Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Philadelphia Flyers enter into talks for Nash

The Blue Jackets are looking for at least one of Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier, which the Flyers might see as a non-starter. The Blue Jackets are likely to hold firm until Zach Parise signs. However, if they don't get an offer they like after the Parise signing, then they might finally lower their asking price.

csnphilly.com

Not sure if this deserves its own thread or in the offseason thread.

vCash
    Rick nash can stay in columbus

lol bryz

vCash
    Homer is a dumb **** if he trades for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    If he give up Couts to the jackets Im going to go buy a couts jackets jersey and be a CBJ fan.

True Story.

lol bryz

vCash
    Could be a smoke and mirrors move. lets face it, we've been linked to pretty much every major free agent out there anyway.....

vCash
    More likely it's Columbus throwing around Schenn and Couts just to set a bar and drive the price up for other teams..........I just don't imagine that we have a match that works. I can't see us giving up Schenn or Couts here..........

I think at some point Columbus will have to realize that his contract isn't that awesome and people won't give up a star for the right to pay him a crap load of money..

vCash
    The world will end on December 21st, 2012, when Jody Shelley scores a hat trick and Scott Howson makes a smart decision. #Flyers #NHL
    Just Saw that on Twitter. Found it kinda funny

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salimstoudamire View Post
    The Blue Jackets are looking for at least one of Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier, which the Flyers might see as a non-starter. The Blue Jackets are likely to hold firm until Zach Parise signs. However, if they don't get an offer they like after the Parise signing, then they might finally lower their asking price.

csnphilly.com

Please remind me how couturier or schenn is not a starter

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Maybe there going to make them the backup goalie

lol bryz

vCash
    I call their bluff... not happening

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    We are a great young team with a huge amount of upside that could have won the cup this past season. I'm not trading what it would take to get him its not worth taking the young guys that can be allstars off of this team.

Nash is great but may not be better then we will give up, at least not beyond this year.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    LOL...that't what the report from CSN says. A non starter doesn't refer to Schenn and Couts playing time. Non starter means that bringing up those players names is not a way to start negotiations. In other words, the Flyers are not willing to part with either player for Nash.

Thanks for the chuckle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salimstoudamire View Post

csnphilly.com

I don't think some of you are reading this part right. It means the Flyers are not willing to even discuss Schenn or Couturier to begin the trade negotiations. It's not referring to the players not starting or anything like that. It's a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    People act like Paul Holmgren is Scott Howson. If Homer trades for Nash, do people actually expect we're going to end up on the losing side? Because if you look at his trade history, we've seen very few "losers". Versteeg and Kubina are probably the only two that really come to mind. He absolutely murdered the Preds for Timmonen and Hartnell. He murdered the aforementioned Howson for Couts and Voracek. He knew more than others about Simmonds (and got Schenn as well). He got Coburn for freaking Zhitnik. Carle for Eminger and a 2nd. Mez for a 2nd. Pronger for Sbisa and some picks (Etem is an allright prospect, Sbisa hasn't done all that much, and he didn't know Pronger would get a concussion to end his career, on pure value, he won that trade).

In the end, if Homer trades for Nash, we're not going to lose that trade. I welcome a trade of Nash, honestly. He's a premium goal scorer. And as I said, I fully believe he'd win a trade, again, with Howson. If we don't trade for him, that's fine.....the reason we don't trade for Nash is because we couldn't win that trade - and I feel as though that goes for a trade with Ryan as well. Homer doesn't really lose trades. Worst case, we'll have a JVR/Schnn deal - one that makes sense for both teams.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Flyers bought out Bart's contract yesterday?

that 500k in cap space was really that important?

sounds like either a mega deal offer for Parise brewing up that will blow him out of the water, or a trade brewing that will require the Flyers to take on a huge contract (Nash, please no)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast