Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 184 of 184
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Back to the original topic of the thread... here's a reason why minorities might not wish to be part of the republican party.
    http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...a-chants-video
    That is an odd clip. It looks like some in the audience were shouting something different, if you read the lips.

    Odd, because she hadn't even started talking yet. And you hear a chant before the USA chant. I can't make it out.

    It's possible that they were angry at her because she is from Puerto Rico. Or for some political reason related to Puerto Rico. Maybe they want Puerto Rico to be a state. Maybe they don't. Maybe something along those lines. I'm not sure where the Democratic and Republican parties break down on Puerto Rico becoming a state.

    But it's pretty common at political events, that when someone in the crowd starts chanting something the crowd doesn't like, they'll shout them down with some other chant. For example Obama crowds will use "Yes We Can" over and over again if someone starts shouting something.

    So, the two explanations that seem most likely to me are that either; someone in the crowd started chanting something, only to be shouted down by USA. Or the crowd was making some statement about what they think of Puerto Rico.

    But, this is purely my speculation from watching the clip. I don't know any of the backstory. So I may be completely wrong.
    Last edited by gcoll; 09-03-2012 at 12:11 AM.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    See this is the kind of thing I love to hear. I know of people of all races who have lost Jobs, Some sit and complain, others go find another one. Those that refuse to go on welfare usually vote republican.

    My dad was an air traffic controller in 1980. Making over 100K a year to support 9 kids. He was fired by the President when they went on strike. The next day he was working at a Gas station down the street from our home. He worked as a late night book keeper at a nightclub, he delivered newspapers to stores, he even drove a school bus. All jobs seemingly below his previous paygrade, but he had responsibilities.
    My dad never took one cent from any kind of Welfare. He made it work. He went on to manage then own his own restaurant. somewhere along the line he and my Mom were Foster parents for over 20 kids and even adopted 4 of them. The two most recent adoptions were this past tuesday. Their new sons are 14 and 17. My Parents are 76 and 78.
    Two kids with no home, Birth parents jailed 8 years ago, and now they have a family. My dad still collects NO WELFARE. That is what we do in this country.


    90% of African Americans are also 100% opposed to same sex marriage, that never seems to be brought up either.
    Love your story and perspective. Those on the left will never compliment your dad's perseverance because it goes against what keeps them in power - by keeping the oppressed down. There is no excuse not to get your *** in gear. There are opportunities everywhere and waving the white flag in the face of any adversity is not what made this country great. The blacks have run out of excuses as we have had a black Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State and President in recent years. The barriers are there if you choose to find them. Choose to ignore them and you will see opportunity.

    I don't get your same sex point but I believe that is deeply rooted in religion. It's interesting that this doesn't sway their vote in the least.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 09-03-2012 at 12:46 AM.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Welfare should be there to give people a hand and RISE above poverty. Not give them a hand and keep them down.
    Think of the poor neighborhoods. If you are on welfare, would it be so hard to clean your front porch? Plant a small flower garden?, volunteer at the school?
    Or should you just do nothing and still get food stamps?
    This country needs a kick in the rear.
    What you say makes perfect sense. How does this happen? Wisconsin is a model for the success of welfare reform but how do we make this widespread? How can this be taught? You have generations of welfare recipients who know nothing else. In their minds, this is an entitlement and they won't let go. They don't even know what else is out there and have never experienced the pride and satisfaction of earning something and keeping it. Skills, education, independence - these cannot be taken away and can be passed on to future generations.

    It's hard to stop this vicious cycle of dependence that is pandered by our democrats to keep them in power. That party truly disgusts me and I wish they were above this because many of their ideals are good. Shame on you, democrats. You're not helping anyone.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,710
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    That is an odd clip. It looks like some in the audience were shouting something different, if you read the lips.

    Odd, because she hadn't even started talking yet. And you hear a chant before the USA chant. I can't make it out.

    It's possible that they were angry at her because she is from Puerto Rico. Or for some political reason related to Puerto Rico. Maybe they want Puerto Rico to be a state. Maybe they don't. Maybe something along those lines. I'm not sure where the Democratic and Republican parties break down on Puerto Rico becoming a state.

    But it's pretty common at political events, that when someone in the crowd starts chanting something the crowd doesn't like, they'll shout them down with some other chant. For example Obama crowds will use "Yes We Can" over and over again if someone starts shouting something.

    So, the two explanations that seem most likely to me are that either; someone in the crowd started chanting something, only to be shouted down by USA. Or the crowd was making some statement about what they think of Puerto Rico.

    But, this is purely my speculation from watching the clip. I don't know any of the backstory. So I may be completely wrong.
    Yeah I was confused and wasn't going to post it... I was like what the hell is this. But then the host of the convention comes in and tells convention goers to give her some respect... which did lead me to believe they were shouting her down.

    So I looked into it more. All conservative outlets have a bit about Paul supporters protesting the reports... and being shouted down. The progressive outlets not so sure about that. Because I'm inclined to agree with the conservatives on this one... I am going to adjust the original post.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •