Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    The reasons I'd look to move Kessel is because of his value. Like you said he is young and put up some good numbers. He's on a decent contract too. I just don't like the way he plays only one end of the rink. I would love to move him for a guy like O'Reilly (would have to be more added to the deal from the Avs). O'Reilly is a 21 year old who is coming off a breakout season and has already played 3 full years in the NHL. He might max out as a 25 goal 50 assist player, but he plays both ends of the rink and would be a great 2nd line center on a contender. The Leafs are really weak down the middle and acquiring O'Reilly would be a step in the right direction.

vCash
    That's fair and i respect that view but trading Kessel for that would just look even worse for us. There are many other ways for us to aquire a guy like O'Reilly or better. There are many players i would trade Kessel for but he is not one of them. I really can't see a Kessel trade unless we rip off some team.

I would look to move Gardiner, his concussion is starting to worry me a bit.

EDIT: or if Nonis can't get him to sign an extension, then you have to get what you can for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    OMG

How does JVR make it easier to trade Kessel, 20 goal scorer for a 37 goal scorer. Even if Kessel never improves on defence the guy is worth more than O'Reilly. Even if you argument is that JVR can hit 40, why not keep both when they are 25 and under.

Lupul, Kessel, JVR, and Kulemin are young and very talented why even... just wow

I know you guys hate the Kessel deal and may even hate Kessel himself but this guy has wayy more value than a guy like O'Reilly. Trading him for that would be a joke.

Just draft properly, and get what you can for pieces that are expendable: Kadri, Frattin, Colborne, and if it comes to it Gardiner. Keep the first this year and you will find a potential top-line centre. If the leafs are in the playoff hunt then trade it but hold it until then.
    Like Lavy said. Nobody suggested a straight up swap. Colorado would have to add to the deal. I don't hate Kessel at all. We just have some pretty good wingers but outside of goaltending our problem down the middle is in dire straights. End of the day this is all fantasy land talk anyways.

vCash
    That's fair and i respect that view but trading Kessel for that would just look even worse for us. There are many other ways for us to aquire a guy like O'Reilly or better. There are many players i would trade Kessel for but he is not one of them. I really can't see a Kessel trade unless we rip off some team.

I would look to move Gardiner, his concussion is starting to worry me a bit.

EDIT: or if Nonis can't get him to sign an extension, then you have to get what you can for him.
    If you know how to pull this off, you should have been a GM years ago. It takes talent to get talent and a lot of people don't realize that. I get sick of hearing people come up with trades that include a bunch of spare parts from the Leafs for Crosby and Malkin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    If you know how to pull this off, you should have been a GM years ago. It takes talent to get talent and a lot of people don't realize that. I get sick of hearing people come up with trades that include a bunch of spare parts from the Leafs for Crosby and Malkin.
    of course it takes talent to get talent. O'Reilly isn't Crosby or Malkin and he sure a hell isn't worth Kessel.

vCash
    of course it takes talent to get talent. O'Reilly isn't Crosby or Malkin and he sure a hell isn't worth Kessel.
    I'd trade Kessel for O'Reilly and O'Brien like I said before. The Leafs get a 21 year old center that plays both ends of the rink and a big stay at home d-man (cap hit of $2.0 till 2014-15) who turns 30 this year.

vCash
    I know but you don`t have to sacrifice Kessel to get that. I just find it hard to believe Nonis would move Kessel for a package like that, it could happen but i wouldn`t do it.

Bozak and Kadri for O`Reilly, and if that isn`t enough i would give Gardiner too. I don`t want to trade Gardiner but i could stomach that package way easier than Kessel.

If they wanted to attach a COL 1st round pick, maybe something could be worked out but if O`Reilly is the only main piece i would nix that deal. O`Brien is alright but isn`t enough to make up for that gap IMO.

vCash
    You don`t trade a young sniper unless you are really "wowed" by a deal, and that deal just doesn`t wow me.

vCash
    Looks like we both place a different value on Kessel. His value diminishes for me because I think he's a one trick pony. If he isn't scoring he isn't doing anything. A player like O'Reilly is the exact opposite. He doesn't take a shift off and plays both ends of the rink equally hard. He kills penalties with the best of them too. To me that is more valueable than a winger who floats. Shane O'Brien is the exact kind of defenceman the Leafs are in need of. My only issue is his age (29) and the Leafs won't be competitive for 3-4 years if they rebuild properly.

vCash
    O`Reilly would be nice but Kessel was a top-10 (i forget) scorer last season. He can literally change a game with his speed. I don`t deny the one-trick pony thing but his one-trick is among the best in the league with other top pony`s.

vCash
    My neighbours daughter wants a pony for her birthday.

vCash
    I think we could land O`Reilly for a Bozak and Kadri and a 3rd. Bozak put up similar numbers so they would lose offensive production and to make up for the downgrade potential-wise they can have Kadri for the wing.

Not necessarily about Ryan or Kessel but I wonder if the league would allow a sign and trade. Allow the Leafs to keep some cash to sweeten the pot on a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    My neighbours daughter wants a pony for her birthday.
    is she smart enough to know the difference between a hamster and a pony... if so i know what i would do

vCash
    I don't really know how to answere that one.. haha. Let me guess you'd pick the hamster? Hahah jk.

vCash
    O`Reilly would be nice but Kessel was a top-10 (i forget) scorer last season. He can literally change a game with his speed. I don`t deny the one-trick pony thing but his one-trick is among the best in the league with other top pony`s.
    Kessel has a cap hit of $5.4 and I think the Leafs could lock up O'Reilly long term for $17 million over 4 years ($4.25 cap hit) and he would still be an RFA for one year once that contract was up. He is still under team control for a year. I'd still look to tinker with the trade some more, but I would try hard to acquire him if he's available

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast