Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    And probably the fact that he knows the system plays a factor.
    But does he know the system? Wasn't he traded prior to last season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWolvesFan View Post
    Not impressed with the signing in the least but I think they were looking for a guy who could play SF and SG to provide some depth behind Shved and AK.
    I would rather have Williams back them up then Hayward. Williams play more aggressive and that can be the key to help our bench. Hayward for the year he play for us, he seems slow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeVo7 View Post
    I would rather have Williams back them up then Hayward. Williams play more aggressive and that can be the key to help our bench. Hayward for the year he play for us, he seems slow.
    Williams can't back up the 2 though (some would even say the 3), they were looking for a swingman.

vCash
    I see rumors that it would take at least Williams+1st rounder to pry Reddick from Orlando. What picks do we have and do we really do this trade without a verbal agreement that he is staying put?

Sources say the Wolves are big fans of Orlando's J.J. Redick.

An unrestricted free agent this summer, the indication is he's going somewhere. The Wolves are the worst 3-point shooting team in the NBA, so Redick is an obvious fit.

It'd take forward Derrick Williams, plus a future first-round pick just to get into the discussion. There will be plenty of teams after Redick.

The best bet is that Kahn does something, but it may not be until the week, or even the day of the deadline.
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/T...r_trades010313

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Williams and a first rounder is too much for Redick, even if he were not just a half season rental.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Williams and a first rounder is too much for Redick, even if he were not just a half season rental.
    Is it? I am not sure. I would do it I think...
    Anyways I am not sure these speculations of interest are true or media creations.

vCash
    Well, both 1st rounders we have this year(ours and the Grizzlies) are bound to be out of the lottery, so the question is, do you really think we can pick up anyone that would be able to step in the next two years at pick 19-20 with our draft history? I agree on the overpayment part, but if we actually get Reddick and a commitment for a few years(not sure how much he is going to cost) this will definitely help big time in the short term. I guess I would do that, since these picks are not going to be great and we haven't been able to pick the right person even when we had good picks.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Well, both 1st rounders we have this year(ours and the Grizzlies) are bound to be out of the lottery, so the question is, do you really think we can pick up anyone that would be able to step in the next two years at pick 19-20 with our draft history? I agree on the overpayment part, but if we actually get Reddick and a commitment for a few years(not sure how much he is going to cost) this will definitely help big time in the short term. I guess I would do that, since these picks are not going to be great and we haven't been able to pick the right person even when we had good picks.
    Bud / Reddick / Shved will be really good at SG. Able scorers, good fit to our system and not slouchers at D as well. I wonder if we can afford it though.

vCash
    Throw in ridnour also if they really want. I'd be willing to part with on of our first round picks.

vCash
    Jesus Christ...

Williams, Ridnour and a first rounder for a solid SG, whos contract would be up in about 40 games after we trade for him?

That is asinine.

vCash
    Rudy Gay is on the trading block, according to sources.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Jesus Christ...

Williams, Ridnour and a first rounder for a solid SG, whos contract would be up in about 40 games after we trade for him?

That is asinine.
    Let's leave Ridnour for the moment out of this. If there was a commitment to sign would you do it?
    Anyway I was looking at the rumors on which players we are interested. It seems that Reddick, Varejao and Gasol are our targets and we would be interested if Oden wants to make a return. Don't know what the FO is planning. Could it be that we want to make a frontcourt of Love,Varejao and Gasol (with Cunningham from the bench)? That would mean Pek would leave. Even if Taylor overpays that's a lot of money.

vCash
    If we are trading Dwill and a first to Orlando, I'd want Afflalo. JJ is a nice player, but lets be honest in how good he really is. He is a very good shooter, decent passer, but can he really create for himself? He's an average defender (tries hard, but that doesnt equal good) and is going to probably cost between 6 and 8 mil.

Rudy Gays name always pops up, and while there are alot of flaws in Gay's game he is a guy who can fill it up. Thats something we simply dont have right now. I so badly do not want this team to be completely reliant on Rubio for shots. There comes a time when you need a guy to create a shot, and Gay is one of the best at it. He's a decent defender and is driven by the Olympic snub (in his opinion). I know we already have a good SF in AK, but I would take a long hard look at Rudy...plus the Gay-Love combo could make a fortune in tickets (or backfire with the ignorant folks)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    Rudy Gay is on the trading block, according to sources.
    And according to Grantland, the Timberwolves make a lot of sense for a Gay trade. They suggest a deal revolving around Kirilenko + something else for Gay. I love Kirilenko, but yes please.

vCash
    good lord. i will never understand the pau love frontcourt idea. or the Over value placed on Reddick.

you dont want to "overpay" pek so you get PAU 20some mill per year with bad knees (where have we seen bad knees before?)
    you want a shooter so you sell huge future assests for a guy who is under control for only the rest of this season. (since this is our "only chance to win")

just slow down Rubio isnt steve nash k-love isnt KG... this team's window isnt THIS YEAR OR BUST.