Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3563 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25633063346335133553356135623563356435653573361336634063 ... LastLast
Results 53,431 to 53,445 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Can't beleive the Oilers and Preds couldn't work out a deal before the offer sheet happened. Yakupov for Weber would be a start to a deal that would've made a lot of sense for both sides.

vCash
    Blues resigned Oshie on a 5-year deal with a cap hit of just a hair over $4.1million. That's a fantastic deal for the Blues. I'm a bit disappointed. Was hoping we'd have a crack at Oshie in a few years.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

vCash
    Is anyone going to the convention? If so, please boo the **** out of Bowman for me.

Thanks

vCash
    roto:

Blackhawks President John McDonough plans to listen to the fans during the team's annual convention.
    "Fans are very candid," McDonough said. "It's important for me to hear that. Listening has been maybe the most important element of this job since (I took over) five years ago in November and it really has sharpened my listening skills." There will probably be some that express frustration over Chicago's quiet summer despite the fact that they've been eliminated from the playoffs in the first round for each of the last two season.
    ok...

He can listen all he wants...but will he do anything?

vCash
    I wonder if McD has another marketing trip up his sleeve.

Wouldnt it be awesome if Shane Doan was there in a Hawks jersey as the newest member of the Hawks.....wishful thinking

vCash
    Buddy of mine at the convention says a lot of buzz that Bowman is going to sign Evander Kane to an offer sheet. We'll see.

vCash
    What a boring *** offseason

vCash
    I didn't realize we had an off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Buddy of mine at the convention says a lot of buzz that Bowman is going to sign Evander Kane to an offer sheet. We'll see.
    That would be awesome. Wonder what we'd have to offer him to get Winnipeg to not match. If we got him, the brothers Kane flanking Toews would look ridiculous. Having said that, I doubt it happens. Offer sheets don't happen terribly often unless it's a special player like Weber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    lol First, Bowman doesn't have the ****ing balls. Second, he can't offer sheet Kane unless he signs him to an $8.4million or more a year contract. Not gonna happen because it can't happen, and because our GM is a gutless twat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    lol First, Bowman doesn't have the ****ing balls. Second, he can't offer sheet Kane unless he signs him to an $8.4million or more a year contract. Not gonna happen because it can't happen, and because our GM is a gutless twat.
    If we traded someone to get a 2nd and a 3rd next year, would those picks be able to be used as compensation if an offer sheet is signed and not matched? Or would we need our original draft picks to use as compensation?

Edit: According to Wikipedia (great source, I know): "Teams may not use draft picks acquired in trades with other teams, but extra acquired draft picks can influence a team's decision to submit an offer sheet."

So, there's no way we can offer sheet Evander Kane unless we traded for our original picks back. I wonder if those picks would still work as compensation or if the rule about traded picks would be applied. Don't get your hopes up on us signing Evander Kane to an offer sheet, because we'd either have to vastly overpay him or try to sign him to a deal he wouldn't agree to. In other words, absolutely no chance we offer sheet him.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 07-21-2012 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Sounds like another first round exit again. If that happens, Q and his lackies will all be fired. Not sure who would be a good head coach for this team if that were to happen.
    And Rocky and McDouche are just fine with it. If Q and his lackeys go, they can take both Bowmans and McDouche with them.

vCash
    We can't offer sheet him, but the Hawks can still deal for Evander Kane, though it completely goes against Stan's history here.

vCash
    Hossa Attended the blackhawks 2012 and he says he's ready to go. so is the car bomb.