Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Source: Condoleezza Rice frontrunner for VP

**Exclusive**

Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, 'Meet The VP' -- just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal.

And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!

The timing of the announcement is now set for 'coming weeks'.

MORE

It was Condi who received two standing ovations at Romney's Utah retreat a few weeks ago, and everyone left with her name on their lips.

Rice made an extended argument for American leadership in the world.

In recent days, she emailed supporters:

"2012 is perhaps a turning point for the United States."

"The upcoming elections loom as one of the most important in my lifetime," she warned. "I'm very often asked to speak about our current foreign policy and the challenges that lie before us. However, we, as a country, are not going to be able to address any of those international challenges unless we first get our domestic house in order."
    Source: DrudgeReport

Not sure how reliable Drudge is here, but apparently he knows someone inside the Romney campaign and he's broken stories before. (example: Clinton scandal)

Thoughts?

vCash
    I laughed at someone for suggesting this the other day. I now feel bad.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    I Don't buy it.

Then again the stupidity of the Republicans and their running mates never ceases to amaze me...

Again though i'll keep mentioning... the delegates choose the VP... Romney can say he's going to pick whoever but it isn't up to him if he can't carry the 1044 for it (none of the delegates are bound to the VP voting like they are the POTUS vote).
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    I Don't buy it.

Then again the stupidity of the Republicans and their running mates never ceases to amaze me...

Again though i'll keep mentioning... the delegates choose the VP... Romney can say he's going to pick whoever but it isn't up to him if he can't carry the 1044 for it (none of the delegates are bound to the VP voting like they are the POTUS vote).
    Why would it be stupid for Romney to pick her?

vCash
    There are many things about Condoleezza Rice that I like and few that I don't like, but the things that I don't like worry me more than the things that I do like about her. She strikes me as too much of a neocon for me ever to support but I respect that she is an intelligent person and reasons things out as opposed to being someone who shoots from the hip.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    If true, this would make me vote for Romney. But, Condi has been pretty adamant that she wants nothing to do with being VP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There are many things about Condoleezza Rice that I like and few that I don't like, but the things that I don't like worry me more than the things that I do like about her. She strikes me as too much of a neocon for me ever to support but I respect that she is an intelligent person and reasons things out as opposed to being someone who shoots from the hip.
    I'll have to post what I responded to you with in our conversation here haha.

She recently said she's socially libertarian and she's also pro-choice. She's also pro-gay rights. She also wants us to invest in alternative energies. So there's a lot to like, to say the least.

8. 07-12-2012, 11:13 PM
    Reason
    watch it this isn't ok

vCash
    I think she would be a fantastic choice if she is really interested.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I would vote for her for POTUSOA before Romney or Obama.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I laughed at someone for suggesting this the other day. I now feel bad.
    That was me, and there's no reason to feel bad. I just think it would be absolutely hilarious to see her "debate" Biden. Seriously. They could put it on pay per view. I believe I said it would be like waching hulk Hogan wrestle Richard Simmons.

I'll sit back while the group paints that little mental picture.

But I would rather see her as President. Highly intelligent, pragmatic, good strategic thinker. And she wants to be NFL Commissioner. And as much as I'd like to see her in there over Goodell, I would love to see her on the ticket. It appeases conservatives, and I think takes the party away from the extremist right wingers at the same time.

Love it, if its true, but as Gcoll said, I just saw her say very flatly that she would not be the VP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    That was me, and there's no reason to feel bad. I just think it would be absolutely hilarious to see her "debate" Biden. Seriously. They could put it on pay per view. I believe I said it would be like waching hulk Hogan wrestle Richard Simmons.

I'll sit back while the group paints that little mental picture.

But I would rather see her as President. Highly intelligent, pragmatic, good strategic thinker. And she wants to be NFL Commissioner. And as much as I'd like to see her in there over Goodell, I would love to see her on the ticket. It appeases conservatives, and I think takes the party away from the extremist right wingers at the same time.

Love it, if its true, but as Gcoll said, I just saw her say very flatly that she would not be the VP.
    That's true, but it seems as if almost every potential candidate for the last 14 years has said they wouldn't accept the nomination but when they get offered it, it's hard to turn down.

vCash
    I'd rather her running for the president instead of VP. I'd actually consider voting for her. She's more qualified for the job compared to Mitt and doesn't have quite the awful personality. Maybe this is me over simplifying what her role would be, but I can't imagine she'd really be that impactful on Mitt's decisions as VP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I'd rather her running for the president instead of VP. I'd actually consider voting for her. She's more qualified for the job compared to Mitt and doesn't have quite the awful personality. Maybe this is me over simplifying what her role would be, but I can't imagine she'd really be that impactful on Mitt's decisions as VP.
    I can't let this hit-and-run statement go unchallenged.
    Mitt ran a state as governor and ran very successful businesses. He's demonstrated great leadership skills necessary for leading a country. I can't agree that Rice is somehow more qualified. She never ran anything. She did a great job as Secretary of State but this doesn't hold some sort of trump card over governorship and especially business which is critical experience today. But the point is moot. Rice never ran for president. And what's with this "presonality"? Don't vote on emotion, please. He's actually liked by many, many people. You make it sound like a junior high popularity contest. Sorry but it pains me to see such reasons of justifications for voting for the most infuential public official in our country. Seems like a bit reckless of a comment.

Moreover, I think this is just a trial balloon to see Mitt's numbers going against Obama with Rice vice the so-called "white sandwich" alternatives. And the numbers are proving that she would really help Mitt. 66/24 - favorable/unfavorable ratings. That's unheard of.
    Personally, I'd like to see her on the ticket as she brings overseas diplomatic strength that no other front-runners possess. That team brings much more to the table than Obama/Biden.

You essentially contradict your statement when you at first claim she's more qualified yet she cannot carry any influence with Romney. I didn't agree with essentially anything in your post. At least we're consistently opposed.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 07-15-2012 at 03:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I can't let this hit-and-run statement go unchallenged.
    Mitt ran a state as governor and ran very successful businesses. He's demonstrated great leadership skills necessary for leading a country. I can't agree that Rice is somehow more qualified. She never ran anything. She did a great job as Secretary of State but this doesn't hold some sort of trump card over governorship and especially business which is critical experience today. But the point is moot. Rice never ran for president. And what's with this "presonality"? Don't vote on emotion, please. He's actually liked by many, many people. You make it sound like a junior high popularity contest. Sorry but it pains me to see such reasons of justifications for voting for the most infuential public official in our country. Seems like a bit reckless of a comment.

Moreover, I think this is just a trial balloon to see Mitt's numbers going against Obama with Rice vice the so-called "white sandwich" alternatives. And the numbers are proving that she would really help Mitt. 66/24 - favorable/unfavorable ratings. That's unheard of.
    Personally, I'd like to see her on the ticket as she brings overseas diplomatic strength that no other front-runners possess. That team brings much more to the table than Obama/Biden.

You essentially contradict your statement when you at first claim she's more qualified yet she cannot carry any influence with Romney. I didn't agree with essentially anything in your post. At least we're consistently opposed.

As if Obama was qualified when he came into office in 2009. I guess a partial term in the senate is enough, but being the governor of Massachusetts isn't enough now?

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I agree. She hasnt changed her opinion about nearly everything. She is some one who is centrist, which is needed fo this country. I wouldn't vote for her or anyone involved in the bush admins run up to the Iraq war, but she does qualifies in one of the most important qualities I look for in a president. She's smarter than me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast