Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Saskatchewan Fan Chat

Heard today the Riders are building a new 33,000 seat staduim. Whats with the 33,000 number, same as Winnipeg. Both cities will fill that every game, do they not think thier cities will grow in pop. over the next 30 or 40 years that these staduims will be used. Where you putting new fans. Teams and cities got to think ahead and anything less than 35 or 36,000 seems silly and will be silly 10 years from now when theres no room for new fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Heard today the Riders are building a new 33,000 seat staduim. Whats with the 33,000 number, same as Winnipeg. Both cities will fill that every game, do they not think thier cities will grow in pop. over the next 30 or 40 years that these staduims will be used. Where you putting new fans. Teams and cities got to think ahead and anything less than 35 or 36,000 seems silly and will be silly 10 years from now when theres no room for new fans.
    One of the main things that helps a team have sellouts and be a desireable outing is the lack of tickets. You make a stadium too big and don't sellout the games it starts to take away and attendance starts to decline.

Look at how the Alouettes used to be in Olympic Stadium, could barely sell 10,000 tickets. Move them into a 20,000 seat stadium and there is a better atmosphere and they are sold out every game with waiting lists.

Toronto has troubles selling 10-12 thousand tickets. I guarentee that if they had taken the offer to go in with TFC a few years ago on the 20-24 thousand seat stadium they would be better off right now.

Edmonton is having the same troubles with Commonwealth. They used to be sold out all the time 20 years ago but its just way too big of a stadium for them.

The Riders and the Bombers are in smaller markets then all of these, to go any bigger then they are could be a huge disaster for them.

vCash
    ^ not thinking of the present but in years to come when the pop. grows and new fans want to go to the games and there's no place to put them. These staduims will be used for 30 or 40 years. Just thinking ahead. 33,000 is fine now, but I hope that the ability to expand to more seats in the future if needed is built into the plans for each staduim.

vCash
    ^ not thinking of the present but in years to come when the pop. grows and new fans want to go to the games and there's no place to put them. These staduims will be used for 30 or 40 years. Just thinking ahead. 33,000 is fine now, but I hope that the ability to expand to more seats in the future if needed is built into the plans for each staduim.
    There are 5 cities that are larger then Winnipeg now and larger then Winnipeg will get in the next 30-40 years. None of those teams need anymore then 33,000 seats. Why would the Bombers or Riders?

vCash
    I hear what your saying, and you maybe right, but I did say that IF the pop. grows and there are more fans to accomodate that increaseing the number of seats may be needed. These are staduims that are a bowl, so when big games are on and the demand is high you can't just throw up temp. to get that extra 1000 in. I hope that in years to come that there are provisions in the plans to expand IF the demand warrants. I believe winnipeg has the ability to add seats up to 42000 for grey cups. I just realized that which makes my statements moot. I would think Sask. would have the same provisions in their plans.Which again makes my comments moot.
    So on to the next subject.

At least we are getting some conversations going on here. Wish we had more players
    Last edited by wagnall; 07-19-2012 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    I hear what your saying, and you maybe right, but I did say that IF the pop. grows and there are more fans to accomodate that increaseing the number of seats may be needed. These are staduims that are a bowl, so when big games are on and the demand is high you can't just throw up temp. to get that extra 1000 in. I hope that in years to come that there are provisions in the plans to expand IF the demand warrants. I believe winnipeg has the ability to add seats up to 42000 for grey cups. I just realized that which makes my statements moot. I would think Sask. would have the same provisions in their plans.Which again makes my comments moot.
    So on to the next subject.

At least we are getting some conversations going on here. Wish we had more players
    Used to have more people in here but eventually the conversation fell to weekly game threads where everyone would guess the winners and actual discussion disappeared.

vCash
    Actually I like the looks of the new staduim. But what I really like is that they are putting in place the needed strucures that make it dome ready should they decide in future to put one up.
    Wonder if Bombers ever thought of that. Good on you Riders!

vCash
    The original plan for the Bombers stadium was going to either have a dome or be able to be changed to one but I think the plans changed for various reasons.

I'll have to take a look at the proposed plans for the new Rider stadium.

vCash

Saskatchewan Fan Chat

Football Forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    The original plan for the Bombers stadium was going to either have a dome or be able to be changed to one but I think the plans changed for various reasons.

I'll have to take a look at the proposed plans for the new Rider stadium.
    So what did you think of the staduim plans?

vCash
    So what did you think of the staduim plans?
    Looked it up a few times and haven't been able to find anything. Plenty of articles but nothing showing what its supposed to look like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Looked it up a few times and haven't been able to find anything. Plenty of articles but nothing showing what its supposed to look like.
    Google - Reginas proposed new football staduim, then scroll down about 6 entries and you'll find the Images for staduim, shows all the pictures. Looks nice.

vCash

vCash
    Hows the Staduim coming along. Has shovels hit the ground and when is the openning?

vCash
    Hope the party is on even in the cold, but good things heard about the weather for Sunday.