Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    vCash
    1500

    Post Hawks Hire Kings' Kompon as Assistant Coach

    The Chicago Blackhawks hired the Los Angeles Kings' Jamie Kompon as an assistant coach on Tuesday.

    The 45-year-old Kompon will be reunited with Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville and assistant Mike Kitchen, who worked with Kompon with the St. Louis Blues. Kompon was a video coach and later an assistant coach with the Blues from 1997-2006.

    Kompon spent the past six seasons with the Stanley Cup champion Kings as an assistant coach.

    “We are excited to add Jamie as assistant coach and certainly welcome the Stanley Cup pedigree he brings,” Blackhawks vice president and general manager Stan Bowman said in a statement. “He has over 15 years of NHL coaching experience and some obvious familiarity with our staff, having worked under Joel and Mike in St. Louis, which will help our staff and players with the transition.”

    The 1999-2000 Blues, with Quenneville, Kitchen and Kompon on staff, set a franchise-record 113 points and captured the Presidents’ Trophy for the NHL’s best record.

    “Jamie will bring us all the great qualities you look for in a coach, most notably his work ethic and a winning resume,” Quenneville said. “We have a great working relationship, and I am confident he will be a great fit with us here in Chicago.”

    Kompon replaces Mike Haviland, who was fired after the season.

    ESPN
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wrigleyville, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    vCash
    1500
    This is the first move of the offseason I'm happy with.

    Hopefully he can help rectify the special teams problems.
    Mike P. ~~

    Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    vCash
    1500
    Scouting report on Jamie Kompon from someone who would know: "utterly incompetent in handling power play."
    Kuc
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wrigleyville, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Kuc
    Well, thanks for peeing in my cheerios.

    lol
    Mike P. ~~

    Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,747
    vCash
    1500
    Kings went through major scoring droughts and damn near missed the playoffs with this guy running the powerplay. Between he and Kitchen, the Hawks might have the most worthless pair of assistant coaches in the league.

    1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,269
    vCash
    1500
    i really really like this move. and being a noob to all things draft and prospects, i don't see a lot not to like about the draft. as for the lack of headlines, no news is good news, right?
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS




    "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    i really really like this move. and being a noob to all things draft and prospects, i don't see a lot not to like about the draft. as for the lack of headlines, no news is good news, right?
    What's to like? He's another Q lackey. He and Kitchen are going to have the special teams ****ed beyond recognition.

    1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    What's to like? He's another Q lackey. He and Kitchen are going to have the special teams ****ed beyond recognition.
    While I really don't have an opinion on this hire (Seeing as I don't care much about the assistant coach to be honest) I think it is important to look back at Haviland vs Kitchen.

    I think people like Haviland and hate Kitchen because of personality. Kitchen is just a creepy looking guy while Haviland had charisma.

    At the end of the day, the PK and PP (assistant coaches supposedly) both absolutely sucked last year.

    Hoping for some improvements this year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    While I really don't have an opinion on this hire (Seeing as I don't care much about the assistant coach to be honest) I think it is important to look back at Haviland vs Kitchen.

    I think people like Haviland and hate Kitchen because of personality. Kitchen is just a creepy looking guy while Haviland had charisma.

    At the end of the day, the PK and PP (assistant coaches supposedly) both absolutely sucked last year.

    Hoping for some improvements this year.
    While I won't dispute that Kitchen is creepy looking, I haven't liked him since his days in St. Louis. He and his team completely soiled Brett Hull's retirement night, which got him fired immediately after. It isn't that I feel Haviland was a flawless coach by any means, but he had the player's respect, which is worth something.

    1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    19
    vCash
    1500
    It's a wait and see. Q fired the wrong assistant coach. He sticks with his buddies. His As_ will be on the line next.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,768
    vCash
    1500
    Sounds like another first round exit again. If that happens, Q and his lackies will all be fired. Not sure who would be a good head coach for this team if that were to happen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Sounds like another first round exit again. If that happens, Q and his lackies will all be fired. Not sure who would be a good head coach for this team if that were to happen.
    And Rocky and McDouche are just fine with it. If Q and his lackeys go, they can take both Bowmans and McDouche with them.

    1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    And Rocky and McDouche are just fine with it. If Q and his lackeys go, they can take both Bowmans and McDouche with them.
    Not entirely sure Scotty Bowman's done much to get fired, other than hiring his ball-less son as our GM.

    McDonough would be great if he'd just butt out of the hockey part of things. The guy is great at marketing, but for some asinine reason thinks he needs to be involved in the hockey part of things. If Scotty could tell McDonough to keep his nose out of the hockey part of things, then I'd be happy keeping McDonough.

    If we have another first-round exit again, I hope Q, his lackies, and Stan Bowman are all fired, as well as McDonough if he tries to get involved in the hockey part of things. Hire a new GM that's cap-conscious and has a pair of balls, hire a new coach (not sure who), and maybe get a new marketing guy if McDonogh gets fired.

    Having said all that, if we could get a physical 3/4 defenseman and maybe get Jason Arnott for cheap to be our 3rd line center, bumping Bolland up to 2nd line C, I think we could definitely get past the first round with that team, and would probably be serious contenders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •