Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Lock out a dream season for The Leafs

Now that it seems close that NHL hockey may happen this season, I started wondering, as a Leafs fan, would we be better off with a complete cancellation of the season.

The reasoning being that not only would we have several expiring contracts (some of those being hideous), we would also have a great draft pick (using the same criteria as the last lockout).

Add to that the number of available free agents and our cap space (remember players under contract will lose this year and many will become FA's) , I believe it would be more advantageous if the season was cancelled.

vCash
    meh, those expiring contracts will still be expiring regardless, only difference is if we get to watch hockey in the mean time or not.
    and we probably won't be a very good team, so either we shock everyone and make the playoffs, or we get a high pick anyways (maybe even a better pick, and have a shot at McKinnon)

vCash
    ^meh, no. Those expiring contracts would be expired, and those expiring contracts of other players would also be expired (i.e. Getzlaf, Perry).

The Leafs would have a lot of cap room and because they've been so poor they would also get a good draft pick (assuming the NHL uses the same system as the last lockout).

vCash
    I cannot justify losing an entire NHL season.

vCash
    just heard about the new draft rules (whats out there anyway)

All 14 teams will have a shot at getting the first overall pick, no more 4 spots max. Kinda good and bad for us. Good because we almost always finish middle of the pack and now have a shot but bad for us because because we have no ****ing luck when it comes to the draft lottery
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    This is great news. Leafs have gotten off to a good start in the last few years, now theres 32 less games for us to suck in so we have a chance at 8th place!!!