Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Spurgeon really needs to show his offensive flair this year. He has it, we know it, but it has to come along and develop or soon because of his size he will be replaced. Plain and simple.

Falk is still by far my favorite prospect. He showed good puck movement last year and was on the ice and delivered in some key end of game situations. He has tremendous size so as long as he keeps things going he could be a great #3-#4.

vCash
    we are missing the big, strong, mean, crease clearing D-man, i hope our coaches can teach falk to fill that role. but i think hes only a 3rd pair guy. (doesn't skate fast enough) imo ps wouldn't it be crazy if we trade w carolina to bring in the other justin faulk?

vCash
    Spelt differently but the Faulk on Carolina is much better than our Falk

vCash
    Falk actually is surprisingly a good skater for his size. Obviously its not as good as Scandella's or Suter's or Gilbert, but his ceiling isnt that high. He is big and uses his body well, but your right he isnt mean...thats more Stoner. Stoner can get mean and can clear the crease, he needs to teach Falk some of that. Carolina's Faulk is much better, especially offensively. But I like our Falk still young just needs to round out his game. Its going to be an interesting year.

vCash
    What about Brodin? I think he will likely make the team out of camp. He is our most highly touted defensemen even in front of Dumba.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    Brodin cerebral-ly is easily NHL ready. But I wish he would spend another year in Europe to get bigger. Suter gave us good depth (not great) to where we could let him develop.

vCash
    I think Brodin needs to play in NA this year for his development. I agree he needs to get bigger and fill out his frame, but he also needs to get used to the NA rink and style of play. I guess spending the year Houston would be the best option for him if he doesn't make the Wild roster out of camp.

Also can he go back to Europe? Didn't he sign his ELC?
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    Yes he can still go back to Europe, and I think I read thats where the Wild execs plan to put him if he doesnt make the team. I dont know exactly all the rules but there are plenty of prospects who sign ELC and go back, that way the team that drafted them doesnt have to worry about losing their rights and his 3 year clock doesnt start yet.

I do agree with you though you made a really good point he does need to come over and play here and learn the rinks. I wouldnt mind him at all down with the Aero's, that way we could really keep on eye on him and make sure he is hitting the gym. Growing up in Europe in any sport getting big isnt as "big" of a deal as working on quickness, flexibility etc so keep him here and make him focus on it. Like it.

vCash
    just my one cent ,i think brodin and all other prospects should spend a year in houston. the only exception is granlund. i think last year mgmt let him spend another yr in finland vs houston. cheers, go wild!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Spelt differently but the Faulk on Carolina is much better than our Falk
    Depends on what your definition of "better" is...

Probably along the development scale, Carolina's Faulk is further along....and overall, perhaps his game may turn out to be superior to Minny's Falk...

However, Minny's is younger, bigger, has room to grow...and while he isn't the meanest player on the Minnesota defense, I've seen flashes of that, and I think it will only be a matter of time before that is brought out in him some more.

Particularly if Minnesota DOES become a contender in 2012-13, teams will gun for the Wild goal scorers, take extra cheap shots at players, and guys like Stoner, Prosser and Falk from the defense will step up....

And apparently the Wild expect that sort of thing too, as they re-signed Matt kassian to stick around, and signed that animal Zenon Konopka.

Bottom line: if you want some PP production and some overall offense, Carolina's Faulk is your man...if you want a large body who plays with a bit of an edge, or someone to push back hard when your teammates are getting pushed around, I'd prefer Minny's to Carolina's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12