Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 85 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2250
    vCash
    If we had LeBron or Durant, it would be smart to pay Pekovic a max. But he's a center, he needs a good team around him to play well. Otherwise his talents don't worth a ****. Something like Kirilenko or Rubio.

With that said, I hope Love gets back to his old self next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    he is goign to cost near to 14 or 15 million.
    and bout rubio and shved, dont you have malcom lee too?
    First of all Lee is injured long term and has not been able to stay healthy for over a month. Secondly he has not proven that even healthy he is something more than a third choice off the bench. Also he is a SG so who is going to play PG?
    Dear God guys remember all the Cs we had? I don't want go through this again. And Gasol is not a long term solution. If you offer 12m to Pek now he will sign IMO.

vCash
    Pek is not going to sign now regardless of how much he is offered(reasonable). If you read between the lines - he wants to test the market. His play this year tells me that he is easily worth 13 million, but I have a huge fear that he'll regress to the mean once he signs - so many players play well in their contract year only to go back to their previous uninspiring performances. All in all, if we can trade him for a nice long-term piece to the puzzle - i'd do it.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    We missed our chance to extend Pekovic before he hits RFA. I can for sure see Portland trying to stick it to us. Why? Oh, we made them pay all NBA money to Batum, they had to pay out of pocket $45-50 million for Roy instead of insurance paying the minute he played, and we are still trying to settle the Webster trade. If they offer Pekovic 4 years, $58 million for instance, we should let him walk.

It just sucks. We take a step back, with the clock ticking on the Love potential opt-out.

I am beginning to believe this team will not be that good while Kahn is at the helm.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Hey Guys, long time observer, first time poster.

I gotta say, this season is incredibly upsetting but we HAVE to do something right now cos we all know, we cannot draft so a high lottery pick means little to me.

We have so many options but we don't seem to do anything, in the case of bringing Pau here I say we don't do it. What we need is a defensive center, a scoring shooting guard and/or a guard in the mold of Courtney Lee or Wes Matthews. Both good perimeter defenders who can nail the three.

I propose we trade Ridnour for Lee straight up or
    Williams and Amundson for Matthews and
    BRoy for Anthony Morrow

We would have a perimeter defender and scorer in Matthews and Lee and a flat scorer with Morrow. Its a pain to lose Roy but who are we kidding he is doing nothing here so Atlanta could use his contract as an expiring. As for Lee, he really doesnt get as much plaing time as he should get( ok that has increased now with Rondo out) and in our system, he would be allowed to shoot alot more. I like Ridnour but he is not a starter and he could cover for Rondo whilst he is out. We have to do something!

For centre, it really is tough. I love Pek but he really can't defend, we should try to trade him for someone who at least tries to challenge shots in the paint. Ok, he is an offensive piece and If we do get a shooter like Morrow, it may make the game easier for him but paying him 12M a season plus to do what, score 16 points a game whilst playing lucksture defence? I don't think so or maybe I am being harsh.
    Of course the dream would be to trade for Lee, trade for Morrow and get Dwight Howard by giving up Williams, Barea, Pek and picks but that is a fantasy.
    First things first, lets go out there and get a good shooting guard who can light it up and make it known, getting Pau here will be a terrible terrible decision.

Lets shake it up!

vCash
    Welcome Malik to the forum. While the players you mention make sense and they are players we have talked about, I don't know if their teams would accept those offers. On the other hand I may be wrong.

vCash
    Is anyone else glad that Gasol got hurt. Now hopefully we are no longer looking to trade for him.

I do hope however that we are looking at a 2 guard or at least a better shooter.

I would take Kris Humphries if he is available cheap. He is a poor mans Kevin Love.

I love the anthony Morrow talk. He would fit nice. Coutney Lee for Ridnour I think would work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Malik-323 View Post
    Hey Guys, long time observer, first time poster.

I gotta say, this season is incredibly upsetting but we HAVE to do something right now cos we all know, we cannot draft so a high lottery pick means little to me.

We have so many options but we don't seem to do anything, in the case of bringing Pau here I say we don't do it. What we need is a defensive center, a scoring shooting guard and/or a guard in the mold of Courtney Lee or Wes Matthews. Both good perimeter defenders who can nail the three.

I propose we trade Ridnour for Lee straight up or
    Williams and Amundson for Matthews and
    BRoy for Anthony Morrow

We would have a perimeter defender and scorer in Matthews and Lee and a flat scorer with Morrow. Its a pain to lose Roy but who are we kidding he is doing nothing here so Atlanta could use his contract as an expiring. As for Lee, he really doesnt get as much plaing time as he should get( ok that has increased now with Rondo out) and in our system, he would be allowed to shoot alot more. I like Ridnour but he is not a starter and he could cover for Rondo whilst he is out. We have to do something!

For centre, it really is tough. I love Pek but he really can't defend, we should try to trade him for someone who at least tries to challenge shots in the paint. Ok, he is an offensive piece and If we do get a shooter like Morrow, it may make the game easier for him but paying him 12M a season plus to do what, score 16 points a game whilst playing lucksture defence? I don't think so or maybe I am being harsh.
    Of course the dream would be to trade for Lee, trade for Morrow and get Dwight Howard by giving up Williams, Barea, Pek and picks but that is a fantasy.
    First things first, lets go out there and get a good shooting guard who can light it up and make it known, getting Pau here will be a terrible terrible decision.

Lets shake it up!

Welcome to the forum. Lee, and Morrow have been brought up. Matthews is alright, I believe he gets a bit overrated on this board because he slaughters us every time we play. Lee isn't having that good of a year, but Adelman uses him differently, and Lee gets better results out of the corner offense. I think anyone here would flip Roy for Morrow in a nanosecond, he is one of the best three point shooters in the game, and would be ideal to throw in the corner for Rubio/Shved skip passes.

I stated before. 2 things about Pekovic. He is a better defender than people give him credit for, but he is not a high flying shot blocker, no doubt. He plays much better with a healthy Rubio and a healthy Love. Love drags a big out of the paint at all times, versus Pek having to deal with a clogged lane right now, and we all know he likes to put the ball on the floor before he shoots, and with a clogged lane, its hurting him. Rubio makes him a lot better as well, and Ricky is just rounding out into shape now.

The problem is, if we move Pekovic, where are we getting any interior scoring from with Love out? If anything, do a SnT this summer if we really want to upgrade with athleticism up front.

Welcome to the forum dude. Love the name

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Come on man. If you were in our position would you do it? Why would we give you a top 5 PF for a bunch of role players?
    lets rephrase that, why would we trade the BEST pf in the league for role players lol

vCash
    How bout a 3 way trade like this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9dxx37

MIN gets: Eric Gordon, Robin Lopez
    MIN gives: Nikola Pekovic, Derrick Williams, JJ Barea, Protected 1st round pick.
    Minnesota gets Gordon to go with Love and Rubio, and Lopez as a defensive big man. Pekovic could easily be out of their price range this offseason, Williams is blocked by Love.

NOP gets: DeMarcus Cousins, Derrick Williams, JJ Barea, Jimmer Fredette
    NOP gives: Eric Gordon, Austin Rivers, Robin Lopez
    New Orleans now has the best young big man duo in the league with Davis and Cousins. Williams and Fredette are also nice young pieces to go with Davis, Cousins, Aminu, Vasquez.

SAC gets: Nikola Pekovic, Austin Rivers, Protected MIN 1st round pick
    SAC gives: DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmer Fredette
    The Kings move on from Cousins and get a center that is still going to produce at a high level. Rivers looks like he needs a change of scenery and replaces Fredette. The first round pick is another valuable piece. All in all a fresh start for the Kings.

Lineup:
    PG: Ricky Rubio/Luke Ridnour/Alexy Shved
    SG: Eric Gordon/Alexy Shved/Chase Budinger
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko/Chase Budinger/Mickael Gelabale
    PF: Kevin Love/Dante Cunningham/Chris Johnson
    C: Robin Lopez/Greg Stiemsma

vCash
    Not the worst trade idea, but i would rather pay Pek 10-12 mil than 13.7 to an injury prone Gordon...

vCash
    What do you guys think of this trade it's not a large one but I think it's interesting because it sounds like Utah is interested in Ridenour.

Minnesota Gets Alec Burks and Jeremy Evans

Utah Gets Luke Ridenour

or

Minnesota Gets Raja Bell and Jeremy Evans

Utah Gets Luke Ridenour

vCash
    I personally like the first one because we get Alec Burks who could be a nice swing player the second one is good to because we add a hard nosed defender that can shoot in Raja Bell. I liked Burks at Colorado and would love to get him especially since it sounds like we are going to buy out Brandon Roy.

vCash
    Nm
    Last edited by IowaAJ; 02-08-2013 at 01:29 PM.

vCash
    Nm