Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like Derozen but I like Williams potential more, I'd do Calderone for Barea in a straight up dealio though. I'd probably do Ridnour for Calderone for that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hype View Post
    I like Derozen but I like Williams potential more, I'd do Calderone for Barea in a straight up dealio though. I'd probably do Ridnour for Calderone for that matter.
    Calderon makes $8 million and we are at the cap. We would need to send out the same salary so it would be one of those + another deal at least. All for a one year rental for a player who will be relegated to the bench for the majority of the night come Feb, when Rubio is 100%.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Originally Posted by Hype
    Calderon makes $8 million and we are at the cap. We would need to send out the same salary so it would be one of those + another deal at least. All for a one year rental for a player who will be relegated to the bench for the majority of the night come Feb, when Rubio is 100%.
    Not that any of this is going to happen but is fun discussing. First Hawk I to like Evans and if that was available I would take that trade first.

Second I have been a supporter of Williams probably more than he deserves as I do think he has a great upside still. That being said I do think the Willimiams and JJ for Caldaron and DeRozen makes sense.

Caldaron will be great as has starter talent and again he and Ricky are good friends. Caldaron I think would really consider resigning next year as we should do well and he and Ricky could split time. If not his money comes off of the cap for signing some others.

As far as Derozen he has not been a great shooter but is more of the slasher and is a much better fit for "need" at the SG/SF that we need. If Roy's knees go and AK47 leaves we are again looking for that player at SG or SF. He gives us that more than Williams.

vCash
    I'm glad the idea seem to garner some positive discussion. I found it an interesting scenario that another poster put forward in our forum. Anywho, good luck next year!

vCash
    Rumors are the Wolves are still looking for another C...a couple unrestricted FA's out there, are Mehmet Okur, who would not be bad as the 3rd center at all...and there is also Solomon Alabi, who I was hoping the Wolves would select in the 2nd round two years ago, before we took Paulo Prestes. Alabi has tremendous size, and would be more of a project guy, but I think we need to add some more young talent on this team, after cashing in on Wes, Ellington, not having a draft pick this year, and letting Beas walk.

vCash
    ...wrong thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ...wrong thread.
    Get out of here.

vCash
    I wonder how the Rockets feel about Williams? I wouldn't mind sending him out for Jeremy Lamb and one of their power forwards... or two.

vCash
    well, they have 12 PF's, so pick one.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    That's why I said "or two." It doesn't really matter which so much. Preferably not Patterson is all. Say Lamb and Jones.

Or, we could tweek the proposal from the Raptors forum into a 3-way: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9duer84

Rockets get DeRozan and Barea for Lamb, Johnson and Douglas. Raptors get Williams, Douglas and Lee for Calderon and DeRozan. Wolves get Lamb, Calderon and Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    That's why I said "or two." It doesn't really matter which so much. Preferably not Patterson is all. Say Lamb and Jones.

Or, we could tweek the proposal from the Raptors forum into a 3-way: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9duer84

Rockets get DeRozan and Barea for Lamb, Johnson and Douglas. Raptors get Williams, Douglas and Lee for Calderon and DeRozan. Wolves get Lamb, Calderon and Johnson.
    While I like it for us and the Raps, it makes 0 sense for the Rockets. Jeremy Lamb will be a better NBA player than DeRozan in all likelyhood.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    While I like it for us and the Raps, it makes 0 sense for the Rockets. Jeremy Lamb will be a better NBA player than DeRozan in all likelyhood.
    Yeah... I don't know that we have anything they want. I need Morey's simulator to figure out what kind of player he is after. That was more of a "fit" trade - I also wondered if they'd be interested in Klieza or if they'd want Williams despite being another forward.

So, I guess my point is: I don't know what the Rockets are doing but they have some desirable young players.

vCash
    What are some thoughts on a 3-team trade I came up with while playing around with the trade machine on ESPN

Raps get:
    Deng
    JJ
    Dante Cunningham

Bulls get:
    Williams
    Ridnour
    DeRozan

Wolves get:
    Calderon
    Hamilton
    Davis

Why it makes sense. Raps need a SF and they get that in Deng. They have been trying to move Jose for a while it sounds like as well. Bulls get young players in DWill and DeRozan. With Deng gone, DWill can get playing time at the SF position, as well as some PF when Boozer is out. Williams will give the Bulls another reason to let Boozer be amnestied if he can prove he can play. The Wolves get a point guard, and friend, of Ricky until Rubio is healthy again. Rip also gives us a scorer and defender off the bench. If Roy has trouble with his knees, Rip can step in and play those minutes. Davis would also give us a backup big who can defend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleTicket View Post
    What are some thoughts on a 3-team trade I came up with while playing around with the trade machine on ESPN

Raps get:
    Deng
    JJ
    Dante Cunningham

Bulls get:
    Williams
    Ridnour
    DeRozan

Wolves get:
    Calderon
    Hamilton
    Davis

Why it makes sense. Raps need a SF and they get that in Deng. They have been trying to move Jose for a while it sounds like as well. Bulls get young players in DWill and DeRozan. With Deng gone, DWill can get playing time at the SF position, as well as some PF when Boozer is out. Williams will give the Bulls another reason to let Boozer be amnestied if he can prove he can play. The Wolves get a point guard, and friend, of Ricky until Rubio is healthy again. Rip also gives us a scorer and defender off the bench. If Roy has trouble with his knees, Rip can step in and play those minutes. Davis would also give us a backup big who can defend.
    Or if not Davis, then the Raptors can sign and trade Solomon Alabi, who has been previously mentioned above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Royce White.