Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Who would the Kings have as a backup if they moved Bernier? I wouldn't want the Leafs to morgage the future on him. He's not a proven goalie in my eyes.
    they'd probably sign some UFA guy. Quick played 70 games last year anyway, not like Bernier was some workhorse.

vCash
    Andi Petrillo ‏@andipHNIC
    Hearing the Leafs have put in an offer to G Jonathan Bernier.

vCash
    Yeah i posted that as well...i think shes reading the fake rumour guys lol...

vCash
    If it's for MacArthur or Reimer then go for it. But if a 1st is involved then i say pass.

vCash
    Yeah we can't afford to start trading firsts yet. That's something you do when you're to the point of contending or going deep. Chances are if we start the season with this roster that first rounder could be a high pick. I wonder what LA's asking price would be. I've heard pretty high for a back up.

vCash
    really don't want bernier. But if it's for Mac and Franson/Gunnarson, i think i would take a shot. A Reimer/Bernier tandem has so much potential it HAS to work out right? with our luck they will both be out of the NHL in two seasons time.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    I don't believe that rumour at all. People in the media are always "hearing" things, yet don't have anyone else to back up their claims.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Has anyone confirmed this offer?

vCash
    Nope....so i doubt its true...of course all of the tsn guys are on hollidays so i doubt we hear from them

vCash

Bernier requests trade...

She did work for LeafsTV so maybe she caught wind of something through old colleagues. Until something tangible comes up I wouldn't be expecting much of it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Has anyone confirmed this offer?
    Not that I have seen and I highly doubt she would be the one with the inside scoop on this...

With that said, I saw the rumored deal was something like Frattin + Scrivens + 3rd. If so, I think I do that. Not exactly a great deal for us, but we really have no room for Frattin unless MacArthur/Connolly/Lombardi are moved and Kadri needs a spot soon or he'll be demanding a trade

Sure Bernier has not proved much, but he definitely has a high potential and is clearly ready for the NHL. Bernier and Reimer wouldn't be a bad tandem, as I'm sure one of them would quickly emerge as a #1 goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysnow14 View Post
    Andi Petrillo ‏@andipHNIC
    Hearing the Leafs have put in an offer to G Jonathan Bernier.

vCash

Bernier requests trade...

He's got a .910sv%, but Reimer has maintained a .911 on a far worse team. Plus they're the same age. I'd be happy to go with Reimer and just let the guy develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Not that I have seen and I highly doubt she would be the one with the inside scoop on this...

With that said, I saw the rumored deal was something like Frattin + Scrivens + 3rd. If so, I think I do that. Not exactly a great deal for us, but we really have no room for Frattin unless MacArthur/Connolly/Lombardi are moved and Kadri needs a spot soon or he'll be demanding a trade

Sure Bernier has not proved much, but he definitely has a high potential and is clearly ready for the NHL. Bernier and Reimer wouldn't be a bad tandem, as I'm sure one of them would quickly emerge as a #1 goalie.
    Where'd you see this? i would be on that deal if they wanted it.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    I think people are just bored and looking to stir something up because there is nothing out there right now. Burke has said countless times that he has no intention on pursuing Bernier. He said it on Prim Time and I don't see them doing anything on that front.

Unless he's suddenly become desperate, then I guess. I don't personally mind Bernier, I don't really know if it makes the Leafs better... I mean I would certainly prefer Bernier-Reimer for next year because I don't see Reimer being a part of a trade to LA.

If Burke deals for Bernier and then signs a veteran goalie (whoever else is out there) then that would make more sense. But like I said I doubt it's true... Burke said he wants a vet starting goalie not a young kid.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I remember when a lot of people thought Bernier was a better prospect than Quick was.... obviously didn't work out that way but I still think he has tons of potential.

If we can get him for a reasonable price I'd be all over it... but none of this top prospect/Kadri + high draft pick nonsense.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast