Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Sensationalism sells. Conflict sells, Sex sells, Stupid sells.

There's alot of money in stupid people.

Rush is extremely intelligent, and knows this. Like Beck, he is good at what he does
    I sort of grew up listening to Rush being from a conservative family. Rush Limbaugh 20 years ago is nothing like today because he has to keep getting more and more extreme to keep the audiences attention and also to stay ahead of all the conservative copy cats of his show. He used to be very logical with people trying to take down the words Christmas from malls and other PC police criticisms. But with political news going mainstream in the last decade it's like he refused to be relegated to the back of the class which has caused him to be almost nonsensical on a regular basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I sort of grew up listening to Rush being from a conservative family. Rush Limbaugh 20 years ago is nothing like today because he has to keep getting more and more extreme to keep the audiences attention and also to stay ahead of all the conservative copy cats of his show. He used to be very logical with people trying to take down the words Christmas from malls and other PC police criticisms. But with political news going mainstream in the last decade it's like he refused to be relegated to the back of the class which has caused him to be almost nonsensical on a regular basis.
    That definitely appears that this is the case. Like all pundits now, it seems the more extreme your rhetoric gets, the more popular you become. Intelligent, quiet debate has no place on the news now...just blind partisans having souting matches. It's unfortunate, and a product of channels trying to maximize their ratings.

and just to be clear, my post wasn't meant to insult you or other Rush fans. My overall point was that people who hear this Batman thing from Rush, then go nuts over it and post comments, threaten the director, etc are just plain ignorant. This goes for anybody on the left as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    That definitely appears that this is the case. Like all pundits now, it seems the more extreme your rhetoric gets, the more popular you become. Intelligent, quiet debate has no place on the news now...just blind partisans having souting matches. It's unfortunate, and a product of channels trying to maximize their ratings.

and just to be clear, my post wasn't meant to insult you or other Rush fans. My overall point was that people who hear this Batman thing from Rush, then go nuts over it and post comments, threaten the director, etc are just plain ignorant. This goes for anybody on the left as well.
    Yeah I just had somebody in my office get off the phone and tell me that Bane is the new villain in the Batman movie. She didn't seem happy to hear that the name originated in the early nineties. But at least she found out at all. It's weird to me how some people can listen to "news" all day and somehow be sheltered from so many facts or ideas about the topics they are constantly hearing about. Also I'm not really a Rush fan anymore. Just an occasional listener these days.

vCash
    . . . Also I'm not really a Rush fan anymore. Just an occasional listener these days.
    I used to listen to him all the time during the Bush Sr. administration, but after Clinton was elected, he went from thinker/philosopher to hater/conspiracy guy. I get why he did it, but not very interesting to listen to.

vCash
    Yeah I just had somebody in my office get off the phone and tell me that Bane is the new villain in the Batman movie. She didn't seem happy to hear that the name originated in the early nineties. But at least she found out at all. It's weird to me how some people can listen to "news" all day and somehow be sheltered from so many facts or ideas about the topics they are constantly hearing about. Also I'm not really a Rush fan anymore. Just an occasional listener these days.
    I remember Bane from the comic books back when I was a kid(I'm 29 now). You're right, it's so ridiculous how people(R and D alike) take what they hear from their media outlets, then run with it. Outrage without logic

vCash
    I think he's smoking something other than cigars these days.

Don't you get it maaaaan? and Batman is the Dark Knight......DARK......like black.....like Obama black.
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 07-18-2012 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    When director Christopher Nolan announced two years ago that the character Bane would be Batman's nemesis in The Dark Knight Rises, more than a few eyebrows were raised. While the villain, who first appeared in 1993, has played a prominent role in the caped crusader's comic book canon, he is not nearly as well known as longer-standing bad guys such as the Joker, the Penguin or the Riddler.
    Now the real reason for the hulking antagonist's deployment in Nolan's superhero blockbuster has been revealed - at least, in the mind of the rightwing US commentator Rush Limbaugh: it's a thinly veiled attack on the Republican presidential nominee, Mitt Romney.
    According to Limbaugh, who was speaking on his syndicated radio show, Bane is designed to get Americans thinking about Bain Capital, the investment fund Romney founded in 1984.
    Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/batman-v...#ixzz212PMabqz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Don't you get it maaaaan? and Batman is the Dark Knight......DARK......like black.....like Obama black.
    I liked how he carefully avoided saying that but it was clearly in the air.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    All of our comment prove one thing. Rush Limbaugh is smarter about what he does than we are. The point of this comment is not the Bane/bain thing. Nor is it the 'Liberal Hollywood Elite'. Nor is it the crazyness of Limbaugh and his fans. The point of this whole comment is to change the story.

Two days ago, the story was Mitt Romney. Did he control Bain? Did he ship jobs over seas? When will he release his tax returns? Did he pay any taxes one of the years he won't release? What's he got to hide? All those things are bad for Romney and don't make him look presidential.

But now the story is all about Rush. His fans don't care if people call him crazy. They seem to like him better when he is being attacked. He loses nothing. And gets to change the topic for a news cycle. So Romney gets a break, Rush takes a hit from guys he doesn't care about and his fans rush to his defense. Everyone wins. But mainly the spotlight goes off Romney, which was the whole point of the exercise.

Well played Rush.

vCash
    rush (and every talking head, for that matter) is no different than sports pundits (like skip bayless and screamin' a. smifffff) who intentionally make outrageous claims and remarks (that i am almost certain they do not believe, or at least do not wholeheartedly believe) in order to garner attention, remain relevant in their field, and above all else, MAKE MONEY.

to take what rush says at face value is as patently absurd as taking what skip bayless routinely says at face value. what's worse is getting all riled up over it. we are literally allowing an entertainment persona (akin to any character on any fictional tv show) to push us to vitriol over **** he most likely does not actually believe. that's not only genius on his part, it's incredibly sad and pathetic on our part (in an unintentionally comedic, "look how gullible we are as a society" type of way).
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Rush is also a master of playing the victim of a controversy and sometimes he's the one who started the controversy. The Sandra Fluke controversy was a great example. He totally ignited that firestorm but if you listened to his show it was just a witch hunt by the left, mainstream media, PC police, ect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

FTR, he's also done this with Air Force One and Avatar. While I enjoyed Air Force One, and as good as the effects in Avatar were, I had to leavethat film, becasue all I could see on the screen was James Cameron pulling a Ron Jeremy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    FTR, he's also done this with Air Force One and Avatar. While I enjoyed Air Force One, and as good as the effects in Avatar were, I had to leavethat film, becasue all I could see on the screen was James Cameron pulling a Ron Jeremy.
    I'm sure there's a Magic Mike - Rick Perry correlation somewhere too.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    All of our comment prove one thing. Rush Limbaugh is smarter about what he does than we are. The point of this comment is not the Bane/bain thing. Nor is it the 'Liberal Hollywood Elite'. Nor is it the crazyness of Limbaugh and his fans. The point of this whole comment is to change the story.

Two days ago, the story was Mitt Romney. Did he control Bain? Did he ship jobs over seas? When will he release his tax returns? Did he pay any taxes one of the years he won't release? What's he got to hide? All those things are bad for Romney and don't make him look presidential.

But now the story is all about Rush. His fans don't care if people call him crazy. They seem to like him better when he is being attacked. He loses nothing. And gets to change the topic for a news cycle. So Romney gets a break, Rush takes a hit from guys he doesn't care about and his fans rush to his defense. Everyone wins. But mainly the spotlight goes off Romney, which was the whole point of the exercise.

Well played Rush.
    Yes because this is what everyone is talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    I was fired from a movie theater I worked at in college cause when I went to sweep up after air force one I used to tell people "get... Out... Of My... Theater!".

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast