Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    mamba24 Guest
    ok... The 1st would only be in play if roy was in the deal instead of pek... So either pekovic alone OR roy and a 1st...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba24 View Post
    oh shoot... My bad. Thought i did. It was basically this...

Minny gets:
    josh smith
    pau gasol

atl gets:
    dwill
    either pekovic OR roy and a 1st
    devin ebanks
    steve blake

lakers get:
    kevin love
    jj barea or ridnour

it all worked money wise... My bad about not saving the trade before posting it.
    No. I think most people would rank a Love/Pek frontcourt over a Smith/Gasol one before you even consider age and contract situation. And Atlanta does not want Roy I can assure you of that.

Honestly, I don't know what trade the Lakers can make. I wouldn't put it past them because they have in the past but they have no assets. Gasol is getting older and is super expensive, Kobe isn't going anywhere and also is old and super expensive, MWWIII is overpaid undertalented and a headcase, and the Lakers have traded away their picks for the next decade.
    Last edited by topdog; 11-26-2012 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    still no, although it is a decent offer.

A lot of people are down on Love right now because of a 3 game sample size, last year Love was regarded amongst the fan base as untradeable. He will regain that form if his ego doesnt get in the way.

mamba24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    No. I think most people would rank a Love/Pek frontcourt over a Smith/Gasol one before you even consider age and contract situation. And Atlanta does not want Roy I can assure you of that.
    so if you could replace pek with a player and a 1st would you do it then?

That would give the wolves pek pau and smith... Pau with rubio would be awesome. I think the wolves forum is probably the best on psd... You guys arent jerks here like a lot of guys on the lakers forum lol...

mamba24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    still no, although it is a decent offer.

A lot of people are down on Love right now because of a 3 game sample size, last year Love was regarded amongst the fan base as untradeable. He will regain that form if his ego doesnt get in the way.
    i think love just needs a little time lol... He's been out for a month or 2. Once he gets in game shape AND the wolves get rubio back they are gonna look so good...

vCash

vCash
    so if you could replace pek with a player and a 1st would you do it then?

That would give the wolves pek pau and smith... Pau with rubio would be awesome. I think the wolves forum is probably the best on psd... You guys arent jerks here like a lot of guys on the lakers forum lol...
    No. I'm probably in the minority as far as those who would consider trading Love for someone outside the top 10 i.e. a package, but it just doesn't make sense to do anything with our frontcourt (which is really good) without a drastic improvement in our backcourt (which is really bad).

Also, people in the Lakers forum aren't just jerks, they don't know much about basketball [generalization alert]

vCash
    Give me Kobe or no deal.

mamba24 Guest
    No. I'm probably in the minority as far as those who would consider trading Love for someone outside the top 10 i.e. a package, but it just doesn't make sense to do anything with our frontcourt (which is really good) without a drastic improvement in our backcourt (which is really bad).

Also, people in the Lakers forum aren't just jerks, they don't know much about basketball [generalization alert]
    i know what you mean... The lakers are one of the teams in professional sports that get bandwagon fans that just know they are popular... Im from la and am a die hard lakers fan. I feel like a lot of people who disagree with something said in the lakers forum act like its personal lol.

It would be tough to change up the bigs tho... Youre right about that... You guys would need korver to come back in a deal to make that one even remotely possible

mamba24 Guest
    i think you are probably right. The lakers havent done anything to really make pau a desired player... And his huge ***** contract really hurts too...

vCash
    i think you are probably right. The lakers havent done anything to really make pau a desired player... And his huge ***** contract really hurts too...
    A lot! Next year his trade value will go up though.

vCash
    Pau's contract isnt as terrible as people make it out to be. He does get paid a ridiculous amount, and much more than his value as a player, but like Turtles pointed out, that contract all of a sudden becomes valuable in less than a year. I think it would be great to get Pau here, but it would be at the expense of Pekovic, who I would not be willing to give up, unless we do not feel we can sign him to an extension...if a trade went down also, I don't think the Lakers go for a deal revolving around Pekovic because he would just be a backup to them..I could see something like Josh Smith to the Lakers, Pau to the Wolves, Pek to ATL...those would just be the main pieces with other role players and picks involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Pau's contract isnt as terrible as people make it out to be. He does get paid a ridiculous amount, and much more than his value as a player, but like Turtles pointed out, that contract all of a sudden becomes valuable in less than a year. I think it would be great to get Pau here, but it would be at the expense of Pekovic, who I would not be willing to give up, unless we do not feel we can sign him to an extension...if a trade went down also, I don't think the Lakers go for a deal revolving around Pekovic because he would just be a backup to them..I could see something like Josh Smith to the Lakers, Pau to the Wolves, Pek to ATL...those would just be the main pieces with other role players and picks involved.
    But it still doesnt solve the problem of a SG that can shoot and defend. That is the #1 priority now and we need to fix that before other trades are considered imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    But it still doesnt solve the problem of a SG that can shoot and defend. That is the #1 priority now and we need to fix that before other trades are considered imo.
    I never suggested we trade for Pau, I just suggested we don't...

And though I do feel like SG should be the priority (why the **** did we not go after OJ Mayo?), I don't feel like you pass up on a good trade just because the player you would be receiving isnt a SG.

vCash
    Tayshaun Prince to a contending team is a brilliant idea topdog. That guy is virtually wasting his career in Detroit.