Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 150 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanVictoCigar View Post
    I don't think that's How it works. I think if he was owed 16mil a year from POR we sign him for 5mil their liability is 11mill
    I know this is true when you pick a player up from waivers after an amnesty but in Roy's case he retired and wasn't picked up during the amnesty waiver period so IDK if it still applies.

vCash

vCash
    Okay Kahn, just make the trade offer (NO Williams or Pek) and if they don't take sign the offer sheet and let us move on. I think it is pretty clear to all paying attention they do not want to deal with us. Iggy is still out there to be had and so is C-Lee and Mayo.

vCash
    The Portland GM is a new guy. He will do everything he can to make a point early on in his career there. He will lock up much of his cap space with Batum and handcuff his team for the next four years. That's fine. That's cool.

vCash
    We need to go for Iggy. That is the name Love would recognize as a "big move" for him.

vCash
    Jesus ffffing Christ! That damn offer sheet was supposed to be submitted on first day, 11th! Tomorrow, we would know the outcome. And seeing their offers for Hibbert/BLopez went to hell, they probably wouldn't match!!

Submit the beeping offer already!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    We need to go for Iggy. That is the name Love would recognize as a "big move" for him.
    Tony, I have been agreeing a lot with you lately.
    the greatest inequality is the equal treatment of unequal people.

vCash
    Chris Vernon ‏@ChrisVernonShow

heard that if deal goes through with TWolves + Grizz it will be Wayne Ellington for Dante Cunningham

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Griz have no exceptions but Minn could get Dante Cunningham and route to third team.
    Last edited by tobiasz89; 07-13-2012 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    It sounds like we don't have enough cap to submit the offer sheet. This blows. Just give up and go for Lee.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...nd-guard-sour/

Here is a link from the commercial appeal. I would be interested in Ellington most likely out of the three. What would you guys think of a Ellington, Johnson, or Webster trade for Cunningham?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    It sounds like we don't have enough cap to submit the offer sheet. This blows. Just give up and go for Lee.
    We can if we waive Webster/Miller, but they remain in play for a deal to get done at the moment.

Ellington is unnecessary and may be a sign that we are preparing to submit the offer sheet and clearing extra space for the other guys.

vCash
    I also agree with this. Courtney Lee is nice, but he doesn't make us as good as Iggy would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post

Here is a link from the commercial appeal. I would be interested in Ellington most likely out of the three. What would you guys think of a Ellington, Johnson, or Webster trade for Cunningham?
    Honestly none of them are in our plans for the future imo. Is his contract unguaranteed? I think we would be doing something like this to try and shed salary...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post

Ellington is the only one I'd do it for (Webster can be waived non-guaranteed and Wes has some potential left...), but I am good with that deal. It balances our roster a bit and Ellington wasn't going to get many minutes if any.

For the Grizz, Ellington is a decent bench player with a nice pull-up stroke, but he is streaky. Somewhat undersized, but he plays hard and is a great team player/personality.

vCash
    I don't know that $15M is worth it... and this whole Love thing just reminded me of when we started letting KG decide who he wanted as teammates. BAD IDEA! Let the GM do his job and if he does it right, Love can STFU

I'd much rather have Courtney Lee at $15M for the life of his contract or thereabouts. Let's be patient and finish up with Batum and if that doesn't work, move to Lee.

Page 5 of 150 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast