Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    100 plus rating and how many playoff victories?
    Playoff victories and snap handling.

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Playoff victories and snap handling.
    I know its not all about post season, I just dont get all the love. Thats all.

Should he be a starter? Absolutely. Is he a top ten QB. Nope.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    Among quarterbacks, call me a homer if you want but I expect Sam Bradford to take a big leap in the rankings. The Rams had a very underrated off-season and they have the players and personnel to get it done. Bradford MAY finally have the weapons to allow this to happen because his potential is definitely up there.

Matt Ryan, given the added support, may have a chance to have his best season.
    Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, Mike Vick, Luck/RGIII, Cam Newton, Joe Flacco, Matt Schuab and Andy Dalton all have high expectation as well and can either have a big season or let down.

We'll see who rises.
    Last edited by STL Don; 07-29-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Don View Post
    Among quarterbacks, call me a homer if you want but I expect Sam Bradford to take a big leap in the rankings.
    I could see that happening. I dont' believe Bradford has taken a beating to become the next David Carr. Fisher is a good coach and that team does have talent. A little light on depth but they do have some unlike others years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Funny how Freeman was ranked so high last year at this time by the fantasy fans.

1) Brady - he still got to the bowl and if not for Eli, he would have two more rings
    2) Rodgers - Aikman like accuracy.
    3) Drew Brees - showed a lot against that 49ers team outside
    4) Peyton Manning (although it should be interesting outside a dome more often)
    5) Eli Manning - some might read a defense as well but none better, especially when the game becomes chaotic, the guy is cool.
    6) Ben Roethlisberger - craziest style ever. Actually welcomes hits, waits for coverage to break down and delivers strikes. Somehow, it works

the rest

7) Matt Schuab - maybe a little high but got hurt the year he could have stepped out from Peyton's shadow in that division
    8) Matt Ryan - Matty ice is pretty cool under pressure
    9) Matt Stafford - rule changes have helped this type of QB a lot. He's good but really benefiting from poor defensive opponents, a dome and great receivers.
    10) Tony Romo - always has great receivers and great weapons. Melts in the biggest spots. Why does he claim to play gold, tennis and Bowl so he can get used to pressure situations? Unreal
    11) Philip Rivers - dink, dunk, dink, dunk and feasted of inept defenses out of the West for years. Greatly benefited from all world Tomlinson and Gates. Has a lot to prove
    12) Michael Vick - after check one, he looks at the DL as opposed to safeties. Perhaps the best athlete ever at QB but won't stay healthy b/c he takes too many hits.
    13) Jay Cutler - tough to evaluate a guy that has no OL. I think he's better than people think. Certainly can steal a playoff game from anybody with that arm so long as he's not on his back.

Looking forward to Bradford this season. Could see him moving and replacing any from 9 to 13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I hate the cowboys and romo,but his play and stats are pretty good. Plus his ceiling is high and he hasn't hit it. Romo can be easily ranked higher than Ben and Eli is he would have some post season success
    Easily? I don't think easily but he could def be the 3rd or 4th best QB in the NFL if he just shows up.

Yeah his faults are magnified more than say, a QB playing in Kansas City but if you wanna play under the brightest lights you gotta deliver in the post-season.

vCash
    With 4 first round picks in the next two years, the Rams should get a lot better.

vCash
    i'm feeling option 3, namely because matty-ice is way to high on all of them. cutler will have the better year there....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I was just using Leaf as an example of a highly coveted player who didn't amount to squat.
    Of which neither Luck or Griffin have any comparison to other than being highly coveted, neither are headcases or immature like Leaf was. And at this moment, there are a number of QBs I would take Luck over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Of which neither Luck or Griffin have any comparison to other than being highly coveted, neither are headcases or immature like Leaf was...
    And you know that how?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Don View Post
    Among quarterbacks, call me a homer if you want but I expect Sam Bradford to take a big leap in the rankings. The Rams had a very underrated off-season and they have the players and personnel to get it done. Bradford MAY finally have the weapons to allow this to happen because his potential is definitely up there.

I certainly hope so, he threw 6 TD's last year so there isnt much lower he can go.

vCash
    Funny how Freeman was ranked so high last year at this time by the fantasy fans.

1) Brady - he still got to the bowl and if not for Eli, he would have two more rings
    5) Eli Manning - some might read a defense as well but none better, especially when the game becomes chaotic, the guy is cool.
    6) Ben Roethlisberger - craziest style ever. Actually welcomes hits, waits for coverage to break down and delivers strikes. Somehow, it works

the rest

7) Matt Schuab - maybe a little high but got hurt the year he could have stepped out from Peyton's shadow in that division
    9) Matt Stafford - rule changes have helped this type of QB a lot. He's good but really benefiting from poor defensive opponents, a dome and great receivers.
    10) Tony Romo - always has great receivers and great weapons. Melts in the biggest spots. Why does he claim to play gold, tennis and Bowl so he can get used to pressure situations? Unreal
    11) Philip Rivers - dink, dunk, dink, dunk and feasted of inept defenses out of the West for years. Greatly benefited from all world Tomlinson and Gates. Has a lot to prove
    12) Michael Vick - after check one, he looks at the DL as opposed to safeties. Perhaps the best athlete ever at QB but won't stay healthy b/c he takes too many hits.
    13) Jay Cutler - tough to evaluate a guy that has no OL. I think he's better than people think. Certainly can steal a playoff game from anybody with that arm so long as he's not on his back.
    I'm sorry but this is the most blown out of thing that is always said about Romo. Dez Bryant is the only 1st round receiver he has ever had to throw to (Felix Jones is the only other 1st round skill position player). Until recently, Cowboys ALWAYS went defense heavy in the first few rounds.

Miles is undrafted
    Ogletree is undrafted
    Witten is a 3rd rounder
    Robinson was a 3rd round pick (who hasn't done anything outside of Dallas)
    Patrick Crayton was a 7th round pick
    Sam Hurd was undrafted
    T.O. was just passing his prime and his numbers took a huge hit playing in Buffalo and Cinci.

I can list other guys he's thrown to over the years that have the same backgrounds. Tony Romo is a big reason to the success of a lot of the players around him, not the other way around

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash

the rest

What a surprise. Another poster claiming things about rivers and they obviously didn't bother to do any research. Rivers from 08-2011 had one season where he wasn't 8th or higher in percentage of deep balls thrown. Then this theory he tested on weak defenses in the west. Yet for his career, statistically speaking, someof his worst stats re against the west. Then the theory he's only good because of teammates. So please explain 2010. Gates played 10 games and if I recall had a banged up ankle the whole season. Jackson played 5 games. And by then LT was gone. Yet he still had a great season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    I'm sorry but this is the most blown out of thing that is always said about Romo. Dez Bryant is the only 1st round receiver he has ever had to throw to (Felix Jones is the only other 1st round skill position player). Until recently, Cowboys ALWAYS went defense heavy in the first few rounds.

Miles is undrafted
    Ogletree is undrafted
    Witten is a 3rd rounder
    Robinson was a 3rd round pick (who hasn't done anything outside of Dallas)
    Patrick Crayton was a 7th round pick
    Sam Hurd was undrafted
    T.O. was just passing his prime and his numbers took a huge hit playing in Buffalo and Cinci.

I can list other guys he's thrown to over the years that have the same backgrounds. Tony Romo is a big reason to the success of a lot of the players around him, not the other way around
    Yea but he overthrew Austin in the giants game last year. He's the sole reason they missed the playoffs and lost that game. It had nothing to do with the defense giving up 14 points in a matter of a couple of minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Yea but he overthrew Austin in the giants game last year. He's the sole reason they missed the playoffs and lost that game. It had nothing to do with the defense giving up 14 points in a matter of a couple of minutes.
    What if the rest of the team played better early? He isn't the sole reason. The Cowboys lost because the Giants outplayed them. They never should have been in that situation, but they were and therefore the team lost the game.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast