Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That douglas guy had a hilarious post in the royce white thread.

"If Royce White is missing, he can't be too far gone, because he's afraid of flying"

Wolves United

vCash
    just thought of this really crazy trade I think might could work...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=asgsuuv

Looking at the raptors forum they seem to be really tired of bargs and loosing in general.
    Looking at the jazz forum it seems like they're just trying to move either milsap or jefferson and could use a good point guard in return.

I propose this trade and have bargs come off the bench for us, give utah 1 or both of our first round picks and i think everyone's happy.

What do you guys think, stupid or do i have a good deal here?

vCash
    Bargs would be a nice bench piece, but not sure I would give a 1st for him.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchuckdoubles View Post
    just thought of this really crazy trade I think might could work...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=asgsuuv

Looking at the raptors forum they seem to be really tired of bargs and loosing in general.
    Looking at the jazz forum it seems like they're just trying to move either milsap or jefferson and could use a good point guard in return.

I propose this trade and have bargs come off the bench for us, give utah 1 or both of our first round picks and i think everyone's happy.

What do you guys think, stupid or do i have a good deal here?
    Two things I don't like: 1. Paying Bargs $10M 2. Giving Williams + a pick(s) which we only have one coming up because of the Wes J deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Two things I don't like: 1. Paying Bargs $10M 2. Giving Williams + a pick(s) which we only have one coming up because of the Wes J deal
    also factor in Kahn purposely left a re-do for 2015 in the cap, and yeah, no thanks to his deal. I would for sure trade for Reddick, letting Williams go, and then re-signing Budinger after the season, while trading away Luke or Barea at the deadline for something not long term.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Though, we need to figure out who is worth re-signing. Right now, Dante, and Budinger are no brainers for me. Depending on health, Kirilenko. Pekovic's numbers haven't hit the cap either, whatever they may be.

I doubt we have much cap space in the summer of 2015, unless Love opts out and leaves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Though, we need to figure out who is worth re-signing. Right now, Dante, and Budinger are no brainers for me. Depending on health, Kirilenko. Pekovic's numbers haven't hit the cap either, whatever they may be.

I doubt we have much cap space in the summer of 2015, unless Love opts out and leaves.
    Re-do is in 2014, correct? According to Hoopsworld, we'd have $23,520,618 in guaranteed salary for Love/Barea/Shved with a no-brainer team option for Rubio's additional $5M.

Pek (12M?), Budinger (5M?) and Cunningham (4M?) would have to be re-signed as well as Derrick Williams' team option hangs out there (6M). Depending upon what they cost to re-sign, we might have a fair shot at a near max contract (R) if Williams were not picked up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Re-do is in 2014, correct? According to Hoopsworld, we'd have $23,520,618 in guaranteed salary for Love/Barea/Shved with a no-brainer team option for Rubio's additional $5M.

Pek (12M?), Budinger (5M?) and Cunningham (4M?) would have to be re-signed as well as Derrick Williams' team option hangs out there (6M). Depending upon what they cost to re-sign, we might have a fair shot at a near max contract (R) if Williams were not picked up.
    yes, it would be in 2014, my bad. Was looking at the wrong year. There would be room for a max deal with your offers to Pek/Bud/Dante, and letting Dwill walk. This would allow for us to chase a big fish to put with Love/Rubio/Pek for at least one season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-power-forward
    Saw this in the main forum. It would be awsome if kahn could jump in a do a 3 way....
    Pau to us, Josh Smith to lakers, and say Dwill + to the Hawks!

Only if going over the cap is an option.
    we would have to provide them with 4 or 5 players, just to get the salary to match with Pau. I would love Pau on this team, but a team as depleted as us, cannot afford to give away or 5 players in a trade, and only receive one back.

vCash
    Why would we even consider a move like that? We are set. We could only do with an upgrade at the SG and we even have the means to get that player if the opportunity arises.
    What we need right now to get healthy.

United we Run

vCash
    well my only thought was that those young euro players would thrive there and D.will could learn from Ariza. i mean AK47 would be a great role model for jan, tomas and emier. plus you get two 2ed round picks to either trade or use. i say if you can add 3-5 young prospects for the price of one that you don't even want, i think thats a good deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitx777 View Post
    well my only thought was that those young euro players would thrive there and D.will could learn from Ariza. i mean AK47 would be a great role model for jan, tomas and emier. plus you get two 2ed round picks to either trade or use. i say if you can add 3-5 young prospects for the price of one that you don't even want, i think thats a good deal.
    Since I live in Europe I am delighted to bring European talent. Still I am very afraid to pull the trigger on this one. And I will say it again. It's not that we are the magical place where all Europeans play well. It's who we brought.
    Now let me ask you a question. Are your team willing of parting with a first round pick?

United we Run

vCash
    Not for williams. But again your getting 3 young players and two 2ed round picks. thats a lot for a guy whos not really all that valuable to you. now we might swap picks, but we would have to keep the two 2eds and maybe one player, and the swap would have to be loto protected. i mean i can see the wiz give up the players, and the second round picks. but i dont see them giving up a 1st round pic for wiliams,i really dont see any one doing that. and really is a first round pick all that better than this package. i mean your getting, 3-5 players, and with the money your saving from D will, you can go sign tomas and emier. i mean really your getting a lot of value for a player thats really not all that valuable to your team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitx777 View Post
    Not for williams. But again your getting 3 young players and two 2ed round picks. thats a lot for a guy whos not really all that valuable to you. now we might swap picks, but we would have to keep the two 2eds and maybe one player, and the swap would have to be loto protected. i mean i can see the wiz give up the players, and the second round picks. but i dont see them giving up a 1st round pic for wiliams,i really dont see any one doing that. and really is a first round pick all that better than this package. i mean your getting, 3-5 players, and with the money your saving from D will, you can go sign tomas and emier. i mean really your getting a lot of value for a player thats really not all that valuable to your team.
    Guess I wouldn't do it in your place either. Look you keep saying that Williams is not valuable to us. Williams is an asset that can be traded so he remains valuable. And what we need right now is a SG. So we need all the assets we have to make a move if something interesting appears.

United we Run

vCash
    Ya, i wouldnt do that trade, we need to trade williams for one good-really good player. Not 4-5 average/ project guys that would be cut from our roster...