Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Varejao would be a bench guy. He would back up both Love and Pekovic. I am not that opposed to this trade like some others, that being said, we eliminate a trade asset for next summer if we sell low on DWill now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    Yea the trade would definitely make your team improvise your line-up, but maybe thats not all that bad.

With Kevin Love being pretty fricken phenomenal at just about everything, especially his ability to shoot outside and stretch the floor better than any other PF in the league, would he be able to play the 3 for you guys?
    You could have a line up of...

PG-Rubio
    Sg-Roy
    SF-Love
    PF-Varejao
    C-Pekovic

To me that sounds like a damn decent line up. You guys would probably be the best rebounding team in the league and your post defense would be outstanding.
    Love has a hard enough time defending athletic 4s much less 3s. Plus, we just shelled out $10M a year for AK47 to play the 3. Imo, if we're going to pay $8M for a player, it better be one that is going to earn their paycheck i.e. play minutes and that would likely mean a 2 or 3.

vCash
    I completely forgot you guys picked up AK47 this offseason so disregard that last post. But now that trade makes a lot more sense. In Andy you guys get a guy with huge defensive presence, high energy, and hustle off the bench who can play both the 4 and 5, and play them both very well. And in Derrick Williams the Cavs get not only the 3 that we desperately need, but possibly the final piece to their starting line up of the future. Furthermore, we can actually give him not only the playing time he needs to actually develop into a solid starter but we can give him a definite position to develop his skills at instead of making him a 3/4 tweener.

I think this trade really helps out both teams and I hope this trade ends up happening unlike the other trades the Cavs backed out of this offseason.

vCash
    The problem with getting Varejao, as I stated, is that we would give away arguably our biggest available trade asset, and entering next offseason would be totally cap-strapped and be looking at the same team minus the mid-level exception. We need to make sure and use our assets correctly. It's good to go all in and make the playoffs, but not at the expense of destroying our youth outside Love/Rubio, which cuts directly into the maxed potential of the roster. Only contenders should be bringing in nothing but vets. We are still on the rise, we are not ready to pony over all young assets unless they make us significantly better. Something Varejao doesn't do.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    The trade helps us this year. What about next year? And after?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEver View Post
    I completely forgot you guys picked up AK47 this offseason so disregard that last post. But now that trade makes a lot more sense. In Andy you guys get a guy with huge defensive presence, high energy, and hustle off the bench who can play both the 4 and 5, and play them both very well. And in Derrick Williams the Cavs get not only the 3 that we desperately need, but possibly the final piece to their starting line up of the future. Furthermore, we can actually give him not only the playing time he needs to actually develop into a solid starter but we can give him a definite position to develop his skills at instead of making him a 3/4 tweener.

I think this trade really helps out both teams and I hope this trade ends up happening unlike the other trades the Cavs backed out of this offseason.
    Williams is not a SF. If he was, we would not even consider trading him. He is a PF.
    And because he can be considered a piece to build upon -as you said- he has value in the market. The problem is that we are building a team that we want to keep together for a long time. Trading Williams for Varejao (and his salary) isn't helping us do that.
    And I am writing these putting aside how much I hate this player.

United we Run

vCash
    SO, was this other significant move Kahn was talking about, part of the Lakers trade for Dwight? And we missed out? Or do you guys thing he still has another move up his sleeve?

Other then adding another a starter PG, just incase Rubio doent return to his self right away, or a back up big, which we are sitting ok on, if we sign AT, and keep Williams as a tweener 3/4. What other upgrade can we realistically expect?

I am not convinced we want to let Luke run the offense on a year we are hoping to make a run in the playoffs. I like Luke, but I like him as a back up, rather then a starter. JJ, he could be involved in a trade for what I care.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    How about D Will, JJ for Thad and J Rich?

vCash
    thad is a tweener i wouldnt be too interested in him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsteel View Post
    How about D Will, JJ for Thad and J Rich?
    So, do Philly 3 favors in one trade?:

1. Take J-Rich's bad contract that took on in order to get Bynum
    2. Take on Thad Young's $8M deal to be a backup (which Philly already regrets signing him to)
    3. Give them the most valuable player in the deal - Williams (combination of potential+cost+actual production).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    So, do Philly 3 favors in one trade?:

1. Take J-Rich's bad contract that took on in order to get Bynum
    2. Take on Thad Young's $8M deal to be a backup (which Philly already regrets signing him to)
    3. Give them the most valuable player in the deal - Williams (combination of potential+cost+actual production).
    yeaah, this.

vCash
    how about my sixers love that move. wolves roster should be set imo, AV is only a minor short term upgrade at a backup position, and a down grade in future value and contract wise.
    hell if williams finds his roll as back up 4 or post up 3 AV is a down grade this year. and athleticly, u want guys like williams running the floor with rubio on the break.

vCash
    The Verajao rumors just dont make a ton of sense to me...I understand the desire for a defensive minded big and I dont doubt that he would give us a very good rotation of big guys, but if we do indeed pull off that move, our roster will have been essentially capped potential wise.

Rubio-Barea
    Roy-Sved
    AK-Bud
    Love-Verajao
    Pek-Steams

Not bad on NBA 2k13 (assuming Roys injury rating is above 0) but theres alot of question marks and alot of highly likely negative answers.

I say all this with absolutely no idea what Dwills true trade value is, but I think it can go up. He isnt Johnny Flynn (no brains) or Wes Johnson (no balls). He showed talent last year, it was just too inconsistent due to his struggles to adapt to NBA athleticism vs college. If he learns how to finish more efficiently and improves his defensive awareness (both things can be improved with experience), then he can become a very demandable asset. Verajao is a nice piece, but hes a piece that a contender gets to put them over the hump, a situation that we are not in at this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsohnasty View Post
    The Verajao rumors just dont make a ton of sense to me...I understand the desire for a defensive minded big and I dont doubt that he would give us a very good rotation of big guys, but if we do indeed pull off that move, our roster will have been essentially capped potential wise.

Rubio-Barea
    Roy-Sved
    AK-Bud
    Love-Verajao
    Pek-Steams

Not bad on NBA 2k13 (assuming Roys injury rating is above 0) but theres alot of question marks and alot of highly likely negative answers.

I say all this with absolutely no idea what Dwills true trade value is, but I think it can go up. He isnt Johnny Flynn (no brains) or Wes Johnson (no balls). He showed talent last year, it was just too inconsistent due to his struggles to adapt to NBA athleticism vs college. If he learns how to finish more efficiently and improves his defensive awareness (both things can be improved with experience), then he can become a very demandable asset. Verajao is a nice piece, but hes a piece that a contender gets to put them over the hump, a situation that we are not in at this time.
    good post!

vCash
    Anyone notice the Rockets roster lately? It looks like our summer league roster - 21 players!

I don't know about any big trades but I wouldn't mind picking off a few players from Houston's roster like Jajuan Johnson or Greg Smith. We could send out Ridnour who could mentor Lin and maybe take back Toney Douglas too. Then again, maybe Morey has bigger plans brewing