Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Iggy+Batum is ludicrous. Not financially possible, and doesn't make sense to pay that much to 3 guys essentially. Remember, Budinger is up for a new contract after this season if we intend on keeping him as well.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tobiasz89 View Post
    Iggy would be great but doesnt he have just 2 years left on his contract? and do you think he will want to resign with us when he is 30? Lets say we barely make it to the playoffs in the next two years and he leaves... that would have been a waste.

I saw on espn that we talked to the Bulls about Korver... kinda like him but would we have to give up to get him? It also said that we are shopping point guards because we have to many after we signed Shved.
    Kevin Love is going to be what, 29 when his deal is up. Does that mean he won't want to resign here at that time? At some point the Wolves are going to have to do what they have been saying they want to do all along, and thats add a veteran in the locker room. You are not going to find a young vet with playoff and olympic experience that we actually have a chance at getting. So far this offseason we have heard we are going after batum (23), Sved (23), Hill (24?). One of the youngest teams in the league just seems to keep getting younger, no matter what the front office says that they want to do. Step it up and get iggy in a deal, bring that vet presence, that defensive presence, and that leadership/friendship that KLove wants to be around. Two happy all-stars next to future all-star rubio, former all-star roy, and pek, sure sounds nice to me!

vCash
    I think B Roy would be considered a vet.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Iggy+Batum is ludicrous. Not financially possible, and doesn't make sense to pay that much to 3 guys essentially. Remember, Budinger is up for a new contract after this season if we intend on keeping him as well.
    So was wade lebron and bosh, that happened. So is dwight dwill and joe j. That could happen...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    So was wade lebron and bosh, that happened. So is dwight dwill and joe j. That could happen...
    because those teams totally stripped their roster of any contracts.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Iguodala's contract. It's basically the same:

Iguodala - DWill = Batum

In case we get Iggy I would like to see us getting rid of some other contracts and signing C.Lee too. Something like.

Iguodala 14,7 for DWilliams(5), JJBarea(4,5), and throw in our next year's 2 first round picks. which would leave us with about 10-11 mil to sign C.Lee and Stiemsma, and maybe Toliver for 1,5-2 mil.

Then sign Roy on MLE

Rubio/Ridnour
    C.Lee/Roy
    Iguodala/Budinger
    Love/Toliver
    Pekovic/Stiemsma

I would absolutely love these starting and backup units. Iguodala lacks shooting,but is still better than Batum overall. Our defense would be among the best in the league, if not best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Financially, may be doable actually. Just a pipedream, but let's see:

Rubio(3.75) - Ridnour(4) - M.Lee(0.76)
    Iguodala(14.7) - Roy(5.2)
    Batum(10.5) - Budinger(0.95) - Hummel (0.7)
    Love(13.66) - Toliver(2)
    Pekovic(4.65) - Stiemsma(3)

Total stands at 63.87mil

It would go like this:
    Amnesty Darko 5.2

Trade/ditch:
    DWilliams 4.95
    JJBarea 4.5
    Wesley Johnson 4.28
    Ellington 2.08
    Throw in next year picks to make it happen

Leave:
    Rubio 3.75
    Ridnour 4
    M.Lee 0.75
    Budinger 0.95
    Love 13.66
    Pekovic 4.65
    Total 27.78

Add:
    Batum 10.5
    Iguodala 14.7
    Stiemsma 3
    Total 56

Then add:
    Roy MLE
    Toliver bird rights for 2mil
    Hummel rookie contract

There is even room for Shved, if he's 2.5 mil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Financially, may be doable actually. Just a pipedream, but let's see:

Rubio(3.75) - Ridnour(4) - M.Lee(0.76)
    Iguodala(14.7) - Roy(5.2)
    Batum(10.5) - Budinger(0.95) - Hummel (0.7)
    Love(13.66) - Toliver(2)
    Pekovic(4.65) - Stiemsma(3)

Total stands at 63.87mil

It would go like this:
    Amnesty Darko 5.2

Trade/ditch:
    DWilliams 4.95
    JJBarea 4.5
    Wesley Johnson 4.28
    Ellington 2.08
    Throw in next year picks to make it happen

Leave:
    Rubio 3.75
    Ridnour 4
    M.Lee 0.75
    Budinger 0.95
    Love 13.66
    Pekovic 4.65
    Total 27.78

Add:
    Batum 10.5
    Iguodala 14.7
    Stiemsma 3
    Total 56

Then add:
    Roy MLE
    Toliver bird rights for 2mil
    Hummel rookie contract

There is even room for Shved, if he's 2.5 mil
    well, I give you props for the very detailed post, I mean it, but not all of that can happen, and we would be hamstrung temporarily.

vCash
    Not a bad scenario, but when you add those contracts together for this year, you are forgettin we have to resign these players, most notably Pek.
    Still, fun post.
    the greatest inequality is the equal treatment of unequal people.

vCash
    broy is already getting paid so whatever the twolves pay him just saves the blazers money - so he doesn't care what he signs for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by howiend View Post
    broy is already getting paid so whatever the twolves pay him just saves the blazers money - so he doesn't care what he signs for
    I dont think the Wolves save the Blazers any money. I think whatever his contract was, he gets...then whatever the Wolves sign him for, he gets too...

so, hypothetically, if a player was getting paid 20 mill a year, and was amnestied, and his new team pays him 4 mill a year...the old team is not only paying him 16 mill, they are still paying him 20 mill, the player collectively would be getting 24 mill from both teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I dont think the Wolves save the Blazers any money. I think whatever his contract was, he gets...then whatever the Wolves sign him for, he gets too...

so, hypothetically, if a player was getting paid 20 mill a year, and was amnestied, and his new team pays him 4 mill a year...the old team is not only paying him 16 mill, they are still paying him 20 mill, the player collectively would be getting 24 mill from both teams.
    I don't think that's How it works. I think if he was owed 16mil a year from POR we sign him for 5mil their liability is 11mill

vCash
    i read on one of these boards that the money the wolves pay him - the blazers don't have to pay him so in your case he still makes 20mil, 16 from the blazers and 4 from the wolves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by howiend View Post
    i read on one of these boards that the money the wolves pay him - the blazers don't have to pay him so in your case he still makes 20mil, 16 from the blazers and 4 from the wolves
    that would seem to make a lot more sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    I think B Roy would be considered a vet.
    i would agree

Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast