Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 150 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    There is a fascination with JJ Redick here, and I get that fascination...but, is JJ better than what we have when we are healthy? Is he better than Budinger? is he better than Shved? I can better understand possibly going after Pau, cause he makes our team better than what Reddick does. Where does Redick fit in when we are healthy? I assume we would find time for a player like that, but does he get minutes over Chase? Shved? even Roy? Even if he does, how many minutes does he play? Are those minutes enough to warrant trading someone like Derrick Williams for him? We feel we are in such need for a SG right now, because with the injuries, we are. But do we have such a need later in the season?
    Both Reddick and Budinger need new deals. Reddick will cost more. So that is why many here feel sticking with Budinger is a better deal. He is just a slight downgrade. As for Shved, he is on the cheap, so he is of no consequence. Besides, he can play 3 positions. Always handy to have a guy like that for injuries.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    what is with the Beal fascination? The dude is supposed to be this awesome shooter, yet stunk in college, and sucks balls in the pro's at it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Both Reddick and Budinger need new deals. Reddick will cost more. So that is why many here feel sticking with Budinger is a better deal. He is just a slight downgrade. As for Shved, he is on the cheap, so he is of no consequence. Besides, he can play 3 positions. Always handy to have a guy like that for injuries.
    So...you agree that we dont need Redick when healthy then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    So...you agree that we dont need Redick when healthy then?
    we don't need him I suppose, but I only say that because I think he will cost too much to retain, versus Budinger. That was a huge loss honestly, none of us knew how big a loss until our only shooter went down until Love gets stronger, and Shved gains steam.

vCash
    we don't need him I suppose, but I only say that because I think he will cost too much to retain, versus Budinger. That was a huge loss honestly, none of us knew how big a loss until our only shooter went down until Love gets stronger, and Shved gains steam.
    I agree with that. We are missing Bud.

United we Run

vCash
    what is with the Beal fascination? The dude is supposed to be this awesome shooter, yet stunk in college, and sucks balls in the pro's at it.
    The kid is 19. He played one year of college ball and now is on the worst team in the league. Yes, his percentages are awful from the field, but he has a nice shot. He shoots 85% from the stripe. The issue is that he's taking too many long jumpers. Once he's acclimated to the league and figures out shot selection (or gets a better coach to help him), he'll be just fine.

Here's one of Beal's good games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onjbYnKznlI

Here's Beal not backing down against Brandon Jennings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbIHA...endscreen&NR=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    The kid is 19. He played one year of college ball and now is on the worst team in the league. Yes, his percentages are awful from the field, but he has a nice shot. He shoots 85% from the stripe. The issue is that he's taking too many long jumpers. Once he's acclimated to the league and figures out shot selection (or gets a better coach to help him), he'll be just fine.

Here's one of Beal's good games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onjbYnKznlI

Here's Beal not backing down against Brandon Jennings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbIHA...endscreen&NR=1
    My biggest worry with Beal is that he reminds me of Foye(who I actually wouldn't mind having on this team.)
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 12-11-2012 at 03:37 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    My biggest worry with Beal is that he reminds me of Foye(who I actually wouldn't mine having on this team.)
    Mister grammar police officer!

Wolves United

vCash
    My biggest worry with Beal is that he reminds me of Foye(who I actually wouldn't mine having on this team.)
    I think that's a fair concern and a fairly good comparison more-or-less "worst case." Foye still is a useful player though. He's just not someone you build your team around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    We still need a theme song for "Grammar Police" and I offer to be OEF's deputy.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    See Aleksandar, that's a typo not a misuse of a word. "e" and "d" are adjacent on the keyboard(one above another) and since I don't look at the keyboard when I type, I may make mistakes every once in a while.

Also, your grammar is pretty poor, but since it's your second language I am not correcting your every mistake. Misuse of common words on purpose is what annoys me, not a typo or a simple misspelling error - I have plenty of these also.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 12-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

vCash

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

vCash
    I personally would pick this one:
    http://i1.cpcache.com/product/828704...=460&width=460

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

vCash
    See Aleksandar, that's a type not a misuse of a word. "e" and "d" are adjacent on the keyboard(one above another) and since I don't look at the keyboard when I type, I may make mistakes every once in a while.

Also, your grammar is pretty poor, but since it's your second language I am not correcting your every mistake. Misuse of common words on purpose is what annoys me, not a typo or a simple misspelling error - I have plenty of these also.
    Ummm.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Ummm.....
    I know, I know, I fixed it before I saw your post.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1: