Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sabres sign C Mikhail Grigorenko to entry-level contract

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=EyeOnHockey

EyeOnHockey Eye on Hockey

The #Sabres now have both of their first-round picks, Girgensons and Grigorenko, under contract

Great News to hear!!!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Good! Finally got that out of the way.
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    Without a great amount of center depth there's a possibility that he could make the team. Right now there's speculation to not deny that, but who knows. All that would be confirmed is that #63 Tyler Ennis, #19 Cody Hodgson, and #9 Steve Ott are the top three line's centers. It's not totally out of question. That could change at any time of course as to the fact Grigorenko is not an ideal #4 defensemen. But, who knows until October/Training Camp.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Without a great amount of center depth there's a possibility that he could make the team. Right now there's speculation to not deny that, but who knows. All that would be confirmed is that #63 Tyler Ennis, #19 Cody Hodgson, and #9 Steve Ott are the top three line's centers. It's not totally out of question. That could change at any time of course as to the fact Grigorenko is not an ideal #4 defensemen. But, who knows until October/Training Camp.
    I actually believe Grk he WILL make the team. Of course, don't forget toward the 3rd and 4th lines guys like Cody McCormick and Luke Adams.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    They will probably shift Ott to the wing if either of the two make the team. Can't wait for training camp to get started (whenever it gets going....damn CBA problems.)

What's next?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I actually believe Grk he WILL make the team. Of course, don't forget toward the 3rd and 4th lines guys like Cody McCormick and Luke Adams.
    Absolutely, it's about time for a turnaround and going with Ennis, Hodgson, Grigorenko and Ott down the middle is definitely a change. Adam might be better on the wing in a less pressure fitting. You have to think that Foligno, Ennis and Stafford will stick together. Whether Leino and Pomminville stay together with Hodgson would probably Hodgson would be my guess. Where does Vanek fit unless you move Leino all the way down to line 3 with Grigorenko. Either way this is a blessing not a curse. Between Grigorenko, Girgensons, Adam, Catenacci. The center depth is sort of a plus at this point. Post prospects obviously count too as Ennis and Hodgson are both under 24. Good to have that kind of skill talent. Now they just need to do some other changes on the forward side of things.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Absolutely, it's about time for a turnaround and going with Ennis, Hodgson, Grigorenko and Ott down the middle is definitely a change. Adam might be better on the wing in a less pressure fitting. You have to think that Foligno, Ennis and Stafford will stick together. Whether Leino and Pomminville stay together with Hodgson would probably Hodgson would be my guess. Where does Vanek fit unless you move Leino all the way down to line 3 with Grigorenko. Either way this is a blessing not a curse. Between Grigorenko, Girgensons, Adam, Catenacci. The center depth is sort of a plus at this point. Post prospects obviously count too as Ennis and Hodgson are both under 24. Good to have that kind of skill talent. Now they just need to do some other changes on the forward side of things.
    I think Ott will probably go to the wing, Leino will probably stay at wing. Hodgson and Ennis will be 1A and 1B. Grig/Girg (whichever makes the team) will be 3 and McCormick will be the usual 4 if Luke Adam bombs again.

I've got to think that at this point Luke Adam is trade bait, but at the same time I feel like if we trade him we will end up regretting it. If we keep him, I feel like he won't amount to anything.

I would REALLY like to see Ott/Ennis/Foligno on a line. It'd be like a roller derby line. Ott and Foligno to crush them up and Ennis to shoot through and score. Put them out at the same time as Myers/McNabb or Myers/Regehr.

I feel like they've got to keep Vanek and Pommer together, and Hodgson makes the most sense to center that line. They didn't do that well last year together, but they went 15 some games before having a team practice after the Hodgson trade. When he learns the playbook I feel like they will work better together.

That would leave Leino/Stafford Girg/Grig/McCormick and Gerbe/Kaleta for the last two lines. I feel like I'm forgetting someone... Tropp I guess.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Ott/Ennis/Foligno.....I like that idea. As for elsewhere, someone (or two) are going out the door. Luke Adam is prime; one of the vets will also be gone. Outside of Vanek-Hodgson-Pommer and Ott-Ennis-Foligno, I do not have a clue on what combos will work.

Putting Ott there can allow for unloading Stafford as part of a trade. Just because that line worked for the last bit of the season, it does not guarantee it staying together.

Still waiting for that big signature move from Darcy....