Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^ Agreed. A lot of these guys look bad (UFC standards). That one guy had no idea how to use hooks. His BJJ looked horrible. His stand-up was so raw, though he won on wrestling and cardio.

They need to do this once a year and bring in actual talent. You know what else would help? Don't use WW and LWs every single season.. Next season is MW and LHWs though. Make that a comeback season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    ^^ Agreed. A lot of these guys look bad (UFC standards). That one guy had no idea how to use hooks. His BJJ looked horrible. His stand-up was so raw, though he won on wrestling and cardio.

They need to do this once a year and bring in actual talent. You know what else would help? Don't use WW and LWs every single season.. Next season is MW and LHWs though. Make that a comeback season.
    Exactly. They have done Lightweights seemingly every other season. They have barely anybody at 125 and 135 they need to do more of those as well.

vCash
    Waters and Alvey were impressive, which is probably why they were the first two picks. Nobody else really stood out. A couple early stoppages by Mazz too IMO.

vCash
    They should do a season where the coaches can pick either fighter, whether they win or lose.

vCash
    Looks the there will be a lot more fight right here in the house talk then usual. House of tough guys short on brains it seems.

vCash
    this show has become a joke, no one will watch it on fridays.

vCash
    I watched the replay of it.

I think Carwin clearly has the better team. I thought the top 3 were Waters, Neil Magny, and Alvey. He ended up getting 2/3. Not only that but he just has a really good overall team.

The thing is Big Country has the decision over the matchups. It's all about matchups so we'll see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    I watched the replay of it.

I think Carwin clearly has the better team. I thought the top 3 were Waters, Neil Magny, and Alvey. He ended up getting 2/3. Not only that but he just has a really good overall team.

The thing is Big Country has the decision over the matchups. It's all about matchups so we'll see what happens.
    You can pick matchups all you want but if the other guy has the better team eventually it will work itself out.

vCash
    Steel, you going to do your annual breakdown of the roster? Like, stats? Who they've lost to, who they have beat, etc.

vCash
    Sam Alvey has the most impressive record. 19-4

He's beaten some pretty good fighters like Karl Amoussou, he went to a split decision loss with Vitor Vianna.

Bristol Marunde has wins over Rich Attonito and Jay Silva.

Both guys experienced and both on Carwin's team
    Last edited by zn23; 09-16-2012 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    I found Alvey to be raw, but had serious power.

vCash
    the show blows

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Nicely put.

TUF is more about getting "characters" on the show than actually getting the best fighter available.

Just look at this picture of the TUF 16 cast. So many MMA stereotypes, I don't even know where to begin.
    ^This is my issue with it. Every year the show gets more and more sensational. It used to be about the fighting and training, now there's so much drama at the household/pranks/pranks gone too far/meatheads.... I just watch the fights and fast forward the rest.

Frankly Dana went (in my books, anyway) from a complete idiot to somebody that I truly respect, and is now a bit back on the tail slide. With how bad the show is getting and how many fighters are getting hurt and how many cards are so underwhelming that it's an insult to be asked $65 to watch... I'm tired of his brining in guys that will either knock somebody's head off or get ko'd because they're not well-rounded fighters. Also, we get it... you don't really like Nelson. You don't have to undermine his opinion every chance you get. Just because you disagree with him doesn't make him an idiot.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    ..... also because the most cocky head-cases seem to be the worst fighters. That mohawk dude was talking about how "I was born a fighter, you can't train what I have going on in my head...." kinda b.s, then got ripped apart by Dana for barely winning the worst fight on the show and got picked last but then you see him going absolutely mental in the season preview. I can't stand these kind of guys and frankly there's not much of a place for them in professional sports.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    I dont watch the show....

I llike Gold rush & shark tank more

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson