Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3562 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25623062346235123552356035613562356335643572361236624062 ... LastLast
Results 53,416 to 53,430 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Anymore rumors out there?? such a slow offseason after Parise and Suter..

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    While I really don't have an opinion on this hire (Seeing as I don't care much about the assistant coach to be honest) I think it is important to look back at Haviland vs Kitchen.

I think people like Haviland and hate Kitchen because of personality. Kitchen is just a creepy looking guy while Haviland had charisma.

At the end of the day, the PK and PP (assistant coaches supposedly) both absolutely sucked last year.

Hoping for some improvements this year.
    While I won't dispute that Kitchen is creepy looking, I haven't liked him since his days in St. Louis. He and his team completely soiled Brett Hull's retirement night, which got him fired immediately after. It isn't that I feel Haviland was a flawless coach by any means, but he had the player's respect, which is worth something.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Anyone else have a feeling that the impending CBA is the hang up on so many of these UFAs and trades? Been so damn slow.
    I honestly dont think so. Most have signed already and Doan is taking forever. Once Doan signs then Semin can sign and after that, whoever is left will sign.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Anymore rumors out there?? such a slow offseason after Parise and Suter..
    The entire offseason has sucked so far. The only good thing is that Nashville/Detroit both got a little worse and our #1 pick in the draft.

Just wait for all the Boo's at the convention coming up.

Most people are counting us out of the Doan sweepstakes at this point. That could be either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you read into that.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

It's a wait and see. Q fired the wrong assistant coach. He sticks with his buddies. His As_ will be on the line next.

Flyers offered Weber 14yr-100Million
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Poile would be wise to let him go for the numbers I'm hearing. Two 1st round picks a year for the next four years could build a solid foundation there. They already lost Suter and word is they were going to trade Weber anyway. Let him go, collect the picks, and re-tool.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Sounds like another first round exit again. If that happens, Q and his lackies will all be fired. Not sure who would be a good head coach for this team if that were to happen.

Exactly, I basically see three options with Weber.

1. He signs a 1 year contract with the Preds. I would be very surprised to see a multi-year deal

2. Weber gets traded

3. Weber signs a HUGE 1 year offer-sheet. I'm talking about $10mil+...hoping that the Preds refuse to match, and if they do it will only be one year until free agency.
    And I was dead wrong! Risky move on Weber's part. He gets paid but might be doing so in Nashville...

To be honest this is great news for Preds fans. It's being reported that the hot is between 7.5 and 8 mill. You werent going to sign Weber for less than that. All they have to do is say the word and he spends the rest of his career in Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Poile would be wise to let him go for the numbers I'm hearing. Two 1st round picks a year for the next four years could build a solid foundation there. They already lost Suter and word is they were going to trade Weber anyway. Let him go, collect the picks, and re-tool.
    Those are likely to be late 1sts. His trade value is much higher than that. Blum and Ellis are already in the NHL. They don't need a full retool IMO. Match and you have a what will be a perennial Norris winner there for his career. You won't find that in the late first round most lilely.

I think it is a good deal for both sides. Nashville will most likely be out of playoff contention losing 2 of the best dmen in the league. With these 4 1st round picks along with their own decent picks, they will definitely be loaded with prospects.

As for Philly, losing a late 1st round pick wont be the worst thing in the world for them. Id say picks 25-50 are pretty much all in the same class anyways. With that being said, if they ever want a 1st round pick in the future, Im sure they can make some sort of trade for one.

The more I look at it, the more this would have made sense for the Hawks. They are a young team with a very solid system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Going out on a limb and say Montador. He was really bad even before the injury. He is going to get it together and be a solid 5th Dman this year.
    He actually wasnt too bad and dont forget, they had him play just about every position except for center and goalie.

Once they leave him as the 5th Dman, he will be more than fine. I just hope they dont play games and play him out of position again.

Does anyone remember what position he was playing when he got his concussion? I hope it wasnt when he was on the 4th line.

Would you guys trade Kyle Beach, Dylan Olsen, Kevin Hayes, and Mark Mcneil for Shea Weber?

Excluding trades and this years draft, those players were all taken in the 1st round and were the actual Blackhawk's picks.

If I can send those 4 on a plane and Shea Weber returns from that plane, Id do it in a heart beat. HELL ILL PACK THEIR BAGS FOR THEM!!!!
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 07-19-2012 at 10:12 AM.