Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 150 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever:24619682
    Can we throw in Benz no matter who we trade for.
    Yes.

vCash
    Raptors get: Derrick Williams
    Lakers get: Barganani, Pekovic
    TimberWolves get: Gasol
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Is that all the Raptors want because I was just thinking up a couple of 3-ways with:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bg2ce24

Gasol to Minny/Bargs & Calderon to LA/Pek, Williams and Barea to TO

(I get that Valanciunas is the center of the future but Pek is better now)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8zyegq

Same trade except that Earl Clark goes to TO, Ridnour to LA and Ross to MN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Is that all the Raptors want because I was just thinking up a couple of 3-ways with:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bg2ce24

Gasol to Minny/Bargs & Calderon to LA/Pek, Williams and Barea to TO

(I get that Valanciunas is the center of the future but Pek is better now)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8zyegq

Same trade except that Earl Clark goes to TO, Ridnour to LA and Ross to MN
    I'd perfer the first, Raptors are a young team and we need to restart rebuilding again, Williams by himself would be fair IMO but I'd be happy to get that hulk (Pekovic) on the Raptors to teach Valanciunas and be his gym trainer or something
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    I'd perfer the first, Raptors are a young team and we need to restart rebuilding again, Williams by himself would be fair IMO but I'd be happy to get that hulk (Pekovic) on the Raptors to teach Valanciunas and be his gym trainer or something
    I figured as much. As a Wolves fan, I'm not big on giving up Pek, Williams and Barea to get Gasol and would like to find a SG. Money-wise (after December 15th) I believe a trade could work with Roy instead of Pek and he'd essentially be an expiring contract, but I don't know if LA would be satisfied with just Bargs or Bargs and Barea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I dont like it, but rumors are we are hot on Pau Gasol, and need a third team to get involved. Lakers need a PF.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5xmzy5

We give up a **** ton in Pekovic, Williams, Ridnour, Barea and Malcolm Lee, and we get Pau and Anthony Morrow.

Josh Smith goes to the Lakers

Pek and DWill go to Atlanta.
    that's horrific.

any why you don't trade with LA. you get r*ped.

i'd be offering EITHER pek or dwill + ridnour. if they don't want it, move on.

remember what we got back for KG. jefferson + trash. KG was in his prime and twice the player gasol is, especially an aging gasol.

going by this logic, offer pek/d-will + ridnour (who is better than anyone outside jeffeson we got in the KG trade) - if they decline, so be it.

vCash
    I would much rather trade williams, a pg and maybe even a pick (depending on the return) for a sg/wing. I don't really want gasol for what it will take to get him.

vCash
    Another player the T-Wolves can possible trade for is Marcus Thorton. He is coming off the bench this year for the Kings and he is their 6th man. The Kings put Evans back at shooting guard so Thorton is coming off the bench. Williams and Barea for Thorton and Thompson. I really like this trade since Thorton can be the answer to the shooting guard position and Thompson can be Pekovic back up. The Kings then can let Williams and Robinson split minutes and Barea can be a spark off the bench for the Kings.

vCash
    I would much rather just swap DWill and Barganani, instead of doing all that. Pau is a waste of time.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    i want gasol in Minnesota bad definitely an upgrade

vCash
    I'm not suggesting that pek is better then gasol, but i'm not on board with bringing in gasol at the expense of pek......I'm not even going into $$$$$$$.

vCash
    From Wolfson

Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn is casually talking to other general managers, but nothing is percolating.

As for the ESPN report that they offered center Nikola Pekovic and Williams for Lakers center/forward Pau Gasol, a team source said numerous conversations happened this summer. Gasol very much remains on their radar, but no offer was made recently.

Until Gasol is moved, count the Timberwolves as heavily interested. In fact, the source said ownership is willing to go over the luxury tax for the 2013-14 season if need be. Gasol is guaranteed $19,285,850 next year.

The source was pretty convinced any Gasol trade is way more likely to include a third team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman01 View Post
    Another player the T-Wolves can possible trade for is Marcus Thorton. He is coming off the bench this year for the Kings and he is their 6th man. The Kings put Evans back at shooting guard so Thorton is coming off the bench. Williams and Barea for Thorton and Thompson. I really like this trade since Thorton can be the answer to the shooting guard position and Thompson can be Pekovic back up. The Kings then can let Williams and Robinson split minutes and Barea can be a spark off the bench for the Kings.
    wouldn't mind Thornton at all. You saw this trade on espn a few days ago, I agreed with it then as well.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    wouldn't mind Thornton at all. You saw this trade on espn a few days ago, I agreed with it then as well.
    Yet you disagreed with it when I suggested it about a month ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Yet you disagreed with it when I suggested it about a month ago.
    was Chase down at that point? I don't remember. And I like the package honestly, with Thomas coming back as a backup PG.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.