Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3557 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25573057345735073547355535563557355835593567360736574057 ... LastLast
Results 53,341 to 53,355 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

He's a better scout than GM. He should be alright as long as he's not our GM haha.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Looks like Doan will decide July 16th.

Who makes the first significant move?

Stan Bowman or Theo Epstein?
    I'm gonna say Epstein. Dempster's probably gone soon and the way the off-season's gone so far, I could see Doan going somewhere else (even though, I'd really like him on our team). It does sound like we're going to offer Doan a lot of money. Hopefully it's not some absurd amount. He is 35.

Bowman is not getting Doan, if he wanted to be with the Hawks, he would be here already. Bowman better have plan D waiting.

Going out on a limb and say Montador. He was really bad even before the injury. He is going to get it together and be a solid 5th Dman this year.

Making the Hawks a contender again in one risky move.

To Colorado: Viktor Stalberg, Michael Frolik, Brandon Pirri, and Chicago's 1st round pick in 2014.
    To Chicago: Paul Stastny

FORWARDS
    Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
    Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
    Jeremy Morin ($0.887m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m)
    Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Jamal Mayers ($0.650m)
    Bryan Bickell ($0.542m) /
    Brandon Bollig ($0.575m) /

DEFENSEMEN
    Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
    Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Nick Leddy ($1.117m)
    Johnny Oduya ($3.383m) / Steve Montador ($2.750m)
    Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m) /

GOALTENDERS
    Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
    Ray Emery ($1.150m)
    ------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,742,628; BONUSES: $817,500
    CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,457,372

Colorado gets a promising young LW, a young center on the verge of making an NHL roster, our first round pick in 2014 and takes Frolik to help alleviate some salary. In return, the Hawks get the talented 2nd line center they've desperately been needing and a guy who can add some punch to the 2nd powerplay unit.

This deal is risky because it relies on Saad and Morin both being ready and able to make the NHL roster. There are some in house options if they don't, like Bickell, Smith, and Hayes. There is also the option of making a late August cheapo depot signing like Andrew Brunette to fill in.

We'd be a good $3.5 million under the cap, which gives us some wiggle room for a deadline deal. I realize that the defense remains largely untouched and still lacks a physical 3/4 guy, but addressing one of the two glaring weaknesses makes this team better. A mid-season trade to bring in a physical 3/4 defenseman can always be made. Olsen would also fill in for Montador should he not be ready to go by October.

Bolland has two seasons left before he is unrestricted in the summer of 2014. By then, McNeill should be able to step in as the checking center and we would get salary relief with a Bolland deal, which could land us a 1st round pick to replace the one traded to Colorado or at the very least some very good talent.

It's a risky move, but it needs to be made. We're not far from being a contender and we're in a great position to do some wheeling and dealing. I'd be very comfortable with this roster for the time being, with hope that some roster tweaking can solve our 2nd defensive pairing and goaltender issues in the near future.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Garret Ross Mic'd up at camp....starts a fight while mic'd up, hilarious...big fan!

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...id=DL|CHI|home

Still don't understand how the Hawks didn't have one bit of interest in Shaone Morrisonn. Played through a broken jaw and a shoulder injury a few years ago during the playoffs. 6'4", capable stay at home who plays with a mean streak.

Me thinks the Hawks think Brookbank fits in better with Q's system. Probably so, but Morrisonn address a bigger need. Brookbank is capable, but he's a total ****ing punching bag.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 07-13-2012 at 04:49 AM.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Bowman is not getting Doan, if he wanted to be with the Hawks, he would be here already. Bowman better have plan D waiting.
    My gut feeling is that PHX is his #1 choice and is waiting on them right now and if things dont work out there, he'll come to the Hawks for a 4 years 20-24 million imo.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Once again, i thought something happened when I seen this had its own thread.

It probably should be in the blackhawks offseason rumors, ideas, and updates thread.
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 07-13-2012 at 08:24 AM.

I know Stastny would upgrade this team and this deal would benefit both sides but Im not a huge fan of Stastny. Hes a very soft player for a decent sized guy.

I think the Hawks finally have a star in their system they havent had since Kane...

http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fff7bed/t...n-20120712/600

Cimaglia brought up a good point, the Hawks Convention is a week away, I wonder if a trade will be done by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Still don't understand how the Hawks didn't have one bit of interest in Shaone Morrisonn. Played through a broken jaw and a shoulder injury a few years ago during the playoffs. 6'4", capable stay at home who plays with a mean streak.

Me thinks the Hawks think Brookbank fits in better with Q's system. Probably so, but Morrisonn address a bigger need. Brookbank is capable, but he's a total ****ing punching bag.
    I think i may have posted this before in response to this question. i think it's Capgeek that has him under contract to play in the KHL next year.

I agree that he'd be a good stay at home dman who doesnt take any **** from anyone and who could clear out the crease in front of our net.

Hossa progressing

Quenneville also gave a brief update on the condition of Marian Hossa, who has been recovering in Slovakia since his season-ending injury in the playoffs. Hossa will attend the annual Blackhawks Convention next weekend, a chance to reconnect with his teammates for the first time since the playoffs ended.

“[Hossa’s] doing fine,” he said. “We’re looking forward to seeing him in town next week. Reports have been good—we look forward to seeing him face to face.”

Not sure if its true but rumors are generating on twitter saying that a Phoenix sports radio host indicates Doan has been offered $30M over 4 years from an Eastern Conference team.