Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

USA TODAY: Roy Nelson, Shane Carwin to be 'The Ultimate Fighter 16' coaches

FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    This is interesting, they weren't on my radar at all.

I like it, they sort of have a rivalry, if I remember right, Roy talked trash about Carwin a couple of years ago. We'll see how they handle being around each other. The good thing, is both are good fighters, it should make for a fun fight.

The best part (for me anyways), TUF won't put on hold any division. I'm tired of seeing TUF get in the way of title fights. Faber/Cruz, GSP/Koscheck, Rampage/Evans, etc.
    -----

vCash
    I don't know what the hell to think of this fight. I find it hilarious that Dana White is nonstop ripping Roy Nelson about needing to get serious about his conditioning and getting into a camp and now he is a coach lol

As far as the fight goes its hard not to imagine Shane Carwin just smacking Roy Nelson around but then again how many times have we seen Roy Nelson get smacked around and still be there for the decision. If that happens can he steal rounds against Shane Carwin who has gassed in the later rounds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I don't know what the hell to think of this fight. I find it hilarious that Dana White is nonstop ripping Roy Nelson about needing to get serious about his conditioning and getting into a camp and now he is a coach lol

As far as the fight goes its hard not to imagine Shane Carwin just smacking Roy Nelson around but then again how many times have we seen Roy Nelson get smacked around and still be there for the decision. If that happens can he steal rounds against Shane Carwin who has gassed in the later rounds?
    he did, you havent noticed?

anyway i think carwin kos nelson within 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    he did, you havent noticed?

anyway i think carwin kos nelson within 2.
    JDS and Werdu couldn't stop him. I doubt Carwin can.

vCash
    I like this, Roy Nelson is entertaining. I also like the matchup. Carwi has serious KO power but Roy took shot after shot against JDS and didnt drop and i'd love to see if Carwin could. I am also curious to see if it does go past the 1st/2nd round, will Carwin have the cardio to hold on to a win(not that roy couldnt ko or submit him before then)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    JDS and Werdu couldn't stop him. I doubt Carwin can.
    carwin punches harder than both, especially werdum lol.

vCash
    carwin punches harder than both, especially werdum lol.
    He hits harder than the knees Werdum landed from the clinch? I doubt it.

vCash
    In that fight against Junior Dos Santos he took 118 punches (78 power punches) in a 3 round fight. Now go and look up the guys that Junior Dos Santos has knocked out in the 1st round.... This is gonna be a brawl and a fun fight.

vCash
    well im not guaranteeing a ko cause you never know what can happen but i still say ko. jds landed a lot of body shots on him also, nelson got kod by arvloski before its not impossible.

vCash
    well im not guaranteeing a ko cause you never know what can happen but i still say ko. jds landed a lot of body shots on him also, nelson got kod by arvloski before its not impossible.
    Oh it certainly is possible if anybody can do it that would be Carwin. That is what makes this fight so interesting to me anyways. Can Roy Nelson take the punishment and push Carwin into the later rounds and test his cardio.

vCash
    I think Roy will be hilarious on the show, I'm also predicting a win by submission for Roy in the fight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    I think Roy will be hilarious on the show, I'm also predicting a win by submission for Roy in the fight.
    It wouldn't shock me at all to see a result go something along the lines of Carwin vs Lesnar. With Roy Nelson weathering an early storm and then outgrappling a wore down Carwin who is also coming in with ring rust.

vCash
    The more I think about this fight, the more I like it. Nelson has a great chin and Carwin is known for his KO power. If Carwin doesn't finish it in the first, Nelson can easily take it by decision. But the best part? Neither guy is close to a title shot and won't held the division hostage. So if either guy pulls out with injury, is not the end of the world.

In my opinion, these are the type of fights/match ups the UFC should use for TUF. They need to promote different fighters, let their personalities take over. Think about it, Cruz was hated by most fans because Faber doesn't like him. But after TUF, Cruz completely change that. Why? Because as it turned out, he's not the devil that Faber made him out to be. He actually has a cool personality and was one of the better coaches TUF ever had.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    The more I think about this fight, the more I like it. Nelson has a great chin and Carwin is known for his KO power. If Carwin doesn't finish it in the first, Nelson can easily take it by decision. But the best part? Neither guy is close to a title shot and won't held the division hostage. So if either guy pulls out with injury, is not the end of the world.

In my opinion, these are the type of fights/match ups the UFC should use for TUF. They need to promote different fighters, let their personalities take over. Think about it, Cruz was hated by most fans because Faber doesn't like him. But after TUF, Cruz completely change that. Why? Because as it turned out, he's not the devil that Faber made him out to be. He actually has a cool personality and was one of the better coaches TUF ever had.
    Agreed. This was a pretty good decision.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast