Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

DEA Refuses to Admit Heroin Worse than Marijuana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwaX...layer_embedded

The logical conclusion this congressmen brings to the DEA officer's own "top priority" by the end is simply brilliant...
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    This is why we are losing the drug war. It is more important for our government officials to maintain a stupid, inane approach to our drug problems then seek solutions and option to win this war. Watching our bumble butts officials drop the ball on this problem, gives me alot of hope on our war on terrorism. These are the guys who are going to protect us when the crap hits the fan? We should all be practicing kissing our @$$ good-bye then count on our elected officials.

vCash
    That's my representative, good to see him grilling that moron. It's amazing how dumb DEA officials seem to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    That's my representative, good to see him grilling that moron. It's amazing how dumb DEA officials seem to be.
    The scary thing about it is, these DEA officials are highly intelligent people saying dumb things with the power to enforce stupid laws that threaten the average joe, who just want to enjoy a toke.

vCash
    It's not that they're "dumb" or she's "dumb".

If she admits that Marijuana is less dangerous than all of the above then it calls into question as to why Marijuana is a schedule one drug. Perfect example of political posturing.
    Last edited by Trace; 06-22-2012 at 01:43 AM.

vCash
    Drugs are bad m'kay.

Need they say more? If we spent the $50B a year we waste fighting the drug war on roads, schools, military, or even debt we would be far better for it. But people who love privatization are going to have to take these prisioners out of those who run the private prisons cold, dead hands.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Nevermind
    Last edited by Patsfan56; 06-23-2012 at 12:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    This is why we are losing the drug war. It is more important for our government officials to maintain a stupid, inane approach to our drug problems then seek solutions and option to win this war. Watching our bumble butts officials drop the ball on this problem, gives me alot of hope on our war on terrorism. These are the guys who are going to protect us when the crap hits the fan? We should all be practicing kissing our @$$ good-bye then count on our elected officials.
    It's not a war on drugs it's a war on personal freedoms. Government can pump you full of pharmaceutical drugs and keep you doped on their **** but you can't put what you want in your own body. Nobody has the right to tell you what you can and can't put in your own body. Countries who legalize drugs see less drug related crime and have more rehab facilities. America puts them in prison for 10 to 20 years while someone who commits murder can get out in 5 for "good behavior". There is no war on terror either it's just continually generating money for the arms industry. Stop voting and actually participate in educating and understanding that you can make an actual difference through your actions rather than casting a ballot for someone who makes false promises and will never have your interest at heart.
    "Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."-Bill Hicks

vCash
    I just watched the video and can't stop laughing LOL. HILARIOUS! Props for posting this. Political posturing or not this lady came off as a dumbass. Who was the guy asking the questions?
    "Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."-Bill Hicks

vCash
    Granted this DEA administrator is a total moron, but the questions were obviously put out in a manner to justify marijuana being a legitimate legal drug. To think that marijuana is a safe drug is completely asinine. One of my brothers, who is an extremely intelligent individual, got into smoking marijuana daily when he was in college. In my opinion it was a gateway drug to cocaine for him. Now he is homeless living in the streets fighting his addiction. Maybe marijuana is less of a dangerous drug but it doesn't mean it should be legalized.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox_13 View Post
    Granted this DEA administrator is a total moron, but the questions were obviously put out in a manner to justify marijuana being a legitimate legal drug. To think that marijuana is a safe drug is completely asinine. One of my brothers, who is an extremely intelligent individual, got into smoking marijuana daily when he was in college. In my opinion it was a gateway drug to cocaine for him. Now he is homeless living in the streets fighting his addiction. Maybe marijuana is less of a dangerous drug but it doesn't mean it should be legalized.
    I agree with you when you say "to think mj is a safe drug is asinine". People need to understand their are risks associated with the use of any psychoactive substance... I do take issue with some of your other conclusions though. There is no evidence that the chemical properties of mj lead to a desire to use other drugs, or affect how one perceives or is sensitive to another drug. What is true is that people who are sensation seeking are more likely to use multiple drugs and the order has far more to do with availability... Giving it the perception of order. Alcohol then mj then something harder.

The reason why mj seems a "gateway drug," or at least the reason why there is a stronger correlation between mj use and harder drugs than alcohol use and harder drugs is that it is illegal. It is not the drug , but the people one comes into contact with due to the illegal nature of the drug that makes the probability of cocaine use go up. If mj were legal there would be a barrier between the kinds of people that use and sell cocaine and the kind that use mj. Much like there is a barrier now between alcohol and mj though they are still correlated.

Regardless you can't legislate that way... Do you know hat has even a stronger correlation to hard drug use? Having Rx meds like oxycodone, adderol, or Xanax in your house as a teen. Should we stop prescribing medications because they might be correlated with future illicit drug use?
    Last edited by flips333; 06-23-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Granted this DEA administrator is a total moron, but the questions were obviously put out in a manner to justify marijuana being a legitimate legal drug. To think that marijuana is a safe drug is completely asinine. One of my brothers, who is an extremely intelligent individual, got into smoking marijuana daily when he was in college.
    Are you kidding? Sorry...Just because your brother is a moron and wanted to get into other drugs or take his high to another level doesn't mean it's marijuana's fault. 5 years of smoking for me and I haven't touched another drug. Blame the person with an addictive personality and no motivation in life, not weed.

vCash
    That is an isolated incident, and rest assured I do sympathize, but one case is not what you make a law off of. The overwhelming amount of people who use marijuana, do so in a safe way and do not suffer the slightest ill effect from doing so. I know plenty of people who have been very successful and smoke marijuana. In your specific case, it would be like advocating for re-illegalizing alcohol because it had a bad outcome for one person.

People are starting to wake up and realize that the DARE program has been pumping them full of BS about how dangerous these drugs are and I think we are seeing a generation that is going to standup to these lies and make massive changes to how we incarcerate people for growing and smoking a plant. If I were to burn an oak leaf and smoke it, I wouldn't have to fear the police breaking down my door and throwing me in jail.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    It's not a war on drugs it's a war on personal freedoms. Government can pump you full of pharmaceutical drugs and keep you doped on their **** but you can't put what you want in your own body. Nobody has the right to tell you what you can and can't put in your own body. Countries who legalize drugs see less drug related crime and have more rehab facilities. America puts them in prison for 10 to 20 years while someone who commits murder can get out in 5 for "good behavior". There is no war on terror either it's just continually generating money for the arms industry. Stop voting and actually participate in educating and understanding that you can make an actual difference through your actions rather than casting a ballot for someone who makes false promises and will never have your interest at heart.
    I have no problems with anything you have posted. Both the Drug War and the War on terrorism is base on fears. Fears that the government use to curtail our freedoms and fill the coffer of various agencies.

The idea that mj is gateway drug is the most baldface every told. If MJ is a gateway drug then 3/4 of the baby boomers who were around during the 60's would be herion users now, including Clinton, Bush and Obama. There is to much money to be made, jobs and reputations to maintain to let MJ be legal.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-23-2012 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I have no problems with anything you have posted. Both the Drug War and the War on terrorism is base on fears. Fears that the government use to curtail our freedoms and fill the coffer of various agencies.

The idea that mj is gateway drug is the most baldface every told. If MJ is a gateway drug then 3/4 of the baby boomers who were around during the 60's would be herion users now, including Clinton, Bush and Obama. There is to much money to be made, jobs and reputations to maintain to let MJ be legal.
    My experiences with marijuana have all been positive, I've never felt the urge to do crack or shoot heroin or snort an 8 ball. OI get so sick of those above the influence commercials. For once I'd like to see something positive like a public service announcement about drugs. Like you see someone smoking a joint and then they show a picture of the Beatles or something. I'd like to see it based on fact rather than scare tactics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast