realization i came to earlier ... hartnell and kimo are gone ... i wouldn't be surprised if we traded them to nashville after this deal is done for 2nd round picks

regardless, we aren't resigning Kimo if Weber does come and while we will try to resign Hartnell - it will go the way of Carle - Hartnell wont be back unless he takes a pay cut ...

sorry but those are the breaks of having a salary cap ... love the guy, but he wont be worth 5 million a year at the age of 31 ... what would you give him 3 years and 15 million ... yah f'ing right ...
    If you get Weber it doesn't make sense to trade Hartnell and/or Timmonen.......going all in to add Weber means just that.....we would be saying that we are gonna go for the big prize this year....so adding Weber and then subtracting a guy who scored 37 goals last year and/or our best all around defenseman (outside of weber) doesn't make sense......make your one year run and see what happens...worst case we have another 10 mill in cap space next year if we let both of them walk..

vCash
    btw saw this this morning (yes, i know it's eklund):

said that he believes if Weber were to end up a Flyer, that Voracek would end up going back to Nashville as the main piece in the "in good faith" package.
    Anyone else think it's possible that Snider gives Nashville what they need more than anything in a package "in good faith," that being cash? A trade of Voracek, Bourdon, 2 firsts and cash? The Flyers, and more specifically Comcast, are basically a printing press for money. Why not give Nashville what they need more than anything else, which Snider just so happens to have an excess of? It's been done before when Gretzky was traded to Los Angeles so it's not like it would be an unheard of deal. I don't know how much cash they'd have to give Nashville, but just an idea of something else the Flyers could do to help PR after breaking an unwritten rule.

vCash
    I believe it's a rule in NHL trades that no cash is allowed to change hands......

vCash
    Losing Voracek will be a little sting to this deal but I guess I could live with it. It sucks though because makes our forward depth just to average I guess. Weber is still Weber. I rather give up Mezo, MAB, etc. They have legit no guys on D for a long term contract. They can keep our four firsts with the deal. I really like Voracek.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    From the Nashville side of things.......I don't really like this "We have to match the offer to keep Weber" stuff......Granted you never want to let a franchise go like that. However, if money is indeed a factor then I don't think it makes sense to throw the farm at one guy if there is a chance that by doing so you can't build a credible team around him. I'm not saying that's the case because only they truly know what kind of money they are willing to put into the team. But I really refuse to subscribe to the idea that they have to do everything possible to hang onto the superstar.....winning is what builds the fanbase....it doesn't matter if you have your golden boy and still lose the interest is only going to remain for so long. If they lost Weber and turned their resources into something smart and remain competitive that's what will make the difference in the long term.

Weber and Rinne can't win it all by themselves........so for me, if I'm Nashville and I think this contract will financially strap us to the point of making it difficult to sign maybe 2 or 3 quality guys here then essentially I bluff and cry my way to get the best deal I can get from the Flyers to keep the franchise credible and make the next move....that's just the way it's been forever, the small market teams in any sport just require that the GM be much more shrewd with their moves...this is no different. ..

same principle in Columbus......Nash is the golden boy out there...but I'd bet you that if they traded him and turned him into a package that made them more comptetive and win they'd forget him as soon as they made the playoffs...

vCash
    In this case....how shrewd can Poile be? It's either he matches the monstrous contract offer....or he sits back and accepts 4 First round draft picks....Holmgren doesn't have to placate to NSH and come up with alternative offers for Weber....Holmgren would do that as a gesture of good faith and good business for Poile....

vCash
    Heres what i see coming from reading all of the articles about shea weber and what the flyers will do.

sign shea weber to the 14yr 110 mil contract
    give nash our 4 first rounders
    have a deal there that would send Mez MAB GUF for 3 1st rounders back
    then trade Read Holmstrum Cousins for Ryan
    sign jake with what ever money we have left
    and then let of the one of the phantoms try and make the team over rinaldo

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup
    FORWARDS
    Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
    Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
    Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.750m)
    Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matt Ford ($0.600m)
    Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /
    DEFENSEMEN
    Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Shea Weber ($7.900m)
    Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
    Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
    Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
    GOALTENDERS
    Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
    Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
    BUYOUTS
    Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
    ------
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,821,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
    CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,378,056

vCash
    I think it's almost 100% IF we get Weber - Voracek gets sent to Nash.

Sign Doan? Or Semin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post

Sign Doan? Or Semin?
    not what i have been reading

if nash doesnt resign weber they would want young dfense back for the 1st rounders
    i saw something about doan doan wanted to go to a team that had made serious moves in the offseason to get better and be on that champion caliber team thats why he is waiting so long to sign
    if doan did come here briere would be gone they would get rid of his contract first to get doan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN1994 View Post
    Heres what i see coming from reading all of the articles about shea weber and what the flyers will do.

sign shea weber to the 14yr 110 mil contract
    give nash our 4 first rounders
    have a deal there that would send Mez MAB GUF for 3 1st rounders back
    then trade Read Holmstrum Cousins for Ryan
    sign jake with what ever money we have left
    and then let of the one of the phantoms try and make the team over rinaldo

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup
    FORWARDS
    Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
    Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
    Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.750m)
    Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matt Ford ($0.600m)
    Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /
    DEFENSEMEN
    Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Shea Weber ($7.900m)
    Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
    Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
    Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
    GOALTENDERS
    Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
    Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
    BUYOUTS
    Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
    ------
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,821,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
    CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,378,056
    Are you insane? This isn't NHL 12, no shot that mez MAB and Gus are worth even 2 first rounders, them I highly doubt the ducks who take a older rookie who's production this year is going to be in question, a sub fourth liner, and a scrappy at the very best 3 rd line center In cousin, none of this will or should happen besides weber

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post

Sign Doan? Or Semin?
    I don't think so, I think mez is more likely to be out or bourdon, I heard we contacted Doan multiple times so of that is the case isay move Danny b

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    I don't think so, I think mez is more likely to be out or bourdon, I heard we contacted Doan multiple times so of that is the case isay move Danny b
    I've Voracek AND Mez plus two firsts was going to be the deal if players involved. Not confirming anything but it's out there and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Preparing for everything lol

vCash
    Why on earth would Danny B accept a trade /away/ from the team that just added Shea Weber and appears to be taking a shot at the cup? That guy wants to win, pure and simple. For him to accept a trade /away/ would be stupid from his standpoint.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast