Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

PSD League Important Links/Getting Started

This will serve as both a reference for current GMs, and a place for new GMs to get everything they need to start out.

First, check the GM list thread here to see which teams are open and indicate that you are interested in joining. Then send a PM to both of the league commissioners (myself and Randyrocks77) to notify us of your interest. We will speak with you and let you choose your team, then assist you with getting set up.

To look at the teams before choosing one, check the league website to see the rosters here:
    http://www.redraftleague.com/game/lg..._100_home.html

Once you join, you can use the league site as a point of reference and post lineup changes in the subforum for lineup changes if you don't own the game, which is here. Check the rule book for the correct format for posting lineup changes. The rule book is here. Also notice the sections of the rule book that specify the limits for lineup changes, and other things for anyone that doesn't own the game.

We use OOTP X in this league. If you have a Mac, it will not work. Also, if you have a newer version of OOTP, it will not work. You do not have to own the game to be a part of the league, but you will have a much easier time managing your team. We offer to make changes on behalf of GMs that don't own the game but we put limitations on it so it doesn't take up too much time. When you own the game there is a much much more extensive pool of data available to you about your organization as well as a vast number of advanced options you can set up. If you need a copy of the installer for the game, I have one and I can post it somewhere online for you to download. A license can be purchased in the game once it is installed. The license is only $20.

To download our league file, go here.

Instructions for extracting the file are posted below.

If you have any questions, see Randy or myself. Also, you can post questions in the Season Chat thread and one of the GMs will likely be able to help you out.
    Last edited by azazel529; 07-30-2013 at 10:51 AM.

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.

vCash
    Long overdue, but here are instructions for downloading and extracting the league file so you can use it in the game. These will work for Windows 7 or Vista. It is possible to get it to work on XP but the process is a little different. I have no idea about Windows 8 because I haven't used it yet and don't know how the new user interface changes this process, but I believe the file structure is the same as Windows 7. So chances are as long as you are computer literate you can probably follow these same instructions for Windows 8 and make a tweak here and there to point to the right place.

First thing, you'll need a program that can extract the file after you download it because the file is an archive file. Essentially, it is all of the files for our league bundled up and compressed in to one single file so it can be downloaded easier. Therefore, once it's downloaded it has to be unarchived and turned back in to all of those single files and folders. For myself, I use a free version of something called WinRAR that I got from download.com but I'm sure there are other programs that will work fine. The format is .gz or “tar” format, so any archiving program that's compatible with that format will work.

Anyway, you'll start by creating a folder for the league files. Open up Windows Explorer or your “Computer” icon on your Start Menu. Then on the left side under Libraries, click Documents, then Out of the Park Developments, then OOTP Baseball 10, then saved_games. You're going to create your new folder inside the saved_games folder. At the top of the window click New Folder, and then you can name it just about anything you want as long as it ends in .lg. It absolutely has to have .lg at the end of the name or the game won't recognize it and list it as an option when you try to load a saved game. Whatever name you give it is how it's going to show up in your saved games list in the game. For mine, I just named it PSD.lg to keep it simple.

Now that you have the folder created, you can download the file from the link we have posted and MAKE SURE you save it to the .lg folder you just created inside the saved_games folder. Once you have it downloaded and saved in that folder, go in that folder and you should see PSDOOTP.lg.tar.gz. Depending on what program you chose for unarchiving, you should be able to right click the league file and choose “Extract here” from the menu it gives you. Once it finishes extracting the archived files, you have the league ready to go. You can launch the game and click Load Game and then choose our league from the list. Speak to Randy or I ahead of time to have a password set up so you'll be able to log in to your team. Also, when you load the league for the very first time it wouldn't be a bad idea to run a file update just in case. To do this you'll go to the main Manager Home page in the game, and click "Check for updated League Files" in the game. Click OK on the prompt that comes up, and the game will do the rest for you.

If you have trouble with any part of this process go ahead and post it in the Season Chat thread to see if one of the GMs can help you, but also shoot me a PM and I'll help you with it when I'm free.
    Last edited by azazel529; 07-30-2013 at 10:57 AM.

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.