Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    doesnt need to be a great lenght of time.

just 4 full healthy months between april and august for the next 4 years = 8 G.s
    Being healthy is only 1 piece of the puzzle. The draw itself is challenging despite being healthy.

vCash
    They actually had a decent discussion about this on firsttake (believe it or not) and made an excellent point.

That they should not have Tennis in the Olympics because Tennis has pinnacles outside the Olympics such as Wimbledon, US Open, French Open Australian Open, and winning the slams are much more significant to the tennis players than winning the medal.

For example, look at the past gold medals winners in tennis, Andy Murray has no grand slam title. 2004 Nicolas Massu won the gold and the best he finished was 4 runner up in the US Open, before him in 2000, Yevgeny Kafelnikov and he only had 2 grand slam titles.

Guys like Federer and Djokovic, just do not take it as seriously. Federer has been eliminated in the first round or 2nd round in most of those tournaments. It's not because the guys that beat him are better, it's cause to him it doesn't hold the same value as a grand slam title. He didn't prepare as hard.

But anyways congrats to Murray, I'm not sure how happy he is about this, but hopefully he wins a grand slam.

vCash
    thats ******** federer and djokovic dont take this seriously. federer has been talking about this for while. djokovic is always motivated playing for serbia. he got injured during 2011 davis cup. just because novak and fed didnt win, doesnt make it pointless.

andy murray is the 4th ranked player and has been to 4 slam finals. kafelnikov won 2 slams and is former no 1. massu is the exception only exception. under your logic if fed, rafa, or novak doesnt win it then its a waste. they cant win everything.

I understand the slams are the highest accomplishment in tennis. so should we ignore everything else. master series are worth something, davis cup is meaningful.

vCash
    I will say I think Roger and Djokovic plays harder for Grand Slams than the Olympics IMO.

vCash
    Yea that's what I think as well.

They don't try as hard for the Olympics. Federer should have won a gold by now if he tried. He's got a gold in doubles. I'm not sure he wins in 2008 cause Nadal won. But in 2004, he really should have won it that year. Look at the top 3 guys in 2004, none of them have a grand slam title. 2008 Federer loses to some nobody called James Blake in the opening round. If that was Wimbledon, Federer crushes James Blake.

He participates because he feels he has to for his country. He's ranked and they need someone from Switzerland so he joins.

There is no way you can convince me that he trains, prepares and tries as hard for the Olympics as he does for Wimbledon. There is no way.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345