Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Oh, that really breaks my heart, especially coming from you "just asking questions". You being insulting, disrespectful torwards blacks and start crying when others point out your racism, or self-hatre.
    This guy, just called all black people stupid and then said we are being hyper-sensitive. Is this dude on drugs or something? If thats not offensive then what the hell is? I mean how can you get any worse than blacks don't have and idea in their heads.........unbelievable.
    Last edited by jayjay33; 07-16-2012 at 05:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    This guy, just called all black people stupid and then said we are being hyper-sensitive. Is this dude on drugs or something? If thats not offensive then what the hell is? I mean how can you get any worse than blacks don't have and idea in their heads.........unbelievable.
    I like how he claim to observe black people, how they don't have a thought in their head and don't know the issues.Then wonder were they get their habits of voting democrat, from their parents, black leaders or what. Then he top it all off with the ''I am black'' statement. LOL LOL . And his "just asking questions'' statment was used by Eric Cartman in a south park show, where he played a Glenn Beck type character. He would ask a really insulting question and try to defuse it by saying "I just asking questions'' It was funny in the show, but it isn't here.

What black person, growing up within the black culture, wouldn't know the answers to his ''just asking question'' questions? There has always been issues that blacks hold dear, policing, educations, jobs,breaking racial barriers or seeking justice for racial incidents. Here in chicago, we have been protesting the closing of mental health centers in our area as well as getting more police on the streets. These things don't get national coverage but the protest do occur. Some times we get bitter because our issues get ignored. Then he wonders why we think he is lying about being black.

If that was true, it speaks volumes on his own self- image problems. If he lying, he is a racist, who will lie about anything. Either way, he is a mess-up little puppy.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-17-2012 at 12:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I like how he claim to observe black people, how they don't have a thought in their head and don't know the issues.Then wonder were they get their habits of voting democrat, from their parents, black leaders or what. Then he top it all off with the ''I am black'' statement. LOL LOL . And his "just asking questions'' statment was used by Eric Cartman in a south park show, where he played a Glenn Beck type character. He would ask a really insulting question and try to defuse it by saying "I just asking questions'' It was funny in the show, but it isn't here.

What black person, growing up within the black culture, wouldn't know the answers to his ''just asking question'' questions? There has always been issues that blacks hold dear, policing, educations, jobs,breaking racial barriers or seeking justice for racial incidents. Here in chicago, we have been protesting the closing of mental health centers in our area as well as getting more police on the streets. These things don't get national coverage but the protest do occur. Some times we get bitter because our issues get ignored. Then he wonders why we think he is lying about being black.

If that was true, it speaks volumes on his own self- image problems. If he lying, he is a racist, who will lie about anything. Either way, he is a mess-up little puppy.
    This dude is NOT black.......I don't care what he says!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    That. That right there is racist. I disagree with every fiber of my being with anyone who votes for Obama, but to say something like this is, by its very definition, racist. I may disagree with left leaning people, but to indicate that a race of people doesn't understand the issues.... you know what? If you can't see how that is racist, all I can really do is wish you well and move on.
    Yeah, everything's racist, right? Ha ha!! My god, you people are a stitch.

vCash
    Well, the results are in. No one could answer my questions. Not surprising. Hyper-sensitivity towards my words clouded everyone from the questions I asked. Big fail for all of you. Great job.

Obviously for one race to historically vote for one party and one party only reveals that they do not listen to other views and will remain closed-minded for their existence - the vast majority. I will not blindly follow like a sheep and continue to discover things on my accord. Good luck to the rest of you sheep.

vCash
    Actually, someone else here is displaying stupidity. You're taking my comments out of context. I stated that blacks don't have a thought in their head pertaining politics. They don't care. The numbers actually validate this. They've voted the same for many decades. They don't even listen to other opinions or views. Am I worng about that or will you continue to be distracted by "race" thoughts? You can't even see straight. You choose to be insulted. Start reading and thinking before reacting badly. Use your brain, mister.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Well, the results are in. No one could answer my questions. Not surprising. Hyper-sensitivity towards my words clouded everyone from the questions I asked. Big fail for all of you. Great job.

Obviously for one race to historically vote for one party and one party only reveals that they do not listen to other views and will remain closed-minded for their existence - the vast majority. I will not blindly follow like a sheep and continue to discover things on my accord. Good luck to the rest of you sheep.
    not trying to be rude, but you need to go back and re-read the answers you got to your question. Several people, including me BTW, politely answered you with some insightful [at least mine was ] posts. If you disagree, that's cool. But this kind of answer you gave seems to indicate you were only looking for someone to agree with you. and that your question was perhaps disingenuous.

FWIW, IMO, your theory is so unlikely as to be silly. Simply accusing a whole race of people that disagree with your positions as uninterested and sheeplike seems more 'sour grapes' than insightful. and more than a little close minded. It will be difficult to discover any new truths on your own if you keep that attitude towards new ideas. The only things you will discover are the things you already believe to be true.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Actually, someone else here is displaying stupidity. You're taking my comments out of context. I stated that blacks don't have a thought in their head pertaining politics. They don't care. The numbers actually validate this. They've voted the same for many decades. They don't even listen to other opinions or views. Am I worng about that or will you continue to be distracted by "race" thoughts? You can't even see straight. You choose to be insulted. Start reading and thinking before reacting badly. Use your brain, mister.
    I was hoping you'd respond to this

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    "don't have a single idea in their heads" that's what you wrote. That's not summarizing someone's attitude towards politics... that's saying dumb.

But let's skip whether or not anything's racist and just examine the veracity of the idea that black people are not politically active.

Do we have a black president? Well that's one person who is active right?

Who are all those black politicians? Are they white people in black-face?

Who are these people?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/21/us/21jena.html?_r=1

What about Occupy Oakland?

People complain about all the protests that Sharpton organizes... it's literally a joke "Darryl Strawberry called out at home... Sharpton organizes Protest."

So clearly there are some black people who are politically active. So that dispels the all idea... What about amount... Could you possibly have been implying that black folk are less politically active than white folk? Do a lower % of black people care about politics than white people? it's hard to find the data there. Voter turn out... Well in 2008 this wasn't the case. http://allotherpersons.wordpress.com...voter-turnout/

And young black people probably were statistically significantly more likely to vote.
    http://allotherpersons.wordpress.com.../white-voters/

Hmmm but 2008 was different, Obama and all, so what about 2004?
    http://www.census.gov/newsroom/relea.../cb09-110.html
    nope young black people still way out there.

if you don't like voter turnout (as you suggest that black people are in the voting booth with no idea in their heads) then you will need a different operational definition of "politically active"... like these people do. http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/...f_all.html.csp

You know what the truth is very few people (all color, sexes etc.) are politically active. Just think about what % of folks who come on PSD will post here in the politics section. Just think about the low % of people who even just bother to vote.

What it comes down to is that you claim that one group is less politically active and the only evidence you offer is your personal experience. If you've seen money ball essentially you have just put yourself in a group with the scout talking about the player's ugly girlfriend. Or you are confusing not thinking about the issues with not agreeing with you on the issues.

You want to know why black people vote for Democrats and you don't want to accept the history of politics, or the policies of the republicans that are biased against poor people, or the example of the KKK, skin heads and people of a racist persuasion voting for republicans, then I suggest that you will likely not find an answer that suits you. It seems as though you are looking for a reason to support your world view, which if I understand it correctly is that the only reason why black people would do such a thing is because black people aren't paying attention.
    but you didn't and now consistency in voting is what you bring up for black people not thinking about politics. So if someone is a life long republican, or a life long democrat are they too "without a thought in their head" when in the voting booth? They aren't changing their vote. You saying other people aren't thinking is just funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    I think this comes down to the same reason as many other groups defining themselves with one political party or another.

People who are Black, more often than not, perceive one of the political parties as on their side and another as not on their side.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I was hoping you'd respond to this

but you didn't and now consistency in voting is what you bring up for black people not thinking about politics. So if someone is a life long republican, or a life long democrat are they too "without a thought in their head" when in the voting booth? They aren't changing their vote. You saying other people aren't thinking is just funny.
    He won't respond to this because it's to logical and he would have to admitt he was wrong about blacks. That would be to much for him to bear. This is a guy who lied about being black to fake outrage at poster.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-22-2012 at 12:31 PM.

vCash

Or opinion is that one party happens to neglect them and is opposite on issues that would benefit them. But, you know, whatever makes you sleep well at night...

vCash
    Yeah, everything's racist, right? Ha ha!! My god, you people are a stitch.
    No, not everything, just you.

I wish I could say Hahaha, you're a stitch too, you know, if we were back in the 1930's where folks talked like that. But somehow, for some not so funny reason, I find your racist posts not funny. Because, well, they're racist, and racism just ain't a stitch, ya know? Oh, that's right- you don't.

And I have been on record in this forum for years complaining about when the racism argument is incorrectly applied. Here, with you, its spot on.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    No, not everything, just you.

I wish I could say Hahaha, you're a stitch too, you know, if we were back in the 1930's where folks talked like that. But somehow, for some not so funny reason, I find your racist posts not funny. Because, well, they're racist, and racism just ain't a stitch, ya know? Oh, that's right- you don't.

And I have been on record in this forum for years complaining about when the racism argument is incorrectly applied. Here, with you, its spot on.
    Sometimes I want to fly to Kabul and shake your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    I suspect that much of the black vote goes to the Democratic party due to it being the party of large government. As with many immigrant classes in America's past, Irish, Italian, etc, some of the first jobs obtain is through government employment. It took awhile, but the latest group that has found employment with government agencies has been black Americans.

One item that might be problematic for the Democrats and a continued solid black vote in the future is that black Americans are moving away from government jobs. For example, there was a recent article about black females finding success in starting their own businesses, and in the professional world.

"Black Women Lead Shift To A Post-Blue World"

http://blogs.the-american-interest.c...st-blue-world/

snippet:

Between the travails of the U.S. Postal Service and the slower shrinkage of the public sector at the state and local level, the dependence of African Americans on government and quasi-government employment will create problems as both wages and employment in the public sector come under pressure.
    But there is also some good news from the female half of the community. A piece in the Washington Post analyzes a recent survey which finds Black women doing well in nearly all conceivable metrics. As increasing numbers of Black women enter the professional world, they are beginning to close the the earnings gap between themselves and their white peers. And the good news goes beyond the monetary: the survey finds Black women to be more ambitious, more religious, and more optimistic about their future than many other groups, with a strong understanding of the value of hard work and achievement.
    Condoleezza Rice, in other words, is not alone.
    One very interesting finding: more and more Black women are setting up as entrepreneurs. According to census bureau figures, 900,000 businesses are owned by Black women, a sharp expansion in recent years. Moving from bureaucracy to business is necessary to success in the 21st century; that so many Black women have figured this out and are acting accordingly is excellent news...

Additionally, government jobs are not as secure as they used to be. The Post Office is a good example of our changing work environment.

"Post Office Problems for Blacks"

http://blogs.the-american-interest.c...ms-for-blacks/

excerpt:

Just as they were for the Irish and Italian immigrants of the early twentieth century, government jobs have been an important ladder to the middle class for generations of Black Americans. As one of the largest and most venerable public-sector programs, the Postal Service has long been one of the largest and most effective of these ladders. With the USPS now considering massive cuts, it will likely abdicate its role as a pathway out of urban poverty for Blacks. The Chicago Tribune discusses the change:...

vCash
    Man this was a loaded thread. I live in Tucson and I talk to a lot of my Mexicans friends here about politics and the majority of them are Democrats. We discuss a lot of issues, like how I have always seen the Mexican culture as being very strong family oriented, religious and hard working. A lot of the values that the Republican Party stands for. Some of the answers that I get from them are that their families always voted Democrat or they brought up immigration issues. Which is understandable. A lot of times I hear from them that they think the GOP is a racists party. I usually follow with a question to them "Do I look or act racist?" While I will never say that there isn't any angry old white men in our Party, but you need to look at the Democrats as well. There are racist blacks (Black Panthers) and latinos (La Raza) that will in no way vote GOP. I don't think it's fair to say only racists vote GOP.

Now, why do Blacks vote Democrat? I have no clue. I'm happy to see great black Republicans coming out like Allen West, Mia Love, Michael Steele, Condie Rice, CL Bryant, Herman Cain, etc and pushing out the message. Also minority leaders like Bobby Jindah and Gov Haley who are also big names in the party I am hoping that it will change the image of the party. A party that I know may have a few racist voters, but don't represent the party. Just like the Democrats have theirs. I guess if you keep saying it enough some people will believe it. There is an article on Townhall right now that says the attack on Obama's "you didn't build that" comment has a racist tone to it. Come on really? I also have a few black friends who do vote Republican and they give me their take on it as well when we talk politics and to why they vote Republican. Reasons, that me saying it as a non-black, would probably be called racist. But I can understand what they are saying and see where they are coming from.

But I will agree, though I do not like this President, and have been called racist for not voting for him, even though I didn't vote for Kerry, Edwards, or Clinton, he is still the President of the Untied States. With a Republican yelling "Liar" during the state of the union, will not help us change that image that blacks already have of this party. That was uncalled. You still need to respect the office even if you don't the man.

But here is a follow on question I have to this one, if anyone wants to answer. Why do blacks vote Democrat when the major urban cities they live in are controlled by Democrats, like Detriot. There is no Republican influence in this city whats so ever. It's all Democrats and the black community suffers, in proverty, education and violence. Why doesn't the Democrats feel some of the pain on this issue? I don't see how this is a Republicans fault......

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast