Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 58 of 150 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 2250
  1. #856
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    I agree I have a feeling thats not the case, and he was a bit angry about how he was treated after the injury and he took things to heart a bit too much....

    Another one that popped into my head... David Lee for Love. Even though I feel we lose in that deal we get a similar player.

    Lol I could do this all night!
    Wait, you would trade Love for Lee, but not Millsap and Favors?

  2. #857
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Wait, you would trade Love for Lee, but not Millsap and Favors?
    Your right that wasn't very well thought out. Lol I'm just thinking out loud. Clearly Millsap and Favors would be the better of the two. But like I said before, I would like to see us get someone along the lines of Gay or Smith if we were to actually trade him. Smith isn't always that good of a shooter but imagine him with Rubio, Gay with Rubio would be... words can't even describe it haha.

  3. #858
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    We have got to be able to get more than Favors and Millsap for love. I do like Favors upside but I am thinking of something more along the lines of like a Love for Rudy Gay or Josh Smith type deal.
    Those are mistake deals imo. If you're going to trade a top ten/all star type player; you want a high potential player, a pair of very good players or a swap of all-stars (say a SG for PF). Fringe all-stars aren't worth the money.

    You imagine Smith with Rubio, I imagine Favors with Rubio

    Favors would also fit well with Pek and Millsap depending upon whether you keep, trade, or let them go. Of course, I don't expect anything to happen for a couple years and I doubt Kahn thinks like me (for better or worse )

  4. #859
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Those are mistake deals imo. If you're going to trade a top ten/all star type player; you want a high potential player, a pair of very good players or a swap of all-stars (say a SG for PF). Fringe all-stars aren't worth the money.

    You imagine Smith with Rubio, I imagine Favors with Rubio

    Favors would also fit well with Pek and Millsap depending upon whether you keep, trade, or let them go. Of course, I don't expect anything to happen for a couple years and I doubt Kahn thinks like me (for better or worse )
    I see your point. I know what Gay can bring and we have somewhat of an idea of what Favors brings.
    Now it becomes who would you rather have.
    Rudy Gay at 25?
    Favors at 21?
    Personally I would take Gay idk thats just me. I guess breaking it down either option would be awesome. Actually I no longer have an argument lol.
    It comes down to personal preference.

  5. #860
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    I see your point. I know what Gay can bring and we have somewhat of an idea of what Favors brings.
    Now it becomes who would you rather have.
    Rudy Gay at 25?
    Favors at 21?
    Personally I would take Gay idk thats just me. I guess breaking it down either option would be awesome. Actually I no longer have an argument lol.
    It comes down to personal preference.
    I like the money and fit of Favors. You get another year of rookie deal and the chance to match on market value. Bigs always cost a bit more so that also helps Favors' cause in the argument. Finally, Favors fits well with a variety of personal as an athletic 4/5 shotblocker who doesn't need the ball to be effective.

  6. #861
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,396
    vCash
    1500
    If Millsap is included then yes I am in. Just something that keeps coming to my mind ever since TD first mentioned this trade is that we would be going the Nuggets way. No true go to guy. Is that good or bad, I still don't know...

  7. #862
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    If Millsap is included then yes I am in. Just something that keeps coming to my mind ever since TD first mentioned this trade is that we would be going the Nuggets way. No true go to guy. Is that good or bad, I still don't know...
    I'm partial to more score-by-committee oriented teams so I have my bias, but I feel like Shved and Rubio could make it work and sort of be the Chaunceys to our Detroit.

  8. #863
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I'm partial to more score-by-committee oriented teams so I have my bias, but I feel like Shved and Rubio could make it work and sort of be the Chaunceys to our Detroit.
    Yeah Detroit is the good example. And Denver is not bad but on the other hand not great. Maybe because Gallo has not been consistent.

  9. #864
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I like the money and fit of Favors. You get another year of rookie deal and the chance to match on market value. Bigs always cost a bit more so that also helps Favors' cause in the argument. Finally, Favors fits well with a variety of personal as an athletic 4/5 shotblocker who doesn't need the ball to be effective.
    That is true he would come cheaper. However we lose about 15-16 Points per game and at least 3 rbs per game with Favors that Love brought us. It's a risk and he would have to drastically improve in order to make it feel like we got a good deal out of it. With Rubio he might be able to get a few more PPG. Millsap would need to be included for me as well as a pick or two.

    With Gay we won't lose as much per game points wise. However we will see a drop rebounding wise in my opinion. Plus we would have to find a PF somewhere either in the draft or FA.

    While it's fun to talk about this Love won't be traded anyways. But hey can't help to wonder what if!

  10. #865
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    That is true he would come cheaper. However we lose about 15-16 Points per game and at least 3 rbs per game with Favors that Love brought us. It's a risk and he would have to drastically improve in order to make it feel like we got a good deal out of it. With Rubio he might be able to get a few more PPG. Millsap would need to be included for me as well as a pick or two.

    With Gay we won't lose as much per game points wise. However we will see a drop rebounding wise in my opinion. Plus we would have to find a PF somewhere either in the draft or FA.

    While it's fun to talk about this Love won't be traded anyways. But hey can't help to wonder what if!
    Absolutely, I wouldn't do anything close to Love for Favors straight up. For me it'd be something like Love + Ridnour for Favors, Millsap and Hayward or some other good filler. Millsap gets you those missing points in the equation and Favors gets you some defense and blocked shots.

    I love the world of what ifs! If anyone here ever meets a team owner put in a good word for me - anything to do with team personnel would be great. Thanks!

  11. #866
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    766
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Absolutely, I wouldn't do anything close to Love for Favors straight up. For me it'd be something like Love + Ridnour for Favors, Millsap and Hayward or some other good filler. Millsap gets you those missing points in the equation and Favors gets you some defense and blocked shots.

    I love the world of what ifs! If anyone here ever meets a team owner put in a good word for me - anything to do with team personnel would be great. Thanks!
    love's probably not going to be traded for at least 2 years if at all, but this trade is so good.

    if they're that big on favors, i'd even go

    love + DW
    for
    favors + milsap + hayward + burks/filler/picks.

  12. #867
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,895
    vCash
    1500
    Love isn't being traded for the next 2 years. Minimum.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #868
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,560
    vCash
    1500
    I like Millsap, but I still wouldn't trade Kevin Love. Until the last moment, if it becomes obvious he's opting out.

    Love for Anthony Davis + expirings?

  14. #869
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,639
    vCash
    1500
    Gallo, Faried, Mozgov for Love seems like a perfect trade for both teams.

    Faried the PF of the future, you lose offense but rebounding is more or less equal.

    Gallo locked in for 4 years, the scoring wing MIN has been lacking.

    Mozzy good backup center.

    And for DEN, they need to trade depth for a star, Gallo is very good, but it doesn't appear he is going to be that star they need.

  15. #870
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I like Millsap, but I still wouldn't trade Kevin Love. Until the last moment, if it becomes obvious he's opting out.

    Love for Anthony Davis + expirings?
    NOLA doesn't make that deal, they have Davis locked in for 4 years at cheap and he's looking like an absolute stud player.

    Why trade him for 2 years of Love when you're not ready to win and Love is always complaining about not winning. There's no way Love would resign there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •