Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Projected West Standings

Now that it's July 11th and teams can consummate trades and signings. Where do you see the west lining up next year?

Last Years Standings:
    1. Spurs
    2. OKC
    3. Lakers
    4. Clippers
    5. Grizzzzzzzz
    6. Thuggets
    7. Dallas
    8. Jazz
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I personally see Dallas falling out of the top 8. They really havent improved there team at all, lost on the DWill sweepstakes.

1. OKC
    2. Lakers
    3. Spurs
    4. Jazz
    5. Grizz
    6. Clippers
    7. T-Wolves
    8. Thuggets

9. Dallas
    10. Rockets
    11. GSW
    12. NOH
    13. Suns
    14. Kings
    15. Portland

With the amount of talent that the t-Wolves are putting around Love I see them getting in the playoffs easy. The Thuggets have only inked Miller and McGee to deals (we'll see if Portland trys to **** denver with McGee) and the Grizz remain the same. The Clippers still have CP3 and BG, but lost a lot of shooting power with Nick Young and Mo. Though having Odom back will help, but he still might be a headcase. Spurs are the spurs, Lakers obviously, and OKC obviously.
    Last edited by Jumba; 07-11-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    1. okc
    2. grizz
    3. jazz
    4. clippers
    5. spurs
    6. lakers
    7. twimps
    8. dallas

dallas and denver, i think, will be in by default. look at everyone who was close this last year and missed out by a small handful of games: phoenix, houston, portland and minnesota. phoenix and houston are scrapping their teams and starting over. minnesota has made some good deals and look to improve, and portland hasn't done much and didn't draft particularly well. everyone else sucks and have no hope this year. few teams in the west are significantly improving, and the great teams are staying put. utah has done the best, imo, of any middling team at getting better. the grizz is so high because they had the same problems we had- being young. another year and the team largely intact will accelerate their progression.

EDIT: i forgot that the division winners are guaranteed no lower than 4th seed. i've been thinking the spurs were fixing to fade for the last 4 years now, and they haven't. this is their year. i think the lakers are going to do what they did a few years ago and underwhelm. clips are primed to take the next step, imo, and they'll take the division. i think the grizz have arrived and okc will maintain their status quo a year wiser. i see a changing of the guard with grizz and utah taking the place of spurs and lakers sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 07-11-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    1. OKC
    2. Lakers
    3. Spurs
    4. Jazz
    5. T-Wolves
    6. Clippers
    7. Thuggets
    8. Grizz

Top 3 are pretty much set in my book. 4-8 are going to be in for a fight til the end as I think they are all very close in talent. I think the Jazz at 4 because they grew a lot last year and as a team are getting better (plus they're the Jazz and I want them with Home Court Advantage). Grizz are good, but I don't think they are getting better as a team like the rest of the Playoff Contenders are and I don't think they're all that deep. T-Wolves could be tough if Rubio gets back to full strength and Love doesn't cause a stir in the locker room. Clippers are so-so and will be the same team as last year... at best. Thuggets are a wild card with good talent and more importantly a great coach. They could be as high as #4. I am bound to wonder about GS... With Bogut and Curry healthy with their second year guy (I forget his name) they could be a surprising team. I guess they are 8th until All Star break before they decide to tank (Weiners). Dallas is a sinking ship and will be for a couple of years or until they trade Dirk. Phoenix will be decent, but will still be in the lottery. Houston...HAHAHA. Will be interesting if they can land Dwight.

vCash
    I still see with the Rockets, if they land dwight will have to tape together a team around him.

PG:????
    SG: Martin (if he's left)
    SF:???
    PF: Scola
    C: Howard
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    1. OKC
    2. spurs
    3. lakers
    4. clippers
    5. Grizzlies
    6. nuggets
    7. jazz
    8. timberwolves

1-4 is interchangeable but they are the 4 best teams baring injury or some surprise. I think the grizz can move to the top 4 with some good health. I then see a gap to the next spots with it down to nuggets, jazz, mavs, and the timberwolves. I see the warriors having a slim shot at the playoffs if bogut and curry can stay completely healthy and Harrison is a rookie stud. other then I don't see an really contenders although there will be team that comes out of nowhere

vCash
    1. OKC (could fall anywhere from 1-3)
    2. Lakers (from 1-4)
    3. Spurs (1-4)
    4. Clippers (2-5)
    5. Grizzlies (4-6)
    6. Jazz (5-9)
    7. Nuggets (5-9)
    8. T-Wolves (6-10)

vCash
    1) Thunder
    2) Lakers
    3) Spurs
    4) Memphis
    5) Clippers
    6) Warriors
    7) Nuggets
    8) Jazz/Timber-wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    I dont see how the Clippers can be in the top 4 seed. I think they lost too much of that streaky shooting that made them dangerous. They're back ups are what... Bledsoe, Odom, Foye?

They lost Williams, Reggie Evans, Young and only added Odom..
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    1 okc
    2 lakers
    3 spurs
    4 jazz
    5 grizz
    6 t-wolves
    7 clippers
    8 nuggets

vCash
    1 okc
    2 spurs
    3 lakers
    4 clippers
    5 grizz
    6 Jazz
    7 wolves
    8 nuggets
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    I know you guys hate the Warriors, but seriously, not one person has put them in the playoffs.

Curry-Jack-Jenkins
    Thompson-Rush
    Barnes-Jefferson-Green
    Lee-Hill/Jamison/Landry-Tyler
    Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

That team is stacked, and is 12 deep.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    I know you guys hate the Warriors, but seriously, not one person has put them in the playoffs.

Curry-Jack-Jenkins
    Thompson-Rush
    Barnes-Jefferson-Green
    Lee-Hill/Jamison/Landry-Tyler
    Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

That team is stacked, and is 12 deep.
    injuries, youth, and inexperience. first off bogut is always injury prone and curry was injured all of last season so you don't know what they can bring. you have a rookie starting, and a 2nd year player. also, you have culture of losing and that can be hard to brake. I did say if things brake your way you could sneak in, but it would take alot of luck. also tbh I think there are just better teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    injuries, youth, and inexperience. first off bogut is always injury prone and curry was injured all of last season so you don't know what they can bring. you have a rookie starting, and a 2nd year player. also, you have culture of losing and that can be hard to brake. I did say if things brake your way you could sneak in, but it would take alot of luck. also tbh I think there are just better teams
    Regrading Curry & Bogut:

When it comes to the Warriors and injuries, no news is good news.

And for Warriors fans, they just got a little bit of both this week. Warriors general manager Bob Myers said that center Andrew Bogut took the next step in his rehabilitation process recently and will be ready for the start of training camp.

Ditto for guard Stephen Curry, who missed of most last season with ankle issues.

Of course, the Warriors have been saying all along that Bogut and Curry would be ready for training camp. But after the season Golden State had in 2011-12, it makes sense to stress the positive and to keep the updates coming.

“The news is he’s on schedule,” Myers said of Bogut. “It’s going as it should and he’ll be ready for camp. He’ll be in L.A. doing normal rehab, and then going back to Australia and coming back (to the Bay Area) in early September.

Bogut met with Dr. Richard Ferkel earlier this week and was told his fractured left ankle was making good progress.

Curry is also on schedule, according to Myers. Curry was expected to join his teammates in Las Vegas this week, but is staying in Charlotte for the birth of his first child.
    Regarding Barnes:

I know he's a rookie, but he's the most polished rookie in the draft, and I think he can step in and give us 15 points per game from the get go, and if he struggles we have Jefferson who can step in & start.

Regarding Inexperience:

I really wouldn't say were inexperienced anymore. Richard Jefferson, Jarrett Jack, David Lee, & Andrew Bogut are all seasoned veterans. We have guys like Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, & Harrison Barnes who are still young, but they all are high character guys, with high basketball I.Q's.

Regarding "Better Teams":

I really don't see how there are eight teams that are better than the Warriors. I would say clear-cut, their are five. Those five would be the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, Clippers, & Grizzlies. After that you have teams like the Warriors, Mavericks, Nuggets, & Jazz , and out of that group I would say the Warriors are the best.

vCash
    Regrading Curry & Bogut:

Regarding Barnes:

I know he's a rookie, but he's the most polished rookie in the draft, and I think he can step in and give us 15 points per game from the get go, and if he struggles we have Jefferson who can step in & start.

Regarding Inexperience:

I really wouldn't say were inexperienced anymore. Richard Jefferson, Jarrett Jack, David Lee, & Andrew Bogut are all seasoned veterans. We have guys like Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, & Harrison Barnes who are still young, but they all are high character guys, with high basketball I.Q's.

Regarding "Better Teams":

I really don't see how there are eight teams that are better than the Warriors. I would say clear-cut, their are five. Those five would be the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, Clippers, & Grizzlies. After that you have teams like the Warriors, Mavericks, Nuggets, & Jazz , and out of that group I would say the Warriors are the best.
    yes they will be ready for camp, but they are still injury prone. 15ppg? that is a really high goal that you will probably be disappointed. very few rookies score that well and most of the time they are the first or second pick. as for expierience how many of those guys have been to the playoffs? i see bogut has once, lee never has, jefferson has experience but he isn't very good anymore, and jack has been there once as well. as for the teams that are better okc, clippers, lakers, spurs, and grizzlies. Also, I thnk the nuggets are better. they are 38 win team last year that is bringing everyone back and most of that talent is young and is going to get better. so that is 6 teams. then if the mavs can a get a few more pieces they will be better and the jazz are bringing in a improvement at sf with marvin williams and the in house improvement of hayward, favors, and burks should be enough to at least be pushing the 8th seed. that doesn't even include the timberwolves who might bring in batum to a core of love, pekovic and lots of young talent that played pretty well last year. I will say though that if you were in the east you would have a pretty good shot, but the west is so much better right now

Also, and finally since this is my last response. you are trolling a jazz forum did you really expect non biased answers? I bet if I go to your forum alot of your posters would have them ranked as high as you are.
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 07-12-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast