Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Rules and FAQ thread

Props to Nivar for doing most of this 2 years ago and me still leaching off of it.

You should know what is going on if you signed up for this but if you don't... We will be starting with an empty team and selecting 26 players. Although the draft will only consistent of 24/25 rounds, depending on the speed at the end. Then it will be first come, first serve at the end for the next few players. You're going to be filling your roster almost however you want, although there are a few guidelines. Here are the roster limits:

1 QB
    1-2 HB's
    1 FB
    1 TE
    2-3 WR's
    5 O-Lineman

3-4 Defensive Lineman
    3-4 Linebackers
    (These two must add up to 7, get as creative as you want)
    2-3 CB's
    2 Safeties

1 Kicker
    1 Punters

Kick Returner
    Punt Returner.

You have a time limit. If you don't make a pick in the time limit, you're skipped. You also cannot log off if you're one of the next three picks. If you get offline while you are on the clock, you are skipped after 30 minutes of us waiting for you. If you have to get off-line and you're up after the next three picks send jetsforever, ebbs, or homestarunner your list. You can also send it to any trusted GM a list of 3-5 players you would want with that pick.

Clarification: If you are online and your pick is on, you have an hour to make a pick before being skipped.

Times limits:
    Round 1: 6 Hours
    Rounds 2-3: 4 Hours
    Round 4-14: 3 Hours
    Rounds 15-20: 2 Hours
    Rounds 21+: 1 Hour

Your time limit will not start from 12 A.M. EST to 9 A.M. EST. If your time limit starts before these deadlines you will be skipped barring something stupid
    ex. You're on the East Coast and there were 10 picks in a row at Midnight your time. We have the right to determine what these special circumstances are. And we will execute it. So deal with that.

There will be a salary cap. You have a cap of 122 million. The NFL's cap is somewhere around there so this is fair. To find out how much cap exactly one player takes up we will be using this website: Spotrac. To get to the designated number for each player, click on the team they are on in real life and go to 2012 Cap Hits. We will be using "Cap Figure" for the purpose of this game. It is the very last column.

For example: I draft Isaiah Trufant, cornerback in the first round of the game. Since I know he is on the Jets, I scroll to the Jets section, click on said section and scroll down until I find his name. His Cap Figure is 465,000 and thus, he takes up that much cap for the upcoming season. If you have any further questions regarding this, ask away in this thread.

If you are online, you have an hour before you get skipped. Don't hold up the whole draft.

You are not allowed to mention undrafted players in the lounge. You will be fined $500,000 for every non-retired player you mention after a warning or two. Keep it up and I will just kick your *** right out of the redraft. I'm a nice guy until I get mad. Then I look like the Incredible Hulk.

FAQ:

Q: Can Picks Be Traded
    A: Yes.

Q: Can I trade a player for cap space? Can cap space be traded?
    A: No. The Cap space is set. No trades can be made to move just cap.

Q: That Trade is completely unfair! What the hell can we do to fix this?
    A: Never fear folks. Any trade that smells like potential problems will go to members of an Unnamed trade committee. If for some reason, you find out who is on the trade committee, don't bug them to pass your trade.

Q: Who can I send a player pick list to?
    A: jetsforever, homestarunner93 and ebbs are your commishes and we are definitely the safe picks but there are many trustworthy agents in the game. At the very least make sure all three of us gets the list so you can be safe. If you're skipped while all three of us are offline but sent us the list you will get the top player on the list whether or not someone else took him.

Q: Can I go over the cap limit?
    A: Yes, as long as by voting it's under. Be sure to keep your financial information in your clubhouse so it is easy to check.

Q: Why are so many people in the lounge nitpicks and pricks when it comes to critiquing teams?
    A: That's how they are. Your best bet against them are non-bias professionals, good stats from reliable sources and by not saying stupid or homer things.

Q: Can people post power rankings from my conference or division? We haven't had them in weeks.
    A: No, quit asking. If it happens, it happens.

Q: Where do I send trades?
    A: Send a trade to myself, Homestarunner93, ebbs and whomever else that we determine as the game goes on.

Q: How are we doing team names?
    A: Pretty easily. Its a first come, first serve once I open the thread. I don't plan on warning you for when I do that. We won't do locations because that could lead to biases (NY fans might vote for the New York Hogs). So basically, you can be the hogs.

Q: Are there any rules for names we can't pick.
    A: Yes. Actually, there are a few. It would be awesome if you and your co could be the "Hooker Hunters" but that's not what this is. Think of realistic team names a new franchise might choose. You can't pick team names that are already in the NFL (duh) and you also can't choose sexual things that could provide an advantage (Pam Anderson's left **** is not allowed)

Q: Can we select rookies from the 2012 draft.
    A: Nope.

Q: Retired Players?
    A: Sure. As long as they didn't retire before the date of the very first draft pick (will update soon) they are fair game.
    Last edited by jetsforever; 07-23-2012 at 04:16 PM.

vCash
    Q: Can we select rookies from the 2011 draft.
    A: Nope.
    You should change that.

Also, it's ****ing ******** we can't have rookies.

This is the year it would be great because it would add two legitimate QBs.

Hell I'd be for allowing RGIII and Luck in and no other rookies.

This thing gets ****ed by QB shortages and this could help that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You should change that.

No he shouldn't. There's no problem with QB shortages.

vCash
    Vilma ineligible?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You should change that.

Nope. No rookies. This game will be over by the time the season starts. The last thing that should happen is someone winning the game because they have Andrew Luck and some idiot thinks he is going to play like Peyton Manning in his rookie year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Vilma ineligible?
    You will not be able to draft Vilma or any player that is suspended for the full season (so only Vilma I believe but I'm not 100% sure). If someone has a 4 game suspension, they are fair game.

vCash
    Sodom's Seductive Sloths an elgible name?

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Wolves of Winterfell is a non negotiable part of my contract.

vCash
    Ya there is no QB shortages this year especially after the team who had like the 30th best QB and made it to the finals last year.

Also how about injured players who are declared out for the year or will be back by playoffs etc...

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    They will be available. Nobody is really in that kind of a situation anyways. Its all speculation at this point.

vCash
    So being able to draft Nick Collins who almost certainly will retire will be fine but having someone think Andrew Luck is good is bad.

I'll never get it.

It's all strategy. It doesn't hurt a thing. If they've overvalued, draft them higher.

vCash
    But they're also undervalued. If I ranked the QB's they would be borderline getting drafted, others would put them very high. The amount of parity and short term effects makes it suck. Last time we had rookies there was a situation where a certain Al Davis HB got a ton of votes for his team as a top HB because of his combine results. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if we started this earlier in the off-season but since we always go into the season everyone overreacts to one good game or a hot start and players get massively overrated. Not just by voters or a few people but usually most GM's and almost all voters.

vCash
    All I'm saying is players go up and down all the time.

What if Tom Smith threw for 5000 yards last year and this year he leads the league in INTs.

But the voting is before that. Oh he was overvalued. I just don't get it.

They're in the NFL, they should be in the RD. That's my two cents. Everything else sounds like excuses for people when they lose to something they think is "inferior" whether it's true or not.

vCash
    how we viewing injuries?

vCash
    I got a late pick, looks like we should make RG3 and Luck available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    I got a late pick, looks like we should make RG3 and Luck available.
    Yup. We should be accustomed to being at the tail end of the 1st round by now.

BloodHawk is Da Man!

Steelers All Time Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast