Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Any old blues....

...fans here? Robert Johnson, Bessie Smith, Charley Patton etc?

vCash
    yes

robert johnson, muddy, buddy, albert king, bb, sonny boy williamson... i fux wifff the blues!!!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    the old school of blues is nice. Johnson, muddy and buddy are for sure the ones i would recomend.

On another note just got back from Montreux Jazz, and watched, Chicago Blues a living History, was a fun concert seeing Billy Boy Arnold, John Primer, Carlos Johnson and Lurrie Bell performing was interesting. Better then the Dylan performance before them.

vCash
    Justin Townes Earl

vCash
    **** yes.

John Lee Hooker is probably my favorite of all time, but love Robert Johnson, Lightnin' Hopkins, Muddy, Albert, BB.....I guess I'll throw SRV in here, but not exactly old blues.

vCash
    I'm a big fan of the blues. Some of the guys I listen to regularily include Robert Johnson, Elmore James, Skip James, Leadbelly.

Nice username OP. C.C. Rider is a great blues song.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    yes

robert johnson, muddy, buddy, albert king, bb, sonny boy williamson... i fux wifff the blues!!!
    One of my prized possessions are those 1941 Plantation Recordings of Muddy right there on his front porch at the Stovall Plantation. A must have for any fan of old Delta blues and Muddy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    the old school of blues is nice. Johnson, muddy and buddy are for sure the ones i would recomend.

On another note just got back from Montreux Jazz, and watched, Chicago Blues a living History, was a fun concert seeing Billy Boy Arnold, John Primer, Carlos Johnson and Lurrie Bell performing was interesting. Better then the Dylan performance before them.
    Yep, can't go wrong with those you mentioned.

Dylan a big fan of them old blues. Did a couple Blind Lemon Jefferson/Bukka White coverrs on his debut album. Blind Wilie McTell his favorite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    **** yes.

John Lee Hooker is probably my favorite of all time, but love Robert Johnson, Lightnin' Hopkins, Muddy, Albert, BB.....I guess I'll throw SRV in here, but not exactly old blues.
    Hopkins my favorite post war bluesman, his Hello Central Please Give Me 209...stunning. Hookers pre 1960 stuff-riveting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ray View Post
    I'm a big fan of the blues. Some of the guys I listen to regularily include Robert Johnson, Elmore James, Skip James, Leadbelly.

Nice username OP. C.C. Rider is a great blues song.
    Thank you I think Ma Rainey did the original.

Skip James, talk about a unique sound. His..Hard Time Killin' Floor..wow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Hopkins my favorite post war bluesman, his Hello Central Please Give Me 209...stunning. Hookers pre 1960 stuff-riveting!
    Oh yes. Hooker is my favorite blues voice....love the grizzle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Yep, can't go wrong with those you mentioned.

Dylan a big fan of them old blues. Did a couple Blind Lemon Jefferson/Bukka White coverrs on his debut album. Blind Wilie McTell his favorite.
    allman bros. do a really great cover of this song too

(even in his old age and diminishing health, gregg can still belt those blues)
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Muddy Waters hands down, blues is fun to play on guitar
    "Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."-Bill Hicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Muddy Waters hands down, blues is fun to play on guitar
    indeed! every day for at least an hr i'll play a blues riff, set it to loop, then jam over it with blues scales... my favorite thing to do in the world
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    [QUOTE=Spock;23045475]Muddy Waters hands down, blues is fun to play on guitar[/QUOTE]

amen, these axe killersthat think the faster you play the better you are and lack feeling suck, blues is up there as my fave genre to play on guitar