• 10 years

4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 208 of 257 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black55 View Post
    First off, it wouldn't be a "merger". The CFL would merely be absorbed into the NFL. That being said, it ain't happening! lol. I do think the Bills thing in Toronto is their way of safely feeling things out there, and as soon as their owner passes away it might happen. I would expect to see a team in Canada in the next 5 to 10 years. LA gets a team first! Canada second. 10 years ago i would have said Mexico second, but with all the cartel/security problems down there i now see that as far down the road.
    They haven't sold out 1 game in Toronto with the regular NFL ticket price. Don't see why the NFL would want to come here. LA, your right will get the next team but I disagree with Mexico City, with 25m people I see $ signs in the NFL front office. But you never know what the next 10 years bring. I would rather see the CFL in the Maritimes, London or Quebec City, Ottawa and maybe Victoria. Winnipeg back to the West and we have 12 teams 6 in west and 6 in East.

Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Elliott looked pretty good last night. Hamilton shot themselves in the foot all night, but the Bombers took advantage. Pretty exciting 2nd 1/2.
    Yeah I thought it was pretty exciting, another reason why I've been getting into the league this year. Hamilton just made too many turnovers, and the Simpson/Elliot duo was too much to overcome.

B.C will be tougher to score on. Hope that Elliott has another big game. Don't see the Lions giving it up like the Cats did! I don't think they've given up an offensive TD in the last 2 games!

Well at least the Bombers made a game of it against a pretty tough Defence. But could they not of held on for 30 seconds. Ouch, bad D on last drive. Tough loss, see little hope them making the play offs.

Lapolice fired. With all the changes made, can't say I'm surprised. But not crazy with the Defence so don't know how long they should keep Burke running the team.

Actually I like the looks of the new staduim. But what I really like is that they are putting in place the needed strucures that make it dome ready should they decide in future to put one up.
    Wonder if Bombers ever thought of that. Good on you Riders!

CFL Teams listed in Forums menu

I have seen that getting any action from CFL posters is really tough. Just wondering if it would make it more appealling if on the Forum menu they listed each CFL team just like they list every NFL team. Then you could go to your team and make specific comments that isn't available now unless you start a new thread.
    Just trying to see how we can get more people involved.

Any thoughts from anyone?

I guess I was wrong. Had some hits but no comments. I guess it wouldn't matter if they listed the teams or not!

Yeah I'm surprised how unpopular CFL is on PSD. I only follow the game replays on ESPN3 mostly, but I figured there would be more chatter in here. I mean, the fact there isn't even a SEASON discussion thread really says something.

Right now they wouldn't bother doing that. Best option might be to make a thread for each team and sticky it. When I first came on here this forum had only a hanful of threads that were mostly started by americans putting the league down. It got fairly busy and at one point there were about a dozen regular posters with atleast one fan for each team.

The original plan for the Bombers stadium was going to either have a dome or be able to be changed to one but I think the plans changed for various reasons.

I'll have to take a look at the proposed plans for the new Rider stadium.

Goona give that a try. Just seems there is either little interest, or that some don't know where to put their comments as the Thread options are all over the place. Maybe giving people a place to talk of their own teams plus jump to other teams and talk there, we can get more people put in thier comments. Plus maybe putting up a Season Game Thread would help giving everyone a place to comment on the games.
    Can't hurt.

B.C. Fan Chat

Football Forum

Edmonton Fan Chat

Football Forum

Calgary Fan Chat

Football Forum