Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well we'll see what happens... it's been so damn quiet, as far as Leafs go. Everything else like Nash and Weber is what all the buzz is... Leafs buzz is we signed Keith Aucoin and Simon Gysbers... Lmfao

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    This is false. I thought so too but go back and listen to it. He eludes to a "young inexperienced goalie" in the same way he eludes to Luongo as "experienced goalie with term". The question before was about Lindback being traded so he was talking about having no interest in the "young inexperienced goalies" that were moved (refering to Lindback).
    Hmm... I guess. But McCown asked him if he would pursue a "young inexperienced goalie" through trade and he flat out said no that is not what they are intending to do.

Doesn't Bernier fit under young inexperienced goalie?
    Yeah he does fit under the label "young and inexperienced". Which is why in Dregs tweet he said that Burke isn't even talking to LA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    He also said he wasnt shopping schenn...but we know how that turned out...yes i know he said a few other things regarding schenn...point is burke says a lot but does something different
    Just because Burke traded Schenn doesn't mean he was shopping him. That was the price for JVR and that deal had to get done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    Just because Burke traded Schenn doesn't mean he was shopping him. That was the price for JVR and that deal had to get done.
    He was shopping him though. They said that the deal for JVR would have gotten done at the deadline if JVR wasn't injured at that time so they decided to wait... meaning Burke was willing to trade him for a month or so. Maybe not to other teams but to Philly.

And the price was actually a bit more then just Schenn which is why I like the deal. They were talking to Anaheim before Toronto got Schenn and the rumor was a potential JVR for Bobby Ryan swap... so it was a good deal on both sides.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Bernier would definitly fall under the same label of "young and inexperienced" as Lindback. Just because Burke says he's not going to do something doesn't mean he won't do it, or atleast explore it. I think alot of the flat out "no's" he gives the fans and media is to try and calm the situation down. Things can get outta hand fast in this market with the media and fanbase. Burke just doesn't want a media circus. I can't blame him for that. Look at me giving him small props... people are gonna be ice skating in hell tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    He was shopping him though. They said that the deal for JVR would have gotten done at the deadline if JVR wasn't injured at that time so they decided to wait... meaning Burke was willing to trade him for a month or so. Maybe not to other teams but to Philly.

And the price was actually a bit more then just Schenn which is why I like the deal. They were talking to Anaheim before Toronto got Schenn and the rumor was a potential JVR for Bobby Ryan swap... so it was a good deal on both sides.
    Shopping a player means you're looking around the league to see what you can get with the full intention of dealing the player.

He was traded because Burke wanted JVR and Philly wanted Schenn in return. Especially with Pronger out. Doesn't mean he was shopped. Things get taken out of context alot, Burke said he wasn't shopping him, he didn't say that he wouldnt trade him if the right deal came around.

vCash

Bernier requests trade...

I understand Burke is a loudmouth but alotof what he says gets blown up.

vCash
    Anymore news on this rumour?

Legendary

vCash
    She be pretty quiet

vCash
    Burke made his best signing to date, with the tml's, today. Welcome Morgan Rielly!

As for rumors, the Bernier deal was made up
    Lou's rumor is legit
    Getzlaf may be a leaf this offseason

Tons of cap space left boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B BURKE View Post
    Burke made his best signing to date, with the tml's, today. Welcome Morgan Rielly!

As for rumors, the Bernier deal was made up
    Lou's rumor is legit
    Getzlaf may be a leaf this offseason

Tons of cap space left boys
    where did you hear/read this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    where did you hear/read this?
    Bingo.. odds are, that rumor is not legit. Ryan Getzlaf will not be dealt this off-season

vCash
    Probably read incarcarated bob haha because he tweeted it earlier

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Bingo.. odds are, that rumor is not legit. Ryan Getzlaf will not be dealt this off-season
    I agree 100%...why would Selanne sign if he knew Getz and Ryan were going to be traded and the team was going to rebuid...another case of the "Leaf Blinders" by the new guy
    Last edited by Lavy16; 08-04-2012 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    I think bobby will be dealt eventually...just not to the leafs

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast