Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i think its pretty obvious we are putting something together for a sign and trade

vCash
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Minnesota Timberwolves:* The Minnesota Timberwolves appear to be the replacement team if the Cavs’ leg cannot be revived. The Magic were supposedly meeting with the Timberwolves late yesterday, but the word is that Minnesota is trying to move off Brad Miller and Martell Webster. Both have limited guarantees on their deals making them disposable for Orlando. The Wolves are said to have real interest in Jason Richardson and MarShon Brooks. J-Rich was rumored to be headed to Minnesota at the trade deadline, so much so that J-Rich and his family started telling other players that he would be a T-Wolf. The deal did not end up happening, but there is a history of pursuit with the Wolves and Richardson. The Wolves seem a little more willing to deal than the Cavs did as of yesterday, but things on this front have changed on a day-to-day basis, so it’s unclear if the Wolves will actually deal.

@SamAmicoFSO: Latest on Cavs' involvement in Nets-Magic potential deal says they're still in it, but no more than Bobcats. And get this: T-Wolves in, too.
    This was in a dead thread - thought I would repost here.
    Mixed feelings on this one: J-Rich is the wrong side of thirty, and relied heavliy on athleticism in his game. Throws the ball up a bit too much, too. But, he plays reliable defense, is a veteran, and recently had his contract moved from out of this world (15/per) to managable (about 5.5/per) - if we can offload Miller and Webster at the same time - and pick up the back up some people here like in Brooks - it might not be too bad. Anyone know how the salaries fit?
    the greatest inequality is the equal treatment of unequal people.

vCash
    Jason Richardson must be one of the Batum fall back plans.

vCash
    Not sure how I feel about j rich but if he can be had for martell and brad miller then we do that in a heartbeat

vCash
    absolutely no thanks on J-Rich.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    how do you feel about Mashooooonnn Brooks Hawk? I havent seen him play much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanVictoCigar View Post
    how do you feel about Mashooooonnn Brooks Hawk? I havent seen him play much
    the few instances I watched him, he reminded me literally of Nick Young.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I still would like to see us add a better defensive wingman. I'm not sure D-Will will be quick enough, and Wesley isn't big enough (or good enough).

That being said, I wouldn't be upset to see us get either Marshon Brooks or J-Rich. I saw Marshon play against the heat in late April, where he dropped 24-7-6 on 10/17 shooting. Definitely a little bit of a chucker but it was his first season - I'd rather see him than Richardson.

EDIT: Of course, it all depends on what they can be had for.

vCash
    I think we should trade barea, webster, miller, dwill and our two first round picks next year for Dwight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfrey View Post
    I think we should trade barea, webster, miller, dwill and our two first round picks next year for Dwight.
    no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfrey View Post

I think I would do that also just for one year of Dwight. Then hope Love and Rubio can convince him to stay after we get the the Western confernce finals.

vCash
    honestly its probably not worth the risk and i was just throwing it out there as a funny situation but I think it would be interesting with Love and Rubio and the possibility of dwight loving to play with a PG like Ricky and then having Love alongside him in the front court.. They've been 1 and 2 in RPG for the past couple of years..

then send Pek to portland for batum and we would honestly be looking at competing for top 3 seed in west

vCash
    Okay this is a bit out there and not going to happen but if I were Orlando I would have to think about it.

To MN: Dwight and Richardson.

To Orl: Webster (cap relief), Miller (cap relief), Williams, Johnson, Pek, JJ, and one 1st rounder.

We would have one year to convince Dwight to stay and likely would go a LONG way in the playoffs. Big risk big reward.

Orlando gets a starting C and PF with a PG who would bring some buts in the seat.

As they say "Shoot the Moon" - it immediatley makes us contenders. Also would attract some Vets to come here for cheap - ala the Heat.

vCash
    ^ You on somethin
    Terrible idea

vCash
    it really isn't a terrible idea at all wsu... its just so farfetched that it seems stupid to talk about

Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast