Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 150 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimKid View Post
    Is there anyway to find out the amount of Atlanta's TPE?
    it's for $5 million.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I am second guessing at whether you can acquire a TPE in a trade where you don't send money out now.

Need the details.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I think the media just like putting the Wolves name in everything just to torture us!
    I see nothing in this post that mentions us.

"The makeover of the Atlanta Hawks has taken an interesting turn.

As new general manager Danny Ferry unloaded Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams, it appeared that the roster was being blown up for a rebuilding project. Instead, it appears the Hawks just wanted to move some pieces.

The Bulls are sending Kyle Korver, pending a physical, to the Hawks, the Chicago Tribune is reporting. What it's in exchange for is yet to be determined. It could be a future draft pick or it could be a sign-and-trade for Kirk Hinrich. The Hawks are absorbing Korver into the trade exception created in the Joe Johnson deal.

The Bulls have already reportedly agreed to a deal with Hinrich and moved Korver to make room for him.

The Hawks clearly aren't content with a total rebuilding project and are looking to restructure the roster while remaining competitive. After signing Lou Williams, the Hawks have added a marksman in Korver who will space the floor and strengthen their bench.

The Bulls had until Sunday to either guarantee Korver's $5 million option for 2012-13 or waive him and pay Korver $500,000. Unloading him was probably necessary, but he's played a big role for Chicago adding a shooter on the perimeter for Derrick Rose.

Korver 8.1 points and 2.4 rebounds in 22.6 minutes per game while shooting 43.2 percent from the floor."

By Royce Young | NBA Blogger

vCash
    "Brad Miller has been traded to the Hornets, along with two future second round picks, for a future conditional second round pick.
    Miller is expected to retire, but this move frees up some additional cap space for the Timberwolves so they can officially extend their offer sheet to Nicolas Batum. "

Per Rotoworld

vCash
    T-Wolves shouldn't be afraid to trade for Iggy if they do go to plan B. I think what Iggy never had was really a point guard who is like Ricky Rubio that is able to create plays for Iggy. Iggy's number the last couple years are down but I believe Ricky Rubio will help Iggy numbers go back up again with his court vision passing to Iggy. Ricky Rubio helps his teammate in a numbers of way to help them be a better player. That's why I believe trading for Iggy wouldn't be a huge problem at all. Iggy and his big contract that remains is definity worth it in my opinions. The guy is a great defender, very good at stealing the ball, and average over 5 assist and 5 rebound the last 5-6 years for a shooting guard. If the T-Wolves do acquire Iggy the T-Wolves will be one of the better passing team with Ricky Rubio, Iggy, and Kevin Love.

vCash
    someone please explain what we got out of the Korver trade. Most sites have the Bulls trading him to the Hawks "through" us, and us giving up a second rounder. WTF did we get back?
    the greatest inequality is the equal treatment of unequal people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpagemn View Post
    someone please explain what we got out of the Korver trade. Most sites have the Bulls trading him to the Hawks "through" us, and us giving up a second rounder. WTF did we get back?
    TPE - we can trade for a player worth $5M or thereabouts I think without sending out a player and we can be over the cap doing it.

That is my understanding of it, akin to the Lamar Odom deal where the Lakers have an $8M TPE where they can simply take on a player without trading anyone.

My question is whether we can use it to get Jordan Hill/would we be able to pay him more than the Lakers in a S&T? Say: we use up our cap on Batum, use our mid-level on Roy, can we use this exceptiong to get Hill and pay him $4M (Lakers can only offer $3.something)?

vCash
    Am I missing something or does this deal with Korver mean that we have already made another deal that this deal facilitates. Why else would we have facilitated the Korver trade and gave up a pick doing it?

vCash
    I came out of the shitter and my friend said we traded williams and pek for batum and I about flipped ****.. i didn't believe him at first so i had to hop on here and check.. what a ******

anyway just read that batum will sign by sunday night...?? why not now??

vCash
    ^it takes 48 hrs for webster to clear waivers and clear his salary out - batum will sign at 5pm on sun and blazers will have until next wednesday - it is all going to be ok twolves fans, if not batum we have cap space for iggy

vCash
    yeah but **** im tired of waiting lol

vCash
    Until the full details of the Korver trade are released, we can't explain anything. It obviously created more space financially whether it was cap space, or the ability to take a trade while being over.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...-atlanta-hawks

Don't really understand why the T-Wolves will help 2 teams finalize a trade when they don't get crap back...

The teams needed the Minnesota Timberwolves to facilitate the deal, which will save the Bulls $500,000 and net either a second-round draft pick and player exception or a player with a small contract from the Wolves, the Chicago Tribune reported.

vCash
    OK, so if, technically speaking, we traded a second rounder for korver, then traded korver to atlanta without taking anything back, we get a TPE equal to his salary?
    So the trade looks like:
    Bulls pay 500k for a second rounder and cap space
    Atlanta gets Korver
    Wolves get TPE for second rounder
    Is that right?
    the greatest inequality is the equal treatment of unequal people.

vCash
    This is all such a mess...who has the ******* remote? Can we plz fast foward to next week?

Page 7 of 150 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast