Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I love this move. Poile has kept us hanging on a string and pushing back talks so Homer forced his hand. Sure its a risky, ballsy and even some would say ******* move but you dont win Stanley Cups by playing it safe all the time. I personally love Homer because he has the balls to almost annualy rock the NHL with a gutsy move.

As for those that are worried about Giroux.... Homer is too smart for that and knows if he gets Weber like this everyone will be lining up to OS Giroux so he will extend him before that point. I also think there is a deal worked out behind the scenes that may involve Voracek +. Suppossedly Poile is buddies with Homer and I think Homer is too smart to do something like this behind Poile's back and leave himself open to get caught with his pants down when Nashville does the same to Voracek. My bet is that Voracek is gone as part of an agreement for Nashville to not match the OS.

As for us now becoming the ******* of the NHL. Who gives a ****???? We already are the *******s of the NHL because everyone already still looks at us as the Broadstreet Bullies.

Bottomline is if we get Weber without giving up Schenn or Couts then they can call us *******s all they want cause in the epic words of Patrick Roy "We wont be able to hear what they said cause our ears were plugged with our Stanley Cup rings"
    This wouldn't surprise me at all. As long as they keep Couturier and Schenn, they really can't lose in my opinion. And if the deal is $100 mil over 14 years, the compensation is only 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd (less than Pronger).
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    this made me laugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    Never thought about teams going after our RFA's....Homer better watch his back....Giroux could be stolen out from under us....good thing we have an extra $6 million comin off the books next season...
    Giroux will never see the light of day as an RFA, nor Couturier, or any other player by the Flyers held in that kind of esteem. The Flyers aren't the Nashville's and Florida's of the world; players actually want to play in Philly and the Flyers have the coin to lock up any player they choose before it would come to that. If some low rent team wanted to offer any scrap piece 3rd/4th liner RFA that they allow to hit the market with some off the wall offer, let em have it because they are only hurting themselves.

vCash
    If Weber does land here....and it's for the $7.85 million/year...that puts the Flyers right at the salary cap of $70.2 million (according to capgeek)....and that's WITHOUT signing Voracek...

Homer HAS to have something else planned to shed some salary...Pronger's LTIR money will be great for the team, but Voracek doesn't stay with this team if that's the money they're counting on....because it doesn't kick in till after the first day of the season...
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    You can be 10% above the cap during the off-season and since Pronger will go to LTIR, that gives us an extra 4m to work with (I believe. Please someone with a greater knowledge of the CBA correct me if I'm wrong).

If that is incorrect, I imagine we will dump Mez for a draft pick. I'm setting myself up for a major let down, but...

Weber/Timonen
    Coburn/Grossman
    Schenn/Mez

We could replace Mez with Gus or Lilja and still have a great defensive core.
    I would imagine more then Schenn would have to be sent down to the AHL to fit Voracek into the lineup...Schenn is a $3.1 million hit....Voracek, rumored, is getting $3.5-4 million per year....

Gus and Schenn can be sent down for a game. hell, Gus can be sent down permanently lol, but both can be sent down, which should free up enough space to even allow Voracek to re-sign.

there's no worries here. if the Flyers couldn't do this, they wouldn't have. period.

vCash
    Poile says in statement they will review offer sheet due to its complexity, will not make any further comments until decision is made..

heres the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Polie:
    "We are in receipt of the offer sheet signed between the Philadelphia Flyers and Shea Weber. Under the rules pertaining to an offer sheet, the Predators have one week to decide whether to match or accept the compensation. We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea. Our ownership has provided us with the necessary resources to build a Stanley Cup-winning team. Due to the complexity of the offer sheet, we will take the appropriate time to review and evaluate it and all of its ramifications in order to make the best decision for the Predators in both the short and long-term.

“We do not anticipate any further comments on this situation until we make our decision within the next seven days.”

"our intention would be to match and retain Shea" - note the wording.... intention - would be - to me that sounds different from, WE WILL and ARE GOING TOO

you boys ready for a long bumpy ride...

lets see roster projections now... too lazy to do it..whos down?
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 07-19-2012 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    this made me laugh

I was really disappointed to find out that www.suckitpittsburgh.com was not a real site

vCash
    hahahahahahah i know right..

lol

vCash

Jumping the gun

If we do in fact land Weber after the week is through, we then make a defenseman expendable which leads me to believe we will give up more for B Ryan. Just saying.

vCash
    Lot of speculation out there...some think a trade might be worked out others think Weber signed the sheet knowing Nashville would match. Going to be long week

vCash
    Homer is a genius. That offer is so sexy. He strapped them up pretty solid. Poile probably fainted when he saw how it was structured. And just for ****s and giggles, if Prongs comes back 2 years from now....

If we end up landing Shea, Shero is gonna have to be crapping out a brick in Pitt. AND we could still make a play for Corey Perry next year. This is better than NHL 12 GM Mode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimCirino View Post
    If we do in fact land Weber after the week is through, we then make a defenseman expendable which leads me to believe we will give up more for B Ryan. Just saying.
    Problem is our draft picks would be gone and we could only offer 2nd rounders to make that trade. Sure you could make Mez and Read expendable, but it's going to take more than that I would think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Lot of speculation out there...some think a trade might be worked out others think Weber signed the sheet knowing Nashville would match. Going to be long week
    This would break my little heart into pieces..... Can you imagine us all getting a week long erection thinking that Homer might actually pull off the unthinkable and steal Weber just to find out Nashville matched and he will never see the orange and black???

In all reality its the most likely scenario but what a huge buzz kill that would be if it turns out to be all for not.

vCash
    Posted this in the other thread.

Honestly, There is NO WAY that the pred don't match this.

Lose Weber/Suter/Parts of there already Crap offense ---> No Playoffs for a few seasons ---> Fanbase Dies ---> Franchise Dies ---> No more Nashville.

Either way the preds are screwed.....

Sign Weber --->Lose Suter/And parts if there already crap offense ---> Cant Sign good players ---> No Playoffs for a few seasons ---> Fanbase Dies ---> Franchise Dies ---> No more Nashville.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Problem is our draft picks would be gone and we could only offer 2nd rounders to make that trade. Sure you could make Mez and Read expendable, but it's going to take more than that I would think.
    All I have to say is if Homer can pull off Weber and Ryan in the same offseason and still keep the core of Giroux, Schenn and Couts intacked then I will vow to rename my first bon son Holgrem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    All I have to say is if Homer can pull off Weber and Ryan in the same offseason and still keep the core of Giroux, Schenn and Couts intacked then I will vow to rename my first bon son Holgrem.
    well at least spell it right, geez

lmfao that's hilarious.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast