Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2250
    vCash
    How about taking a small risk on a high reward type of player? Your gonna cringe when I say it but sign Allen Iverson for the rest of this year. He can use it to show the league he can still play, if he can... Maybe he is good enough to help get this team back on track. The guy plain out knows how to score, he may have lost a step but is still dang quicker than most guys. He has leadership, remember he was league MVP in 2001. I would think the team would go for it simply for the publicity, the #3 jerseys to sell and the tickets to sell. We would then AI to a veteran's minimum.

Come March if all are healthy we have a starting 5 of

Rubio /Ridnour
    Iverson / Barea / Roy
    AK / Williams /Budinger
    Love / Williams/Cunningham
    Pek/ Stiegsma/ Love /Johnson

I would personally love to see it, the guy has had to have had a few reality checks. He found out he can run out of money and that girls "wife" is expensive when they divorce you. He fits the international profile of the team in the sense that he used to be more popular than Yao Ming in China because he was the short guy defeating the giants.

Plus, at this point...What do we have to lose? We have no one who can score and Barea frustrates me. Reward > Risk!!!!!

vCash
    A few more notes to put up...Everyone saying Kevin Love is angry and wants out...Pretty sure that is Media and only two frustrated interviews with Love. Were not trading him, atleast not this year as we have the best PF in the league locked in for 3 more years.

Every top 5 player that does well in this league gets time to play, Williams is being robbed. The guy has so much potential and a knack for scoring. Let him gain his confidence and play him more, give him more green lights and run plays for the guy. Hand over the reigns to him occasionally so he can feel like a core member of this team, not meat for a trade.

Ridnour, possibly the most stable back up PG in basketball. Should not be starting, but very decent player and excellent in the locker room.

Amundson let him go.

This team has so much talent on it, we've been robbed. We can't tank this year anymore cause this draft sucks. They need to look at the forums when it comes to drafting because they are terrible at it. My 2 cents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    A few more notes to put up...Everyone saying Kevin Love is angry and wants out...Pretty sure that is Media and only two frustrated interviews with Love. Were not trading him, atleast not this year as we have the best PF in the league locked in for 3 more years.

Every top 5 player that does well in this league gets time to play, Williams is being robbed. The guy has so much potential and a knack for scoring. Let him gain his confidence and play him more, give him more green lights and run plays for the guy. Hand over the reigns to him occasionally so he can feel like a core member of this team, not meat for a trade.

Ridnour, possibly the most stable back up PG in basketball. Should not be starting, but very decent player and excellent in the locker room.

Amundson let him go.

This team has so much talent on it, we've been robbed. We can't tank this year anymore cause this draft sucks. They need to look at the forums when it comes to drafting because they are terrible at it. My 2 cents.
    Williams is not consistent offensively. He improved this sector a bit this year but he needs to work on it more. You can't say he has a knack for scoring when he is usually blocked near the rim and his jumpshot is inconsistent.

I have not watched the draft projects yet but I can say that they will be some interesting international players coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    Wolves receive Tyreke Evans
    Kings get Alexey Shved and Chase Buddinger
    no way...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Williams is not consistent offensively. He improved this sector a bit this year but he needs to work on it more. You can't say he has a knack for scoring when he is usually blocked near the rim and his jumpshot is inconsistent.

I have not watched the draft projects yet but I can say that they will be some interesting international players coming.
    I absolutely agree. The problem with Williams is exactly that, he doesn't have a knack for anything. Virtually, nothing in basketball comes natural to him.

He has potential to be good in everything, if taught. But no basketball instincts whatsoever.

For example, Rubio has a knack for passing, obviously. But he can never shoot. Or Pekovic, he has a knack for scoring around the rim and playing in the low post, he just feels natural doing that. Then again, he has no jump, and no idea how to block people, effectively stop slashers. Kirilenko has a knack for defending, along with body build.

Williams doesn't have a knack for anything. But on the other hand, he has no limits. He could shoot, strong enough to defend the paint, quick enough to guard the perimeter, can handle the ball like a PG, can rebound, get to the line, perfect athleticism, just everything. But nothing comes natural to him, he has to be taught, and get comfortable with those things in the games.

vCash
    That's a good joke!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I absolutely agree. The problem with Williams is exactly that, he doesn't have a knack for anything. Virtually, nothing in basketball comes natural to him.

He has potential to be good in everything, if taught. But no basketball instincts whatsoever.

For example, Rubio has a knack for passing, obviously. But he can never shoot. Or Pekovic, he has a knack for scoring around the rim and playing in the low post, he just feels natural doing that. Then again, he has no jump, and no idea how to block people, effectively stop slashers. Kirilenko has a knack for defending, along with body build.

Williams doesn't have a knack for anything. But on the other hand, he has no limits. He could shoot, strong enough to defend the paint, quick enough to guard the perimeter, can handle the ball like a PG, can rebound, get to the line, perfect athleticism, just everything. But nothing comes natural to him, he has to be taught, and get comfortable with those things in the games.
    Look IMO Williams is not a bad project. He has shown improvement and his character and mentality makes me think that he will continue to improve and become a good player. Look at Utah (an organization many here have said they like how they work). They took Kanter at #3. He plays less than Williams and produces less. But they are gradually giving him more time and help him improve.

vCash
    I think Kanter would blossom in a starting role right now. No need to keep him at the bench.

Similar case with Vucevic in Orlando, I'm surprised by his numbers, he's already averaging 11/11 for 31 min.

vCash
    I think Kanter would blossom in a starting role right now. No need to keep him at the bench.

Similar case with Vucevic in Orlando, I'm surprised by his numbers, he's already averaging 11/11 for 31 min.
    I would've liked it if we could get one of them to come off the bench behind Pek.

vCash
    I think I would be happy enough with someone like Ian Mahinmi LOL

vCash
    I think I would be happy enough with someone like Ian Mahinmi LOL
    Dear God I hope you are joking. Being 2'11'' and averaging 3,5 RPG... Sheesh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    That's a good joke!

vCash
    In the words of Paul Allen - "DOK..."
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 01-30-2013 at 06:09 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    The Wolves might miss Budinger of all the injured players the most (including 2012-13 Love). Shved is a promising young player on the cheap. The Wolves are the worst 3pt shooting team in the league. Tyreke Evans is about to be an RFA (in a way that in no way compares to what Budinger will get).

Each of those separate thoughts put together are why Wolves fans will not give your trade a second look. Why would the Wolves give up both?

vCash
    I don't think so man.

It may seem like some of us are overrating them, but Chase was playing some solid ball before he went down, and Shved has been super impressive as a rookie and will only get better.

We're the worst 3pt shooting team in the league, and this would only add to the hurt (removing two of our better shooters).

Plus, Rubio-Evans would be the worst shooting back-court in the league.

Just not a good fit for the Wolves.