Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    If Mitt is going to release something that is going to look bad, whether it's tax returns or something else, now is the time to do it. All the Obama/Bill Ayers/Rev. Wright stuff came out in the summer of '08 and had enough time to take over political news and then die down for the election. Romney's camp doesn't want something negative to pop up in October or he's screwed.
    i agree with you. now is the time to get stuff out there. Just release it, take the hit and go on. Romney's got time to get over what ever is wrong. Plus not doing anything just opens you up to the 'What are you hiding questions'.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Are we really sure that there's something incriminating in the returns or do the returns just give the Obama campaign more proof that Romney is "a rich guy"?

I'm betting on the latter.....
    If his tax rate falls below 10% it looks real bad... and an understanding of just how much money Romney hides off shore will likely be damning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Are we really sure that there's something incriminating in the returns or do the returns just give the Obama campaign more proof that Romney is "a rich guy"?

I for one don't think there is anything incriminating in Romney's taxes. But what I do think is in there is tax avoidance that contradicts the message Romney's advisers have been trying to make, which is that he is just like "you". Given the way the tax code is written and how Mitt Romney earns his money, there is a good chance that he didn't pay a dime in taxes in either 2007, 2008, or 2009.

That would be damning in the eyes of many. Not because of anything wrong that Romney did, but the fact that people don't like seeing the same people who want to write the rules taking the most advantage of how the rules are written.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash

If you're correct, then the Romney campaign is the dumbest presidential campaign ever. If they don't have anything to hide, the release the tax returns. Because Romney is getting killed for nothing, if that is the case.

Your bet seems more wishful thinking that actual thinking to me. Because for it to be true, the Romney campaign would have to make a conscious decision to cripple their campaign to protect the fact that Romney is a rich guy.

Personally I hope you're right. It's that kind of sharp thinking that will keep the GOP out of the White House.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    It does seem that the tax issue matters to the Romney campaign. Or at least they see whatever they are hiding is so important that they are willing to take the hit for covering it up.

In politics it is usually the cover up that is worse than the mistake. Every political pro seems to be know that. But the Romney guys were willing to take the hit for not coming clean because the cost of not releasing the tax return was so bad. Either that or they are really stupid or really sure they can get away with it. There is something bad here or at least something that makes Mitt Romney look very unpresidential in the minds of most voters.
    It still looks to me that the folks most feverish about this are the same ones trying to pull a "Rush", and change the conversation away from the economy, jobs, etc, much like this thread. As long as he didn't commit tax fraud, I don;t give a **** what he paid, and I know I am not alone. And unless there is a specific requirement that presidential candidates must submit tax returns, I hope he never submits his.

Its actuall funny, as in laugh out loud funny to me to see Biden and Harry Reid get all upset ovre this. Again, where were they when Geitner had his tax issues? I'll tell you- towing that good ol' party line. That's where. Its laughable watching these miserable hypocrites gat so upset. I wonder how long it will be before the GOP pulls another Rush and starts asking Obama about Obamacare waivers.

What a ****ing farse this policital scene has become.
    Last edited by Patsfan56; 07-25-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234