Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

General Discussions - not thread worthy

A lot of the threads have been getting a bit off topic lately (I'm probably leading the charge in the majority of them). I thought I would create this thread so we can discuss things that might not be thread worthy, but interesting to some. I'll start it off...

Anyone seen who the Jets have projected to be on their 3rd line this year??? Ponikarovsky, Wellwood and Antropov!!! Wonder if they have put out a call to Bryan McCabe yet?

vCash
    Hell Tucker is still getting paid, he should come back for another paycheque, bring back Corson too! They can share wives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    Hell Tucker is still getting paid, he should come back for another paycheque, bring back Corson too! They can share wives.
    Isn't Tucker's wife Corson's sister???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Isn't Tucker's wife Corson's sister???
    lol yes, Corson just loves taking other peoples wives, oh the irony in that

vCash
    Isn't this what OT thread is for?

vCash
    Are you saying corson slept with his sister...

vCash
    I have a friend in TO, or well used to be around TO. Kinda fell outta touch with the guy over the years after I moved from there. But anyways, he used to work at a golf course outside of TO during the Tucker, Corson, Roberts Leafs era. One day in the summer the Leafs were hosting a golf tournament there and apparently they had to kick Tucker, Corson and Green off of the golf course. Boys got so loaded they got caught by the course marshall pissing in the bunker. I would laughed my *** off if I hadda seen that.

vCash
    Buh durka duuuuur

vCash
    He maybe you guys can help me with something I heard.

Apparently Mogilny almost got into a fight with another leaf after they were eliminated in the semis against Carolina in 01-02. Anybody know who and why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post

Apparently Mogilny almost got into a fight with another leaf after they were eliminated in the semis against Carolina in 01-02. Anybody know who and why?
    Didn't he hit on a teamates wife? i think it was roberts or something. I remember hearing something wacky like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Didn't he hit on a teamates wife? i think it was roberts or something. I remember hearing something wacky like that.
    lol dude I just pretty much answered it earlier in the thread. Corson slept with her...

vCash
    I know Mogilny wasn't a huge fan of Tucker. I remember one playoff game when the Leafs were getting penalty after penalty that Tucker put the white towel on his stick and held it up like Roger Neilson. Mogilny quickly grabbed the towel off of Tuckers stick and shot him an awful awful dirty stare. That being said I don't think Mogilny would have a leg to stand on if he ever fought Tucker lol. Mogilny was a class act though I'll give him that. When we got into those game 7's with Ottawa and the Islanders in that blood bath series Mogilny was the guy scoring HUGE goals for us.

vCash

Corson had an affair with Alex Mogilny's wife. The only facts that were offered to back this up were that Mogilny left the team due to "personal reasons" for a short while. When Almo returned to the lineup Shayne Corson was out and banished to the press box before he ultimately "quit" the team. There was no official reasoning behind Quinn's decision to sit one his most effective playoff warriors he had. However, if this story is in fact true, a theory would suggest that Quinn was able to persuade Mogilny to come back by assuring him that Corson would not be around. It was obvious that Corson was no longer wanted by the organization. Quinn sat him and took all the heat for it rather then making the situation public and embarassing Mogilny. At the end of the day, Mogilny is much more important then Corson, which would be a reason that Corson was basically sacrificed. Sounds like an episode of Days Of Our Lives, but this was the story I was told. I have nothing to cement it as fact so I am asking anyone esle if they know what really happened.
    http://www.spike.com/articles/6zdm7g...ted-each-other

Pretty interesting story. I read about it a while ago but didn't think it was true.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash

It was something about a plane ticket. He had his plane ticket for Russia already bought and paid for going into the previous game where they fought off elimination and it fell out of his bag or something.

I think it was Domi. But I don't remember.

vCash
    Going back a bit...the Leafs traded Al "Wild Thing" Iafrate because he had an affair with Gary Leemans wife...a few years later Leeman was part of a package for Doug Gilmour

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast