Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    You don't have the freedom to force someone else to capitulate to your demands.

Even if those demands are very reasonable.

Let's say that every manufacturer who produces birth control pills decides to stop producing birth control pills. Do you think the government should be able to force a business to produce birth control pills?
    Let's say storks start delivering babies while we're at it.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro
    They're not forced to partake in the benefit, only provide it for those that want to.
    ...and the Muslim chef is not forced to eat the pork, only provide it for those that want to.

If he didn't want to offer legal food, he shouldn't have gotten into the restaurant business!
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro
    Let's say storks start delivering babies while we're at it.
    If someone uses a hypothetical (even if it is unlikely) to demonstrate a principle: "but that wouldn't happen" is not a response.

Especially when you provided an example of a town having only one pharmacist. Now, if that one pharmacist decides to stop being a pharmacist...what then? Should the government force someone living in the town to become a pharmacist?

And you didn't answer my question. I sincerely want to know. What are pharmacists forced to provide? I am not aware of how they are regulated.
    Last edited by gcoll; 07-23-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    You don't have the freedom to force someone else to capitulate to your demands.

Even if those demands are very reasonable.

Let's say that every manufacturer who produces birth control pills decides to stop producing birth control pills. Do you think the government should be able to force a business to produce birth control pills?
    No of course not, (thought they are trying to do just that with flu vaccines, which is a good case of why the government should be involved with health care, but that is for another thread) but we can live in a fantasy land or we can live in reality. It's an acceptable medical treatment. And giving providers of medicine the ability to prevent consumers from getting the care they need is no different then allowing police or fire fighters to not doing their job (that's a abortion clinic on fire, who cares?). If you don't want to provide the medicines offered by your international chain of mega-pharmacies then you're probably in the wrong profession (you keep thinking that this is the 50s where pharmacist own most of the pharmacies, in which case yes they could simply not stock the meds, I don't see how you could do anything about that). Isn't that your opinion for those who work for these catholic institutions? They should just go work somewhere else if getting BCP covered is important to them?

As I read what I wrote I realize that these arguments is a Ouroboros http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros... which for pharmacy is kind of appropriate. We are actually all arguing the same things we just stand behind different folks.
    Last edited by flips333; 07-24-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    No of course not, (thought they are trying to do just that with flu vaccines, which is a good case of why the government should be involved with health care, but that is for another thread) but we can live in a fantasy land or we can live in reality. It's an acceptable medical treatment. And giving providers of medicine the ability to prevent consumers from getting the care they need is no different then allowing police or fire fighters to not doing their job (that's a abortion clinic on fire, who cares?). If you don't want to provide the medicines offered by your international chain of mega-pharmacies then you're probably in the wrong profession (you keep thinking that this is the 50s where pharmacist own most of the pharmacies, in which case yes they could simply not stock the meds, I don't see how you could do anything about that). Isn't that your opinion for those who work for these catholic institutions? They should just go work somewhere else if getting BCP covered is important to them?

As I read what I wrote I realize that these arguments is a Ouroboros http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros... which for pharmacy is kind of appropriate. We are actually all arguing the same things we just stand behind different folks.
    My opinion for those who work for Catholic institutions is that they should do what they think is best for themselves.

Quitting a job and seeking other employment seems like a radical step for something so easy to obtain as birth control. And, it can be tough to find a job that offers any medical coverage, let alone one tailored to your specific demands.

And I maintain that we are arguing very different principles. "The government should force businesses to offer birth control coverage in their health care packages" is based on a very different principle than what I base my thinking on. You're very very rarely going to see me support government force to reach a result I prefer.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567