Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thats a great deal for CBJ, not as good as they wanted but it's a heck of alot more then i would have given for him. I'm willing to bet that all other teams wouldn't have met that price, and i think Bobby Ryan kinda drove down Nash's price.

Mac is not on dubi's level, and we don't have a player like him. they only player i think would have that value is Kulemin, which is a no go for me.

CBJ has 3 1st round picks next year, and each is very valuable in that deep draft. If they rumours are true, they could easily use the LA and NYR picks and package each of them seperately and get Luongo + Bouwmeester which would make them a very interesting team next year. Money won't be an issue because they have a lot of revenue coming to them next year because of the All-Star game.

This is a far cry from what they wanted for Nash but it's not a steal for NYR. Erixon could be a top-4 is he gets his head on right, Dubinsky is a very gifted player with leadership qualities. Anisimov has skill but is kinda "meh" in this deal, and the first (even at 25-30) will be like a 15-20 (in terms of value) in this draft.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 07-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Even if CBJ holds onto those picks then they will get 3 quality players even if they have a "mediocre" draft

vCash
    Rick Nash, who is past his prime and wildly overpaid on a longterm deal, is now a New York Ranger. So, enjoy him in a few years, Habs fans," wrote the Twitter account Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Thats a great deal for CBJ, not as good as they wanted but it's a heck of alot more then i would have given for him. I'm willing to bet that all other teams wouldn't have met that price, and i think Bobby Ryan kinda drove down Nash's price.

Mac is not on dubi's level, and we don't have a player like him. they only player i think would have that value is Kulemin, which is a no go for me.

CBJ has 3 1st round picks next year, and each is very valuable in that deep draft. If they rumours are true, they could easily use the LA and NYR picks and package each of them seperately and get Luongo + Bouwmeester which would make them a very interesting team next year. Money won't be an issue because they have a lot of revenue coming to them next year because of the All-Star game.

This is a far cry from what they wanted for Nash but it's not a steal for NYR. Erixon could be a top-4 is he gets his head on right, Dubinsky is a very gifted player with leadership qualities. Anisimov has skill but is kinda "meh" in this deal, and the first (even at 25-30) will be like a 15-20 (in terms of value) in this draft.

You actually like this trade? How does it make Columbus any better...? They literally matched the cap space in return getting Dubinsky who is being paid 4.2 and Anisimov at 1.8... then Erixson at 1.8 and a 1st.

Dubinsky is not going to help out Columbus. He was a total ghost last season on a team where Richards came in and I believed his stats would go up they were horrid. He's overpaid.

Anisimov is the only somewhat decent piece but he is nothing compared to a solid top 6 guy.

Erixon is an OK prospect at best, he didn't have an impact with NY last year at all, and the worst is that the 1st rounder will not be a good one.

I really don't like it. If Stepan and or Kreider was included then I would be saying good deal for Columbus.. but they weren't. That's so huge for NY you have no idea.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke2; 07-23-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    While I do agree Nash is not a franchise type player, he is definitely defintely going to score 30 goals with that team. Playing guys like Gaborik, Stepan, Richards and D men like Del Zotto (who had a career year) Staal and Girardi you can bet they are all going to have solid seasons.

Gaborik and Nash? That's lethal. Yes Gaborik is streaky and yes he disappears at times but this could be a huge help. Kreider is going to be a great player for them as well.

A top 6 of Nash, Gaborik, Richards, Stepan, Callahan, and even Kreider is huge.

Not to mention the size... Boyle and Nash and Marc Staal. That's a deep team man. And Lundqvist in net? Stanley Cup Contenders IMO.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Also just another note on a different topic, Dreger was tweeting that he thinks and has been hearing from other GM's that Nashville may not be able to match that Philly contract for Weber.

He went on to say that in compensation if and when they receive the 4 1st round picks, they would need players for their roster. Dreger said that they may ask teams for players in return for their first round picks (since they would have 4)

Could the Leafs talk to Nashville about a potential deal? I don't think so but it's still interesting. Poor Nashville, how pissed is Pekka Rinne right now?

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Suter is replaceable. Weber isn't. Nashville is in trouble right now but if they swing some sort of deal with Philly to trade back the 1st rounders for some players they might be alright. They've got money to spend but no one to spend it on right now. Luckily they never depended on stars up front to get the job done so they'll still be respectable next season based on team play.

vCash
    I like the trade for CBJ but don't love it. I think ppl are stunned at the return because they actually thought the "rumoured" price was the realistic price.

Kreider and a 1st would have been fair for Nash (all things considered) but the fact that they got Dubi, Erixon, and a 1st makes me like this deal. It also tells me how little other teams wanted to pay. Bos, SJS, and Philly could have easily beat this and not lose a step but since Ryan became somewhat available they may as well just go after him.

CBJ was never going to get a top spec for Nash, and if they turn that first into a player thats above average i think CBJ wins this deal long-term if they can keep all there peices together.

They got a bit younger and spread the talent around the rink IMO. I think NYR wins short term but long-term i think CBJ did well.

If we had Nash and that was offered i would gladly take that.

vCash
    I bet a Franson + Mac for one of the Philly firsts + (from NASH) could be worked out. I wouln't hate that deal. I dont see them shedding money but i think they'd be interested in Komi's front-loaded deal,

Mac and Komi for a philly 1st. lmao. i'm dreaming

vCash
    Nashville needs players, not just picks. So Burke should be on the phone with them talking about what it would take to acquire on of those 1st rounders assuming they don't pony up with Weber.

vCash
    Does this not lower the package price for Luongo?

Or make it more realistic I should say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsjaysleafs View Post
    Does this not lower the package price for Luongo?

Or make it more realistic I should say
    not really.

Nash = better chance at playoffs
    Luongo = Playoffs

His price is still low but i doubt the Nash deal affects him all that much. But i think it's interesting to wonder if the Jackets make a pitch for him. If they did that then i think they would have an interesting team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    Nashville needs players, not just picks. So Burke should be on the phone with them talking about what it would take to acquire on of those 1st rounders assuming they don't pony up with Weber.
    I hope he can get the 2013 pick (if a deal was to be worked out) but i have a feeling it would be much later (like 2015).

vCash
    Nash's agent says that 3 ppl knew the teams on the list. His son, Rick, and himself. The reports that stated teams were on/not on the list were all false.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Nash's agent says that 3 ppl knew the teams on the list. His son, Rick, and himself. The reports that stated teams were on/not on the list were all false.
    That doesn't surprise me.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast