8 36.36%
  • No way in hell

4 18.18%
  • Go back to the Sixers forum

10 45.45%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Any Chance Chooch is Juicing?

First time, ever, away from the Sixers Forum. And so forgive me if this has been discussed.

Now I LOVE Chooch, etc etc

But his numbers, compared to previous years, are just out of sight. As you all know.

Any chance? Is anyone else the least bit curious?

vCash
    Is there a chance? Of course.

But I'd say it's unlikely. Catchers have a habit of having career years late in their career. Then they quickly break down.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Go back to the Sixers forum.
    Last edited by Jbendz; 07-13-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    Go back to the Sixers forum.
    I suppose the use of the smiley face was supposed to minimize the rudeness?

The guy's batting average is up SEVENTY points in one year. A HUNDRED points since '09. Heck, he batted .219 in '08!

He's DOUBLED his HR output - in one half of a year - compared to last year's entire season. And in fact in his first 80 games he's knocked out the same number as he had in the two previous seasons COMBINED.

SNIFF SNIFF

Something's fishy.

vCash
    Ricky, not in here. Chooch is loved by all...besides, how do you say juicing in Spanish?

vCash
    as long as he didnt hang out with galvis he is good.. j/k ........... this day in baseball it wouldnt shock me if anyone did PED's but chooch is clean IMO he just worked hard in the offseason got ready and this is the result

PS NBA SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Ricky, not in here. Chooch is loved by all...besides, how do you say juicing in Spanish?
    I love him too. But, c'mon....it has to be discussed. In this day and age, it's a shame, yeah...but SEVENTY points?

(And I assume he worked "hard" in all the other off-seasons.)

New nickname: el jugo

vCash
    I don't suppose you know much about baseball analytics?

If you do, you'll be familiar with BABIP (batting average on balls in play) which is considered a crude measure of "luck."

As you can imagine, anytime a ball is put in play, there is a chance it's fielded for an out of falls for a hit. There are times when a guy stings the ball and the shortstop makes a leaping catch. Anywhere else on the diamond and that ball is a hit.

Over the course of a season, a player can be lucky, unlucky, or neutral. A lucky hitter might get a number of seeing eye singles that should have been outs and/or some hits that happened to land right in front of an Adam Dunn quality defensive atrocity. An unlucky hitter is the opposite, perhaps they hit too many balls near Michael Bourn.

Lesson in luck aside, Chooch as a very high BABIP - .362. His BABIP should be around .315. Let's call that a 50 point difference which is the same as saying that 5% of his hits on balls in play should have been outs. That's roughly 5 hits to date which reduces his batting average down to .331.

There's more to it then that, but it's possible to deconstruct most of Chooch's season as a sabermetric anomaly. He's certainly been very good even when adjusted back to luck neutral, but it's not such a stark change.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    You're over-thinking it. How about we compare his stats to guys who were proven to have juiced? And let's track how THEIR stats peaked from one season to the next.

Or.

We could just ask him to make a muscle.

vCash
    If they dont discuss jose bautista, they're not gonna discuss ruiz. going into 2010 bautista had 52 career hr's and he comes out of no where and hits 54. joeybats is on juice chooch isn't.

vCash
    If he is he should share it with the rest of the roster... Kendrick Juicing...He would never give up a run.

I am a firm believer that its only cheating if you get caught lol

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyball2012 View Post
    If they dont discuss jose bautista, they're not gonna discuss ruiz. going into 2010 bautista had 52 career hr's and he comes out of no where and hits 54. joeybats is on juice chooch isn't.
    So you think that in 3 years Bautista has been able to cheat steroid tests? yeah, no.

OP, go back to the sixers forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    I suppose the use of the smiley face was supposed to minimize the rudeness?

The guy's batting average is up SEVENTY points in one year. A HUNDRED points since '09. Heck, he batted .219 in '08!

He's DOUBLED his HR output - in one half of a year - compared to last year's entire season. And in fact in his first 80 games he's knocked out the same number as he had in the two previous seasons COMBINED.

SNIFF SNIFF

Something's fishy.
    Yeah. Fixed that for ya.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyball2012 View Post
    Well considering Bautista has been tested multiple times over the last 3 years, he must be on magic undetectable steroids.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    I'm impressed at the OP's condor. As a Met fan, I've been thinking the same thing about Scott Hairston.

I think it's always a fair question to ask.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast