Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    vCash
    76ers wants to trade Wright for Barea. I say no to this trade but if the 76ers do reconsider I would take either Nick Young or J-Rich for Barea.

An NBA source claimed the Sixers have talked to the Timberwolves about swapping forward Dorell Wright for point guard J.J. Barea. phillyburbs.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman01 View Post
    76ers wants to trade Wright for Barea. I say no to this trade but if the 76ers do reconsider I would take either Nick Young or J-Rich for Barea.

An NBA source claimed the Sixers have talked to the Timberwolves about swapping forward Dorell Wright for point guard J.J. Barea. phillyburbs.com
    That trade would make zero sense to me...I mean, the margin of an upgrade that Dorell would bring, is so miniscule. If/when Roy returns to us, where does Dorell fall on SG depth with Shved and Roy? I would have to think that would be #3...and then, when Chase gets healthy...where does that put Dorell? This just sounds like wishful thinking from a Sixers fan/writer.

vCash
    No sleep, PJ?

vCash
    well i dont know if that trade is so stupid for us. first of all wrights in the last year of his contract if i'm not mistaking so that would give us a extra 4 and a half mil to help us resign pek and bud. also when\if everybody does get healthy, where does that put barea in the depth chart? as far as roy goes, at this point of his career I would like to see him play more point anyway because it's not likely he's going to be a great slasher. Plus roy always has sort of been a pg in a sg body. And lastly I'd rather keep ridnour then barea personally because ridnour is a better player with out the ball then barea is. That mean schved can keep the ball and play to his strength.

vCash
    When/If this team gets fully healthy, it is going to be hard to find minutes for a lot of players.

I believe from top to bottom we compete with the elite teams as far as talent on a roster. Its just going to be about giving each one a role on this team.

Rubio/Ridnour/Bareau
    Budinger/Roy/Shved
    Kirilenko/Howard/Cunningham
    Love/William/Amundson
    Pek/Steimsma

Definately some tradeable assets that could be moved. I would think JJ and Williams would be gone come February. I just have a bad feeling that if the Wolves give up on Williams he will succeed with the team that gets him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman01 View Post

I posted this on the previous page lol. But ya this makes no sense for us so I don't see any truth to this one.

vCash
    I guess Budinger can move to the 2 and Wright will play the 3? Wright is having a bad season too I wouldn't do this trade. Barea is also a far better bench role player then Wright which this trade makes no sense.

vCash
    Anyone expecting anything from Roy is setting themselves up for disappointment imo. If he gives us anything, its just gravy on top..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye15 View Post
    anyone expecting anything from roy is setting themselves up for disappointment imo. If he gives us anything, its just gravy on top..
    yup!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Anyone expecting anything from Roy is setting themselves up for disappointment imo. If he gives us anything, its just gravy on top..
    i expect 20/10/5

vCash
    Roy will anounce his retirement again. In the next coming weeks. Sadly I just have a feeling.

vCash
    Anderson Varejao? What would we give up?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Anderson Varejao? What would we give up?
    Why do we want him? Love and Pek are an elite frontcourt combo and perfect fits with Rubio. Why do we want to pay that much for a backup when Stiemsma and Cunningham already provide defense and energy off the bench.

I like AV but he just isn't a fit for us.

Love is taking a lot of heat for his comments but I agree with him somewhat. We built a young nucleaus and put pieces around it, now lets let that nucleaus (Rubio, Pek, and Love) all three be fully healthy with these pieces before we make any big move. I love our lineup with everybody healthy (not even including Bud or Roy). The one question is Shved, but I think he's earned the right to extend his run as our SG and see how he and Rubio fit together.

That being said I still really want a D-Dub for Redick or Affalo deal.
    Last edited by AP=MVP; 12-21-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Just because we have Pek and Love, does not mean we do not try to get a guy of Verajao's ability...and just because SG is a bigger need, does not mean we pass up on a guy of Varejao's ability. No team in the NBA could **** with a frontcourt rotation of Love/Pek/Anderson. It means a reduced role for Cunningham, who I love, but I would not care much about his reduced role, cause Varejao can beast. 35 minutes for Love, 33 for Pek, 28 for Anderson = 96 minutes that are allocated to a big man rotation in an NBA game. Derrick Williams and one of Cunningham/Stiemsma would probably get a deal done. DWill is pretty expensive, but Varejao is a tremendous player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Just because we have Pek and Love, does not mean we do not try to get a guy of Verajao's ability...and just because SG is a bigger need, does not mean we pass up on a guy of Varejao's ability. No team in the NBA could **** with a frontcourt rotation of Love/Pek/Anderson. It means a reduced role for Cunningham, who I love, but I would not care much about his reduced role, cause Varejao can beast. 35 minutes for Love, 33 for Pek, 28 for Anderson = 96 minutes that are allocated to a big man rotation in an NBA game. Derrick Williams and one of Cunningham/Stiemsma would probably get a deal done. DWill is pretty expensive, but Varejao is a tremendous player.
    If that would get it done then I'd be down, but I don't think it would.

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW