Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Whats your take on the new wild card system thus far?

Are there more teams in contention then in past years?

Was there any impact on the trade deadline? Less sellers?
    Last edited by Puck017; 08-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    Clearly, it is has given more teams hope that they can make it into the playoffs, and apparently people were saying that it made fewer players available during the trad deadline.

I really don't have any problem with the extra wildcard. I like SUDDEN DEATH.

vCash
    I don't really like it, but I never really liked the idea of it anyhow. Baseball is just too flukey to have one game decide who makes the playoffs. Its different if the teams tie during the season, but my worry is that a team can be 6 games better than the other wildcard team, and they lose one game and they're out of the playoffs. I don't like that idea.

vCash
    The division leaders want to win the division outright because It will increase the revenue by 25-50 million for 3 or 4 homes games, compared to the profit they would get from a coin flip home game that they aren't guaranteed to get.

vCash
    I like the idea of 5 of 15 (which it will be next year), but if it comes down to a one-game Play-In, I'd rather know it's the 4th and 5th best teams in the league playing to get in.

So that means they should eliminate divisions, play a close-to-balanced schedule, and seed the teams in the right order. Top-3 get in, and are treated like division winners, and the 4- and 5-seeds play to get in.

There would still be great races for the 3-seed since nobody wants it to come down to one game, and the race for the 5-seed would still be contended by 4-5 teams.

And if they give the 1-seed 4 home games out of 5 in the "Division Series", then it would give incentive to finish with the top record overall, and make it that much harder for the Play-In winner to advance to the LCS.

vCash
    I hate the new wild card system.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    I actually like it... it adds just that much more competition as teams fight for that additional spot.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 4-2
    Warriors = 0-0 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    I dont know if I like it. I might be more open to the 2nd WC, but I really dont like the 1 game play-in. In a game like baseball, there is a reason you play a series. Anyone can win one game.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    yes but the point of the one game playoff is to give incentive to keep playing to win your division.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    All I have to say about it is.....

In the American league, its as if half the league is in the Wild Card race. So pretty much half the American League were buyers at the trade deadline, so much that many teams didnt make deals because of how ridiculous the trade market was.

vCash
    It's a terrible system and I wish they'd get rid of it. And what's worse is teams that have no business making the playoffs are fooled into thinking they have a chance.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    I'm conflicted about the new wildcard system. I like the idea of keeping more teams in the hunt and makes things more interesting down the stretch, but the thing I hate about it is that its not unusual for the wild card to be the second best team in the league. I also curious to see how it affects trade deadline deals over the next few years.

vCash
    I think the new system will be much more popular in a few years once people see it in action and realize the purpose. The new system creates a huge emphasis on winning the division. Under the old system, it wasn't really that important to win your division as opposed to the WC. Now, there's a massive difference between the two. This is really going to strengthen the quality of late season baseball IMO. Teams will play their regulars more now that the WC isn't as comfy a cushion to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    It adds to competitive integrity. I like it a lot. Always kind of wished baseball was set up more like Hockey and every series was seven games.

vCash
    I love it. It makes the game so much more interesting and fun. Im really happy they added it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast