Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who was in the wrong?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Braves

19 26.39%
  • Furcal/Tellem

53 73.61%
Page 1 of 216 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cubs Become A Player For Derek Lowe

SI.com - With the Cubs out of the Jake Peavy trade talks, they are believed to have turned their attention to Derek Lowe.

Other teams on Lowe's radar appear to include the Braves, Red Sox, Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, and Angels.
    sportsillustrated.com

vCash
    Why would they go after lowe??????they already have a rotation. Zambrano, Harden, Dempster, Lilly, Hill... This is why there should be a salary cap in baseball the brewers cant afford to have three good starters and the cubs need to have 6..... And you guys get all happy when you win the division, you should win it by 30 games every year with the payroll you put out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duddy415 View Post
    Why would they go after lowe??????they already have a rotation. Zambrano, Harden, Dempster, Lilly, Hill... This is why there should be a salary cap in baseball the brewers cant afford to have three good starters and the cubs need to have 6..... And you guys get all happy when you win the division, you should win it by 30 games every year with the payroll you put out.
    Hill? Doubt he sees another inning for the Cubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy
    It wouldn't hurt you to think like a serial killer every onced in a while, just for the sake of prevention

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duddy415 View Post
    I agree with the "they already have a good rotation part".

But they have the money and so be it.

vCash
    I don't know why everyone keeps putting the Red Sox on the "Derek Lowe watch" list, not likely.

Depending on the years/money, Lowe on the Cubs wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

vCash
    Everyone knows Lowe will sign with the Braves...I mean the Dodgers or Yankees

Gone But Not Forgotten

vCash

Playoff System Idea

what if MLB changed around the playoff system so that 6 teams got in the playoffs for each leauge. the 3 division winners. and then add another wild card team. but the 2 teams with the best records get a bye so they can set their rotations so its like a reward for being the best teams. the 2 teams can be from any divisons so if the red sox and yanks have the best records in the AL they both get a bye. regardless of division. but for the teams 3-6 you basicly seed them. so 3 plays 6 and 5 plays 4 with 3 and 4 getting home field advantage. then team 1 that got a bye plays the lowest seeded team to advance. so its kind of like NHL/NBA combined with NFL so you have more teams but you have byes too. thoughts?
    Last edited by GoCubsGo101; 12-19-2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    No. Baseball is one of the few sports with a perfect playoff system. I wouldn't change a thing.

vCash
    Because then about half the teams would make the playoffs, and thats not good

vCash
    Giving a couple teams byes could create a problem. Baseball is an every day sport and the time off could cause a team to lose momentum. Now, the Phillies fared fine with their time off this year between the NLCS and WS, but I don't think this 6 team thing would be an answer. Keep it as it is.
    Last edited by YanksNats1987; 12-19-2008 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    The only change I would make would be to expand the first round into a seven game series

vCash
    I would change it to the NFL system, while restructuring the divisions to 4x4 in each league. But I'm fine with the way it is now

vCash
    They'd be playing baseball til like mid November

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by badkins1121 View Post
    another good point against it. I was at game 5, which was 30 degrees. Granted I could care less, but other cities might care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    No. Baseball is one of the few sports with a perfect playoff system. I wouldn't change a thing.
    I don't think it is perfect any more because no longer is the regular season as significant as long as there is the WC. The other thing is it no longer makes you beat every team in your league like it did back when there were only 2 divisions. It is currently about who is hot at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksNats1987 View Post
    Giving a couple teams byes could create a problem. Baseball is an every day sport and the time off could cause a team to lose momentum.
    agree.

Quote Originally Posted by badkins1121 View Post
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Page 1 of 216 1231151101 ... LastLast